Get Smart

The Wax Max

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Feb 24, 1968 on NBC

• Ammusement Park of Doom

This is another one of my favorate episodes ever because it's both thrilling and funny at it's best.
    It's once again another isolating sittuation where both 99 and Max are trapped in an area with danger everywhere both of them outnumbered and outgunned.

One of the great things about the episode is seeing both of them pitted against three horror movie foes (well KAOS agents dressed as them) Dracula, Frankstein, and even the main villian similar to the Vicent Price villian in the horror film "House of Wax" like in that film the victims of the villian become wax exibits.

The episode has also one of the best shootouts where Max and 99 are shooting at Dracula and Frankstin on a speeding carasel much like the thrilling final fight in Hichcock's "Strangers on a Train".

I really don't have much of a problem with the episode except I don't feel they utilize enough of the Ammuzement park I would of loved to of seen 99 and Max in a fun house. As well as a few more classic horror movie villians like the Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Wolf Man and others you can think of but I don't think there was time or enough room so oh well.

And that finale was great it sort of reminded me of the horror film "Re-Animator" though what was funny was the KAOS agents kept trying to stupidly hit a head that wasn't their instead of simply aiming for Max's body which was they had to do.