Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Anyone ever have a "ghostly" experience?

summer03

[21]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 2
    i'm foster brother died several years ago and a couple of times i could smell his clogne but it wasn't in the same place. one time i could smell in the movies and another time it was during english class.

one night my friends and i decided to go into the woods behind my house for the heck of it and we saw this shadow of a kid and we decided to go home because it was freaky and we noticed that it followed us onto the path. and that same night one of the windows in the room we were sleeping in opened on it's own and we knew that we shut it. we shut it and locked it because we were freaked out and moments later it sounded like someone was trying to open the window from the outside(it was locked so no one could open it). and they was naother time i was home alone in my brother's room and it sounded like someone jumped down from the attic and i thought i was imagining it but then i heard this loud noise in the hallway like someone trying to move something. so after a few minutes i went to check it out and no one was there or in the house besides me.  these are only some of the stories that i have.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gamerchikrpg

[22]Jul 31, 2006
    • level: 2
    Mossant wrote:
    I came running up stairs and my friend a minute later after he saved the game.

AFTER saving it? lol that's what i would do. the world could be ending and i'd have to save the damn game. my family experiences smelling my grandpa's pipe smoke. it's pretty wierd, but it's defenitely there. wow. my story sucks compared to alot of these. o well glad to have joined the post tho hehe.

roxy013

[23]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    i dont know if this counts but one time i took a picture and there was a weird rainbow blob looking thing beside my friends head. weird.

hsimpson44

[24]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 26
    I was at my friends house and we were alone. We wanted to watch a VHS tape and we had to go to his sisters room because that was the only palce with a VCR. by the way, his sister is six. There is a drawer above my friends sisters bed, with dolls on them. We threw them all in the floor because they are creepy looking. We paused the movie and went into the kitchen to get some pop corn. When we came back all the dolls were on the shelf. It scared the hell out of us.

OuroborosSnyder

[25]Aug 14, 2006
    • level: 25
    When I was about 7 years old, I was spending the night at my grandparents house along with my cousin who was 11 or maybe 12 then.  It was about 3:00 in the morning and the upstairs radio went off (it was a 3 story house and we were in the main floor).  It woke everyone up.  It was so scary.  Hardly ever do people go up there.  It was just storage and 3 spare bedrooms.  Its like the alarm went off at 3:00 am (was set).  It was kinda freaked out being so young.  My grandparents told my cousin to go upstairs and shut it off.  It was cranked up to full-blast though.  ~Snyder~

pokemonmon

[26]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 14
    hahaha these stories r spooky but funny

OuroborosSnyder

[27]Aug 16, 2006
    lol good times  *Smiles while singing, "Come out Come out, where ever you are*~Snyder~

Torizzllle

[28]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 11
    nothings really happend to me besides my mind playing tricks on me but.....

my friend has had several experiences... she lives like 5 houses down from me but it all started with her attic... she loved her attic she would go up there sit, and just play around in there, but one day when she was looking through her old childhood toys box and she felt suddlently like some one was watching her... keep in mind she dosnt get creeped out easly at all...but then she felt a blast of cold air surround her... and the attic is usualy about 101 degrese, but then she her footsteps and the floor started to vibrat... she ran out of there crying and ran down to my house sence then she has had feeling comming from the attic and other small but spooky things happen in her house.. she has been talking with a psycic online and thinks she may be sensitive... meaning psyic

OuroborosSnyder

[29]Aug 16, 2006

Ok I got another one...

There is this house on the ocean (puget sound WA) and somone had died in there like 7 yeras ago.  I can't remember if they were murdered or just dyed of old age.  Anyway's the house had just been left there vacant.  People would always sneek in there because rumors started that it had been haunted.  so I went up there with my cousin and other people were in there as well.  People would knock down doors and break the windows in it *sad I know* and do a bunch of other stuff to it.  Within the next week all of the damage would be fixed.  Any broken class and doors would be cleaned up and replaced.  It was really creepy.  No one knew how it was getting kept up.  It was actually a pretty creepy feeling in the house.  ~Snyder~

grailwolf

[31]Aug 30, 2006
    • level: 55

I don't doubt your experience, per se, crazygood06, but I strongly suspect that what you were experiencing was a hypnagogic state or one of the other things that can spark the imagination of a five-year-old.

The first reason I say this is that the devil (the biblical Satan) doesn't have horns. He is described as a fallen angel, and folk tradition says that he was the serpent in Eden, but no horns are described anywhere. He wasn't shown as horned until the middle ages, when the church was enacting a campaign to discredit all the indigenous religions of Western Europe (many of which had horned gods). So the idea of a horned devil has no basis in fact or folklore and is just a bit of propaganda that got out of hand. Therefore, even if such a thing as a devil exists, what you saw would still have been created by your own mind, which believed that the devil had horns. The only other explanation would be that you saw one of the horned gods of antiquity. If so, you should consider yourself more blessed than damned.

Finally, the fact that you recalled the same thing under hypnosis doesn't mean anything. Hypnosis may theoretically help some people to access memories that are locked in the subconscious mind (though there is no real evidence to support this), but it is not some sort of truth serum or something. If you claimed to see something and then were hypnotized and told that same story, all it proves is that you told the same story twice. No reason to think that you were more or less honest or accurate one time than you were the other.

Of course, none of this is to say that you didn't actually see something. There could very well have been some sort of paranormal experience, but it is always a mistake to trust our memories from when we were children (at that age we can convince ourselves that we saw things very easily) and we should never try to interpret such experiences based on what we thought at the time. If you want more verification, you could try to contact the current owners of that house and ask if they've experienced anything. Just avoid telling them any details of your own experience first, or you may taint their stories (if there are any).

KappaPsi

[32]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    Theres a place by my school in CT. Its called dudley town, or dark entry forest. Look it up, its absolutely nuts. i kinda believed in ghosts before i went there. After being there, i have no doubts. completely illegal to go there, you will be arrested for tresspassing if you get caught(not to mention looking out for cults that rome around the area at night too). There was a bunch of stuff that happen to me and my friends when we went there a bunch of years back, but ill only say one of the crazy things that happen. we all turned our cell phones off before entering the the forest. when we got out we turned them back on. it was a small enough group that you could hear and see everything that everyone else was doing. a few minutes down the road on the way home one of the kids that were with us got a call from a friend of ours that wasnt there asking him if everyone was alright and what the hell was going on. apparently at around the time we were in the town with phones off, his phone called our friend at homes phone and left a voice mail. when we got back he played it for us. the message had a bunch of people like screaming and saying help us and call 911 (the voices didnt sound like us but it was hard to tell). NONE OF US EVER SAID ANYTHING LIKE THAT THE ENTIRE TIME IN THE TOWN. regardless if you wanna believe the voice mail thing, our friend at homes caller ID had an incomming call from the kid that was with us at the time the phones were off and we were in the forest. Also, the next morning another kid that was with us got a call from a complete stranger asking him why he called him at 3am screaming into the phone. Also, I dont know if you have ever heared of the Warrens, but they are a husband and wife that study the paranormal. Theyve been on the discovery channel and they come to our school every halloween to talk about ghost hunting and stuff. When Mrs. Warren was asked about Dudley town at our school, she just kept saying that the place is evil, she tried going there once and couldnt make it into the actual town because the precence of evil was so strong and that no one should ever go there and she hasnt been back to the town since.

ez1jb

[33]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 14
    I don't know if this qualifies as a ghost story, but when I was 5 or 6 I had a dream about my Father. He was standing in the family room of our house looking down at me swathed in an orange light. This went on for about 5 minutes, him just looking at me. This is a ghostly story because my Father died before I was born. I described the outfit he was wearing to my Mother and she told me he had one like it. We'd never talked about clothing before, so there is no way I could've imagined that. Also, every time I'm on the computer, I always feel like someone is standing behind me. We also have minor TV quirks, turns off by itself, etc.

gaararules16

[34]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    ez1jb wrote:
    I don't know if this qualifies as a ghost story, but when I was 5 or 6 I had a dream about my Father. He was standing in the family room of our house looking down at me swathed in an orange light. This went on for about 5 minutes, him just looking at me. This is a ghostly story because my Father died before I was born. I described the outfit he was wearing to my Mother and she told me he had one like it. We'd never talked about clothing before, so there is no way I could've imagined that. Also, every time I'm on the computer, I always feel like someone is standing behind me. We also have minor TV quirks, turns off by itself, etc.
    well it is strange that u had that dream but all those other things are normal

MusashiSensi

[35]Sep 29, 2006
    • level: 4
    I've had a couple, but one of my most coolest ones were when i was like 7 i saw a man with no skin walk pass my door into my bathroom. i saw his veins and flesh as clear as day.

[36]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 4
    Honesty, nothing truly ghostly happened to me. But I do believe that their may something supernatural in my house(or myself). A few times this has happened to me:I was walking in my house and i go upstairs and one time i heard someone call my name and it sounded real, of course I turn around and no one is there. That happened about a few times to me, but one of the strangest was one night it was 11:00 at night, i was saying the Lord's prayer when all of a sudden I saw someone walking down my hallway, it looked my dad but my dad as a remember was in his bed; i turned more towards the door and i saw the figure turnn half-way into the wall and my siter's open door and disappear. I was freaked out so I wanted to see if my dad was really in their, and when i wnet in their no dad!! I checked the whole room(quietly of course not wake my sister) and found no one but my sister sleeping like a baby in her bed. It looked like a full grown man too and my sister is 7 so don't try telling me it was my sister, the strangest thing of all was that I litterally hearf the footsteps as if someone was really walking. I finished the Lord's Prayer and went to bed scared and freaked out!!

bragofan

[37]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    MusashiSensi wrote:
    I've had a couple, but one of my most coolest ones were when i was like 7 i saw a man with no skin walk pass my door into my bathroom. i saw his veins and flesh as clear as day.
    omg thats nasty and at the same time scary lol

bragofan

[38]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 13
    121212121211121 wrote:
    Honesty, nothing truly ghostly happened to me. But I do believe that their may something supernatural in my house(or myself). A few times this has happened to me:I was walking in my house and i go upstairs and one time i heard someone call my name and it sounded real, of course I turn around and no one is there. That happened about a few times to me, but one of the strangest was one night it was 11:00 at night, i was saying the Lord's prayer when all of a sudden I saw someone walking down my hallway, it looked my dad but my dad as a remember was in his bed; i turned more towards the door and i saw the figure turnn half-way into the wall and my siter's open door and disappear. I was freaked out so I wanted to see if my dad was really in their, and when i wnet in their no dad!! I checked the whole room(quietly of course not wake my sister) and found no one but my sister sleeping like a baby in her bed. It looked like a full grown man too and my sister is 7 so don't try telling me it was my sister, the strangest thing of all was that I litterally hearf the footsteps as if someone was really walking. I finished the Lord's Prayer and went to bed scared and freaked out!!
    i wish i didnt read this...i will remember this story at 11pm  2day

BlondeSakura

[39]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 10
    Well when I was about 9 my mother and I were walking around the house for a little while and when we were about to go inside my mother and I looked around the corner of my house (the door is right near the corner) and saw a shadow and we were the only one's at the house. A couple seconds later a butterfly flew by. The signifigance of the butterfly is my grandmother (who I never met) was very close to my mother and loved butterflys so me and my mom like to think that when a butterfly flies by we think it's her way of showing us she is still there so my mother and I think that is was my grandmother taking the walk with us .

Maisy13

[40]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 17

I have several experiences to recount.

1) This happened when I was a child. I was about 5. I don't remember this, but my Mother tells me that I was outside playing, when I came running in. I told her that a man had told me to get off of the swing set that I was swinging on, because it was going to tip over. She was concerned that a stranger had come up to me, and went outside to check to make sure he wasn't hanging around. She told me not to worry about it, because the swing was safe, and to tell her if  I saw the man again. She went back inside, and I went back to swinging. A few minutes later my mom heard me scream, she ran out and found me on the ground and the swing set tipped over.

2) Our town has a state park, It's called the Ocmulgee Indian Mounds. It is rumored that Native American spirits roam the park. Once when my sister and I were at the park, we were walking on a path towards one of the smaller, less visited mounds, when I felt as if someone was walking behind us. I turned around to see who was behind us. No one was there. I asked my sister if she had seen anyone around, and she said no, but she had thought that someone was behind us. The feeling was completely nonthreatening, and after a few minutes the feeling went away.

3) This happened to my cousin. My Great Aunt died when I was around 12, and my cousin had gone to stay at her house for the night. She was in the living room, when she saw my Aunt walk out of the bedroom, and into the kitchen.

It totally freaked her out.

4) My dad died in November of 2004, when my uncle died a few months later, both my sister and my mom saw my dad and him standing at the front of the chapel during the funeral service.