Ghost Hunters Academy Forums

Syfy (ended 2010)

Not Up To TAPS Standards

pamhalpert

[1]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    I love GH, but this show seems really scripted. All 5 students are worthless, and I think that is why they got picked so they can create drama between Steve & Tango against the students. I hope they ease up on the cheese.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Akara33

[2]Dec 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    I agree and was completely disappointed in Heathyr in the second episode. Were she truly a Medium, she'd have known the ranks of the sailors she was supposedly feeling. If you are going to go on a military vessel, please use a little intelligence and do some research before you make a complete fool of yourself.

gabfan31

[3]Mar 5, 2011
    • level: 100
    Akara33 wrote:
    I agree and was completely disappointed in Heathyr in the second episode. Were she truly a Medium, she'd have known the ranks of the sailors she was supposedly feeling. If you are going to go on a military vessel, please use a little intelligence and do some research before you make a complete fool of yourself.

Psychic Mediums rarely claim to get complete information about the spirits they "feel", so the fact that she didn't know their ranks isn't proof that she was faking it. However, I have yet to have observed a Psychic in action where I 100%, or even 51% believed that they truly had any real contact with spirits. The fact that she didn't have all the answers actually makes me less inclined to disbelieve her. After all, as you say, there are some facts anyone who does a bit of research ahead of time could learn, so her lack of knowledge means that she either didn't do any research, or did a sloppy job of it. And logically speaking, why wouldn't she do a thorough job of it if she wanted to convince skeptics that her abilities are real? I was glad that they got rid of her, though. TAPS is supposed to be about scienec (however poorly they actually understand and apply that knowledge), and her insistence upon using her "psychic senses" at the expense of techniques that could provide evidence for the rest of the world to examine for themselves made her just about useless for their purpose. Hm, maybe Ryan has an opening for a new psychic at Paranormal State...?
    Edited on 03/05/2011 11:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.