Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Anyone ever have a "ghostly" experience?

jane_doe37

[1]Oct 21, 2005
    • level: 12
    Have any of you guys ever seen a ghost? Anything weird happen in your house? Just wondering. Stuff just started happening in my house, and it's really harmless little stupid stuff that probably isn't even supernatural, but it's still freaking me out a little bit. Like at the stroke of midnight last night, the toolbar on my computer totally froze, and that's a normal computer occurrence, but at the exact same time, my iPod's backlight went on spontaneously, even though I wasn't touching it, it wasn't on, and I had the hold switch on (so if you touched a button it wouldn't go on). Nothing came up on the screen, it was just the light, and then it turned itself off like ten seconds later. It's color was also a slightly different tint than usual. That scared me a bit, and then today I walked into my room after school and my mirror was moved from my desk to my shelf, and I don't remember moving it there at all. I asked my mom, dad, and brother, and they all say they didn't touch it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VeggiHead

[2]Oct 23, 2005
    • level: 7
    My grandma died at our old house and you could "smell her". my sister knew here longer and i was a lil kid when she pasted so she can sense her smell better than me.

jane_doe37

[3]Oct 23, 2005
    Weird.. how long did that go on for? Yesterday while I was watching TV, the picture went out spontaneously, and I had to turn it off and on again to get the show back on. Probably not related to ghosts, but whatever.

Tarzan2k

[4]Oct 25, 2005
    • level: 2
    When i was in our Summer house It was an old Hospital.. i was going to the addict and when i got up like Sounded someone called mig name. ps.(i was alone) i just turn around and no one was there..

jane_doe37

[5]Oct 30, 2005
    It's SO creepy when that happens!! It happened to me once when I was lying in bed, about to fall asleep, and I know that can happen if you're sleepy & random thoughts fly around in your head, but it just sounded so clear... I was afraid to open my eyes.

Minarvia

[6]Oct 31, 2005
    • level: 39
    Not me, but my Mon and my sister went on a Ghost Tour of Gettyburg, PA two year ago. Now they didn't see anything, but my sister smell the sense of flowers and both my Mom and my sister sat down on the steps of one of the building. When they did that the felt the entire building was cold to touch. Now I have to said that this happen in a summer night.

With me, a couple of days ago, I could swear that I hear what sounding like somebody tapping glass with their finger nails. First it wasn't windy that night a secondly I was the only person in my house at the time when I heard that sound. Also my house felt like it shook slighly, now where I live dose not get a lot of earthquakes, plus I check it out and there wasn't even a recorded earthquake in my area. Now at first I thought that this was from the train, because my house is next to railroad tracks, which I first thought it was, and whenever the train would come, you get a warring that it coming. When it dose the virrabtion that comes from the train is maybe a couple of seconds before the train, but this wasn't so. Again there was no wind at the time of that this happen.

VeggiHead

[7]Nov 11, 2005
    jane_doe37 wrote:
    Weird.. how long did that go on for? Yesterday while I was watching TV, the picture went out spontaneously, and I had to turn it off and on again to get the show back on. Probably not related to ghosts, but whatever.

We moved 5 years ago but she died like 10 years ago abd she can still sense her like at her house. sory for the long delay.

desimargret

[8]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 1
    I've had a few minor ghost experiences over the years. The first one was when I just a child. I was laying in bed and I saw a pair of ghosts walk from the middle of my room and through the window. The ghosts were both white males in their late 30s or early 40s. Since I was just a child then, nobody believed me.
    My other ghost story is recurring every October for the past few years. A couple years ago I made a couple "witch" figurines and placed them on a green box with a glass candle between them (fake cauldren). As I was walking by them one day, one flew about a foot into the air and hovered there for a couple seconds before falling to the ground. Although somewhat spooked, I placed it back in it's spot. Afterwards, I'd occasionally walk into the room and find it (always the same one) on the ground, sometimes in spots where it logically couldn't have fallen. Every year since then I've placed them in the same spot and virtually the same thing happened. I say virtually because this year, after making many comments about how I couldn't wait for it to happen, the "incident" changed. This year it was the other figurine. Odd.

Mossant

[9]Nov 15, 2005
    • level: 4
    This was my sisters experience, The day after my grandfather died my mom went to his house and took 2 pictures one of my grandmas mother and the other my grandfathers mother. Well, my moms friend came over to see how she was doing and my friend and I went to the basement of my house to play rollercoaster tycoon on the computer. After about 30 minutes my sister came home she ate something and was going to go to bed after a long day, all of a sudden she started to scream "OMG get that picture out of here. I guess she saw our living room full of dead bodies and my grandpas mothers picture was glowing red. I came running up stairs and my friend a minute later after he saved the game. We all saw the picture of my great grtandmother's eye glowing red. My mom put the picture in our car. that was the end of that for the night but the next day 3 neighbors called our house and told us that are car had a redish glow coming from inside it. We returned the picture to my grandparents house that day. My sister who ended up moving in there says she hears pipes banging and other weird stuff like someone coming up the stairs and laying in bed with her. She is ok with it, she thinks it my grandfather.

laurzabeth

[10]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 3
    A few years ago on the anniversary of my grandmothers death, here photo leaped off the wall. I checked the fram and the nail in the wall and everyhting was perfect. It didn't add up. plus the photo didn't just fall down, it jumped off and landed close to the adjacent wall. it weird because it happened just seconds after I walked past it. I didn't hit it or anything. It really freaked me out. the weirdest part was the day it did that. we have never gotton around to fixing the corner that broke when it hit the ground, so it is no longer hanging in the hallway.

VeggiHead

[11]Jan 1, 2006
    desimargret wrote:
    I've had a few minor ghost experiences over the years. The first one was when I just a child. I was laying in bed and I saw a pair of ghosts walk from the middle of my room and through the window. The ghosts were both white males in their late 30s or early 40s. Since I was just a child then, nobody believed me.
    My other ghost story is recurring every October for the past few years. A couple years ago I made a couple "witch" figurines and placed them on a green box with a glass candle between them (fake cauldren). As I was walking by them one day, one flew about a foot into the air and hovered there for a couple seconds before falling to the ground. Although somewhat spooked, I placed it back in it's spot. Afterwards, I'd occasionally walk into the room and find it (always the same one) on the ground, sometimes in spots where it logically couldn't have fallen. Every year since then I've placed them in the same spot and virtually the same thing happened. I say virtually because this year, after making many comments about how I couldn't wait for it to happen, the "incident" changed. This year it was the other figurine. Odd.

]

maybe you should set up a video recorder next time.

Survivor21

[12]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 1
    I Have

when i was staying with my aunt house before my gandmother died i was sleeping in bed all a sudden a noise from the kitchen it sounded like dishes was dropping on the floor i open the door nothing was broken.

AryaSvitkona

[13]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    Y'all remember that episode where the team went to the Battleship North Carolina? I get to meet the night watchman soon!

Anyway, my friend's friend has a Day of the Dead doll that moved around on it's own. It went from the porch steps to a tree, then from the tree back, then from inside on the counter to the tree outside. Freaky.

Finalsequel

[14]Feb 28, 2006
    • level: 30
    Several. My favorite though was right after we moved into our new home. It was the home that my Grandfather had lived in, before he died. He was in the hospital(heart problems) and had a heart attack while waiting to go to surgery. I never got to see him the last three-four months of his life. We were really close. I was deeply upset about his death.

Anyways, the first night after we moved in, I was laying awake in bed, and I heard someone walking around in the kitchen. being 11 at the time, I thought it was a robber. So I was trying to be extremly quit. Suddnely I have to sneeze, i tried everythngi to stop from sneezing, but it came out. It was a loud one too. i knew I was fixing to be killed. I hear the footsteps start walking toward my room(which is right next to the kitchen). I closed my eyes tight, and listened intently as the footsteps came closer. They walked into my room, circled the room and stopped at my bed. I slowly opened my eye and no one was there, but I could fill the presence of something hanging over me. This "being" stood at my bedisde and watched me for several moments, before circling the room once more and leaving. I beleive to this day it was my Grandfather checking on me.

Blindside46

[15]Mar 31, 2006
    • level: 2
    A couple years back, In the Phillipines my Grandfather died in his bedroom. I was off at the store before he died. When his body was taken away and we came back to the house, the same room he died in ...the lights were flickering like crazy. We went up and nothing. We checked for electrical problems an there are non. My cousins that live in the house have ghostly stories about that room every now and then. They say that they sometimes feel touches on their shoulders in that same room grandpa died. It's a weird story.

Goliathfan1

[16]Mar 31, 2006
    I thought I did once but it just turned out to be the reflection of light off my glasses.

Soulse

[17]Apr 19, 2006
    Now, I don't exactly know if this was real or not. I'm quite skeptical about these things. Anyway, I was about 12yrs old when this happend (I'm 20 now). I awoke during the early morning. My clock said it was 6 am (which is when I usually get up to get ready for school) but later I found out it was about 4 am (still don't know why my clock was off. Anyway, I get up and then open my door.

Now my door opens up into a hallway with my sisters door right to the left of my door and my parents door to the right. My door opens, looking straight down the hall with a bathroom about part of the way down and then the entry way to the kitchen a little further down on the same side as the bathroom.

So, I open the door and step out into the hallway and I think I see my mom go into the entry way of the kitchen. She usually wears a red robe. All I could see of her though is the back of her foot and a piece of the red robe hanging down. NOT like she was invisible or anything, but more like she had just walked into the kitchen. I say "hey" but she doesn't respond so I just thought she didn't hear me. I walk down the hall and into the kitchen and shes not there. I turn the light on and no one. The kitchen also leads into the dinning room and I go in there, still no one. I walk through the living room and back into the hallway starting to turn on all the lights and I yell out "MOM!" Now if you remember my parents bedroom is right next to mine, all the way at the other end of the hall from where I'm currently standing. My mom opens the door to her bedroom and asks "what?" She hadn't left her room at all.

I have no idea what I saw, but it still freaks me out to this day.
    Edited on 04/19/2006 1:27pm
    Edited 3 total times.

CoolUserName

[18]Apr 24, 2006
    I've never had anything happen like what happened to Grant in the last episode. But i definitely have felt a presense at times or seen a door move in a room with no draft.

albopimpsta

[19]Apr 26, 2006

I have but not anything that hurt me physically just drafts and shadowy figures but thats it freaks me out a little but im used to it

Riaxia

[20]May 13, 2006
    • level: 5

A few months ago I was taking a shower and when I turned the water off something round and white ran fast across by the floor, I ran up stairs freaking out. A few years before this happened my dad said he had seen something floating in my basement doorway. We use to have cats awhile back, but they got old, just recently we got a dog, I took at picture and there was three orbs in the picture with my mom and dog, we had three cats. My dad was in the Army, he sent us pictures. In those pictures above everyones heads in the lunch halls there were hundreds or thousands of orbs there too. I was at my friends house and we were jumping on a tramplene, at the corner of my eye in her yard I thought I saw a dog, I turned to look again it was gone. My grandmas kitchen cabnits open on there own all the time, her husband died the house. The others things were in dreams and were confirmed by other people that they had happened. My mom, when she was young was out in the cemetary with friends and a tombstone began to glow red. I was out in a cemetary once as well I saw a glowing red ball far up on a hill. I'm guessing ghosts can glow red. I don't think I have anymore, but yeah, this has been over a 13 year period from the ones I've seen is that abnormal?