Ghost Adventures

Edinburgh Vaults

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 28, 2008 on Travel Channel

• Another perfect episode.

Zak, Nick, and Aaron travel overseas to one of the most haunted places in Scotland, the Edinburgh Vaults. The vaults are located under the Southern Bridge which was constructed in 1785.During the Irish Potato Famine of 1845 many Irish people traveled to Scotland seeking a place to live. They were forced to live in the vaults under the bridge, as many as 10 people would live in a single room. The conditions were worst than the tenants -- crowded, damp, with barely any air circulation. Today the vaults is one of the most highly active paranormal locations in the world. There have been reports of hearing voices, cold spots, and being touched. One of the most frightening involves an evil spirit named Mr. Boots, who allegedly killed a prostitute. Will Zak finally meet his match and cancel the lock down?

The EVPs were fantastic, and the teddy bear evidence was chilling

10 out of 10

• One of the most haunted places on the planet. Pretty freaky but I wanted more.

I felt the interviews at the beginning were great. The stories were pretty eerie and completely true. But I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I thought there would be a little more activity and more EVP recordings but such is season one. That's the first season's flaw; they don't leave the EVP recorder on when asking questions. They did get a few taps and scratches on walls and mumblings on the EVP. And not to mention the saw/dragging sounds they heard that went on for about 6 minutes! That was creepy! Also when they left the little boy ghost some toys, they moved! That was pretty sweet but I was expecting a lot more to be honest.