Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Anyone ever have a "ghostly" experience?

tigresblanco

[41]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 4
    About 4 years ago, while my friends parents were out of town and we had her house to ourselves we wanted to catch a ghost. Her parents collect antiques so with so much old stuff we were sure we could catch something. We have never believed orbs or pictures especially with digital cameras because it is just dust refecting off light so we set up a tape recorder and left it out when we went to bed. We set it up upstairs while we went downstairs and slept.

Then next morning when we listened to the tape we caught something! She has a grandfather clock that you can hear on the tape 'singing' it's midnight tune but you can hear with it a little girls voice humming with the grandfather clocks song and dongs! It isn't the exact tune so thats why you can hear her. After the clock is done it is all quiet for a few moments then you hear the girl gasp loudly!

We still have the tape and listen to it when we want to creep ourselves or our friends out. And since then we have set it up the same way but havn't gotten anything so it isn't some tune that just comes from the clock!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grailwolf

[42]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 55
    That's great! Ever thought of digitizing it so you could post it online? A lot of people would love to hear it, I'm sure.

Historygrad2005

[43]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    tigresblanco wrote:
    About 4 years ago, while my friends parents were out of town and we had her house to ourselves we wanted to catch a ghost. Her parents collect antiques so with so much old stuff we were sure we could catch something. We have never believed orbs or pictures especially with digital cameras because it is just dust refecting off light so we set up a tape recorder and left it out when we went to bed. We set it up upstairs while we went downstairs and slept.

Then next morning when we listened to the tape we caught something! She has a grandfather clock that you can hear on the tape 'singing' it's midnight tune but you can hear with it a little girls voice humming with the grandfather clocks song and dongs! It isn't the exact tune so thats why you can hear her. After the clock is done it is all quiet for a few moments then you hear the girl gasp loudly!

We still have the tape and listen to it when we want to creep ourselves or our friends out. And since then we have set it up the same way but havn't gotten anything so it isn't some tune that just comes from the clock!

Submit it to TAPS on their website they have a place where you can do that.  Question is were their any people sleeping upstairs at the time and does your friend have a little sister.

bragofan

[44]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 13
    this is getting interesting...

tigresblanco

[45]Oct 29, 2006
    I would love to submit it on the internet the problem is, is that is is recorded on tape and we don't have any kind of conversion thing to put it on the computer. Believe me we have tried! Until we can get a hold on some super equipment its just sitting in a box, under some blankets in a closet away from us. 

BlondeSakura

[46]Oct 29, 2006
    tigresblanco wrote:
    I would love to submit it on the internet the problem is, is that is is recorded on tape and we don't have any kind of conversion thing to put it on the computer. Believe me we have tried! Until we can get a hold on some super equipment its just sitting in a box, under some blankets in a closet away from us.

Too bad because it would be so cool to hear it!

Monkey2222

[47]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 2
    A couple weeks ago, I was in my room with my friends just doing normal stuff... then i SWEAR i heard crying or laughing and i'm positive that it wasn't my sister (who was the only one home besides me and my friends) and it couldn't have been my friends because it was coming from the wall behind me which on the other side is outside and the window wasn't open or anything. Then I told my friends what i heard and one of my friends said that she heard the same thing the day before... and I don't think she was lying because her reaction to it was very real. About a week and a half after that i was in the kitchen and i heard footsteps (by the way i was the only one home).

another one i remember was when i was like 7... I was going to bed and being the little chicken i was, i had the blankets over my head... then i peeked my head out and a black thing that was like death or ghost face from Scream swooped by me... i even felt wind.
    and there's many more...

noel212629

[48]Oct 31, 2006
    I think my house is haunted I can put my stuff down and find it in a different room and the other day I was home alone and I felt someone taping me and yesterday someone had their hand on my shoulder it is really creepy but it is not bad or anything so... and my friends daughter sees ghosts and we went to P.A. by one of the battle feilds and she saw a solider and she said he had a booboo and told her mom to help her but nobody was there.

enervator

[49]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 38

A few things jump to mind.  Years ago I had a dog.  He always wore a collar with a license, and whenever he ran upstairs to the second floor, you could always hear the collar jingling.  Sadly he died, and shortly afterwards my grandmother and I were sitting upstairs at the table when suddenly we heard the jingling come up the stairs.  Even stranger, we both got a whiff of his dog smell.  We looked, and of course there was no one there. 

Then a few years ago, after my grandmother had died, my mother had gone to Atlantic City for a few days, and my grandfather, who also lived with us, went to Pennsylvania to spend a few weeks with my aunt.  I no longer lived there at the time, but I was worried about someone breaking into the house with everyone gone, so I decided to spend the night there.  I stayed the night in my mother's room, and got very little sleep because I kept hearing footsteps walking back and forth in the upstairs apartment.  There was no one else in the house, and there were cats but they were all on the same floor I was.  I eventually got to sleep, and eventually woke up and heard that the walking was still going on.  I really don't consider myself to be a coward, but that night I was practically messing up my pants.  After my mother returned I asked her about it, and she said it happens every night.  Not during the day, but apparently someone walks up there every night, all night long.

Also a few years ago, my grandfather got very ill, was taken to the emergency room, and wasn't expected to live much longer.  At one point I was in the room alone with him, when suddenly I felt goosebumps and thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye.  I quickly looked and my grandmother, who died two years earlier, was sitting there, wearing a purple dress, and smiling.  She disappeared almost as soon as I looked at her, and I just felt chills.  My grandfather did pull through, and died a year later, in my mother's house.  Although I've never had any visions of him, or anything like that, the cat, who was very close to him, still won't go to the part of the floor where we found him dead.  That was about 2.5 years ago, and supposedly a cat shouldn't remember something like that, but even now he's very reluctant to walk into the room, and if he does he stops and stares at that one spot.  And if the other cats go into the room, he gets angry and chases them out.

BlondeSakura

[50]Nov 4, 2006
    Well I just had sort of a ghostly experience myself.

Right now I am in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. We were going around Devil's Den which is where a photograph of a confederate solider was taken and the person who took the picture moved the soldier to get a dramatic picture.

The importance of all that is that ghost is rumored to mess with cameras and "appear" in pictures.

I took a picture of exactly where the picture of the confederate soldier was and when I looked back at it there was a little orb right above the wall where the Confederate soldier lays.

I was so excited I ran to my mom and was practically jumping up and down. lol. I'll see if I can post it later, to see what you guys think.

brago_lover

[51]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 3

this happened to me actually today. i was in the basement playing on the computer, when all the sudden, i heard something drop from the back of the basement. i got scared, but stayed there anyways since im use to it.

my mom told me that a doctor died in this house. maybe it was him =/.

also, at night time, i hear plates moving downstairs even though everyone is sleeping...

LDG78

[52]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    Nothing has happened to me but, my cousin has a ghost cat in his apartment the likes to jump on his wifes lap. She feels its weight on her legs and after a couple seconds it jumps off.  And they've seen it running down the hallway.   A church in my home town,  Absecon, NJ has a woman ghost who use to be in the choir there.  Recently people heard her sing along with the choir during practice and once with an all male group during service. She was also seen walking out to the choir room once, one of the members asked about her to a choir member and was told there is no one in the choir by that description. She also greeted the woman working there one morning.  The worker had just unlocked the door and heard 'Good Morning'.  She looked around and no one was there.  She thinks she knows who it is and now says good morning and good night to her. 
    Edited on 11/15/2006 9:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

Minarvia

[53]Nov 18, 2006
    • level: 39

Here is another one, that I recall happen to me while we're in grade school. I was in a storage area where they kept all of the A/V stuff, with a bunch of classmates and they were talking about how our school was haunted. I was like "Yeah right." So we heading out the area, and one the girls walked pass a copying machine and the thing just turned just like that. Now fast forward and watching how things people are so clam at it, I am thinking that I might make a decent paranormal investagater, because it caused me to look toward it and ask "What the heck?" I wanted to go over there to see what had caused it, but the other girls just went nuts, by screaming and running away from it. Of course I follow the lead by doing the samething.

When we got back to the classroom I wanted to tell everybody what had happen while in there, but I wanted the other girls to back me up in what I saw happen. Nobody would come forward so I kept my mouth shut about what happen.

mindsedate

[54]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 14

I've had heaps in the house I grew up in but I'll only put a couple. Ok I thought I dreamt this until my sister asked me about it.

When I was like 4 me and my sister used to share a room and I used to wake up every night and play with the "fairies that lived in our wardrobe" they used to wake me up and we'd play with my toys and talk and stuff until my sister would wake up and put me back to bed. (Yeah you probably think I was just dreaming but it used to happen every night so I'm thinking it wasn't all just a dream.)

Also our house was haunted by a young ghost who my mum called James and we had heaps of visits from him, none were threatening or anything it just gave you a bit of a fright but then we had a karakia put on the house and it was fine from then on until we built a shed. One night I had all my friends over for a sleepover and me and one of my friends went inside to get the drinks and all of my friends came running out of the shed crying that a young boy had just walked through the shed, going through the walls. And I don't think they were all playing a trick cos a couple of them had to go home and their description of "James" was spot on and we were never allowed to tell anyone about James because mum was worried that it would scare people away.

Those are just a couple I have tonnes more but I think this post is long enough

hyrtm

[55]Nov 21, 2006
    I've got many experiences: I was in the basement in my unfished side where my dad has power tools with my best friend, I heard the drill turn on; I saw the apparition of my dead grandpa; I saw an apparition of a girl in my sisters room; I was touched on many occaisions; When alone, I hear footsteps and I could swear I hear the sound the computer keyboard makes, and I wasn't even on; the boiler room door opened by itself. 

hyrtm

[56]Nov 21, 2006
    One more experience, I was in the unfinished side with my dad, and I heard a 7 year old, feminine sob, and then heard a prair, but I couldn't make out the words. A disturbing experience was I was in my basement, I turned around and I had a camera with me, I saw nothing, when I looked at it later, I saw an apparition. And now my latest experience, this was recorded on tape and it is creepy. In my basement, I was ghosthunting with my best friend and sister, I heard a sigh next to me, I asked my friend if he sighed. He didn't. Later that night, my friend and I heard a gasp. Best thing is, this audio is recorded.

Minarvia

[57]Nov 21, 2006
    Hey, hyrtm, thinking about submitting your house to be look at by the Ghost Hunters? Because by what you are telling all of us, they would have a field day with your house.

hyrtm

[58]Nov 22, 2006
    I would but my parents won't let me. They don't believe in ghosts.

Minarvia

[59]Nov 22, 2006

hyrtm wrote:
    I would but my parents won't let me. They don't believe in ghosts.

That's a real shame. Here is another one from me. A couple of days ago I was in my bedroom getting ready to take a shower. I could swear I heard a male voice say "Philadephila" as clear as day. I went "Where the heck did that come from?" I didn't freck out when I hear that, I wanted to know where it come from.

So I thought that it might of been the sound of the trucks going over the major bridge where I live, to see if I was hearing things. I listen to varrious different trucks going over the bridge with my eyes close to see if I could recreate the sound. I couldn't.

Edited on 11/22/2006 5:47pm

stephen9286

[60]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 5

Yes I have a seen a ghost it was cool.