Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

California's Moss Beach Distillery is a complete phony

  • Avatar of omfg_its_dally

    omfg_its_dally

    [1]Jun 4, 2008
    • member since: 07/21/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    Haha the Ghosthunters pwnd this place. I thought Jason was going to kick the clients ass there for a second during the reveal when he said that the gimmicks "slipped his mind".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BTRAV

    BTRAV

    [2]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,200
    Yeah, and on top of that Grant hurt himself. Someone should sue (maybe).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Coffeegod

    Coffeegod

    [3]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 07/15/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 73

    There was one moment during the reveal that I thought Grant was going to go over the table at that twerp. You could see Jason just wanted to pound that dude's giggling butt into paste.

    Seriously, did those people think TAPS wouldn't find the fake stuff? How dense where they?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grailwolf

    grailwolf

    [4]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 04/22/05
    • level: 55
    • rank: Bounty Dog
    • posts: 4,578

    Guys, I need some help here. I always appreciate submissions, but last night a big storm blew out our power for the entire night. I'll see this episode soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate any information that anyone can submit.

    Thanks a lot!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blackgoddess316

    blackgoddess316

    [5]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 07/19/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 172
    hey! i didn't see the eps last night(6/4/0 but really the people faked the evidence? that is funny! i could imagine jason beating someone down for doing that, but i really can't imagine grant though. didn't that happen another time when someone faked the evidence? i know jason had mentioned it on an eariler eps. well, all i can say it that u gotta look out for the real hauntings and the fake ones cause people will do almost anything to get on tv.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Barrybgb

    Barrybgb

    [6]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,795
    I haven't seen the episode yet, but now I can't wait!. I can't believe what I am hearing!. I seriously hope Grant and Jason brought up what a crock and hoax it was and opened up the public to what phonies these guys were!.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrShotShot

    MrShotShot

    [7]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 08/21/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 292

    That whole thing was BS. I'd be livid.

    The bathroom set up was one thing - lots of bars do "funny" stuff similar to that in bathrooms - but the bar light system was just over the top.

    Either way, the guy should have said, "you know, we do have some gimmicky things installed here to entertain the customers, but we'll confirm that they're shut off when you guys investigate".

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [8]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    MrShotShot wrote:

    That whole thing was BS. I'd be livid.

    The bathroom set up was one thing - lots of bars do "funny" stuff similar to that in bathrooms - but the bar light system was just over the top.

    Either way, the guy should have said, "you know, we do have some gimmicky things installed here to entertain the customers, but we'll confirm that they're shut off when you guys investigate".



    The thing is the guy mentioned all of those things on the walk-through as if they were real occurances. That is what really ticked Jay and Grant off. If you read their book, this is not the first time someone has tried to pull a fast one on them and got busted. Some do it hoping to catch them not debunking and to be able to call them frauds. I wonder if there was something edited out with Jay telling the giggling idiot exactly what he thought about him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [9]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    grailwolf wrote:

    Guys, I need some help here. I always appreciate submissions, but last night a big storm blew out our power for the entire night. I'll see this episode soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate any information that anyone can submit.

    Thanks a lot!



    Grailwolf,

    It was a bit of a slow episode. The first location, an inn in Cape Cod, had little activity. Jay and Grant experienced a cold spot that would form on their legs when they sat in one particular chair in the Widow's Watch room. Other than that, the room the inn manager has a problem renting because of guests feeling uneasy had a fan that had a burned out gear. It was giving off a very high emf when on that gear. Other than that, nothing really happened.

    The second location, the distillery in California, was an example of the owners trying to pull a fast one on TAPS. The only suspense was to see if Jay would knock the guy senseless or not during the reveal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sweetie_tiffany

    sweetie_tiffany

    [10]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 505
    KMTaber wrote:
    grailwolf wrote:

    Guys, I need some help here. I always appreciate submissions, but last night a big storm blew out our power for the entire night. I'll see this episode soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate any information that anyone can submit.

    Thanks a lot!

    Grailwolf, It was a bit of a slow episode. The first location, an inn in Cape Cod, had little activity. Jay and Grant experienced a cold spot that would form on their legs when they sat in one particular chair in the Widow's Watch room. Other than that, the room the inn manager has a problem renting because of guests feeling uneasy had a fan that had a burned out gear. It was giving off a very high emf when on that gear. Other than that, nothing really happened. The second location, the distillery in California, was an example of the owners trying to pull a fast one on TAPS. The only suspense was to see if Jay would knock the guy senseless or not during the reveal.
    yeah i kn9ow i was waiting for him to just throw over the table and punce on the guy but unfrotunately he didnt
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrShotShot

    MrShotShot

    [11]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 08/21/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 292

    If you head over the SciFi boards some guy is posting a blog from the guy who was the primary investigator of the "real" hauntings at the Distillery. He's bashing the GHs for a)not doing their research b/c all of the gimmicks were "well known" and b)not giving them a pass on the gimmicks and continuing their investigation.

    Sorry, but there's a thing called credibility and the folks at the Distillery lost theirs - haunted or not, a legitimate paranormal group should never step foot in that place again.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Barrybgb

    Barrybgb

    [12]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 2,795
    MrShotShot wrote:

    If you head over the SciFi boards some guy is posting a blog from the guy who was the primary investigator of the "real" hauntings at the Distillery. He's bashing the GHs for a)not doing their research b/c all of the gimmicks were "well known" and b)not giving them a pass on the gimmicks and continuing their investigation.

    Sorry, but there's a thing called credibility and the folks at the Distillery lost theirs - haunted or not, a legitimate paranormal group should never step foot in that place again.



    What an idiot!. Some people never cease to amaze me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of PattiP0414

    PattiP0414

    [13]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 04/01/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 237

    I was really surprised that both Jason and Grant didn't haul off and deck the distillery manager. He deserved it, as far as I was concerned! Just watching that stupid, smug grin on his face would have driven me to deck his sorry a$$!!!! You know damn well that he did NOT "forget" anything. Watching his facial expressions made that crystal clear.

    SmileyCentral.com

    If the TAPS members are still footing the bill for all of their excursions, that would be an even stronger reason to deck the manager!!!! I am kind of curious to see if their (the Distillery people) little stunt will have some NEGATIVE repercussions. That would be sweet!!!! How does that old saying go?? What goes around, comes around. Every dog has its day. Karma is a b*tch!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TBones22

    TBones22

    [14]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,863
    What gets me is that thought they could trick the GH into beliving the place was haunted. But isnt it a little obvious that laughter happens EVERY time the ladies room door is opened? Seriously! Also, if they really wanted keep a gimmick going for business then are they that stupid to call TAPS and risk everything being exposed? Everthing WAS exposed and now everyone knows its fake! I mean come on... Some people are so stupid... I really kinda wished Jay and Grant would have said something (maybe not TOO bad since this is kind of a family show but SOMEthing to wipe that smile off that jerks face.... or if they did say something if they didnt cut it out. although, they have to still be profesional... I also cant belive that guy on the SciFi board bashing the GHs for not continuing the investigation and ignore the gimmicks. Uh yea, they did best they could with those lies. Ok. I'm done. I just had to rant a bit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [15]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    MrShotShot wrote:

    If you head over the SciFi boards some guy is posting a blog from the guy who was the primary investigator of the "real" hauntings at the Distillery. He's bashing the GHs for a)not doing their research b/c all of the gimmicks were "well known" and b)not giving them a pass on the gimmicks and continuing their investigation.

    Sorry, but there's a thing called credibility and the folks at the Distillery lost theirs - haunted or not, a legitimate paranormal group should never step foot in that place again.



    I avoid the SciFi boards on GH because just about everyone on there bashes the show and anyone who believes what they are doing is real.

    If the gimmicks were "well known", why did the guy on the walk through use them as examples of hauntings?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [16]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    TBones22 wrote:
    What gets me is that thought they could trick the GH into beliving the place was haunted. But isnt it a little obvious that laughter happens EVERY time the ladies room door is opened? Seriously! Also, if they really wanted keep a gimmick going for business then are they that stupid to call TAPS and risk everything being exposed? Everthing WAS exposed and now everyone knows its fake! I mean come on... Some people are so stupid... I really kinda wished Jay and Grant would have said something (maybe not TOO bad since this is kind of a family show but SOMEthing to wipe that smile off that jerks face.... or if they did say something if they didnt cut it out. although, they have to still be profesional... I also cant belive that guy on the SciFi board bashing the GHs for not continuing the investigation and ignore the gimmicks. Uh yea, they did best they could with those lies. Ok. I'm done. I just had to rant a bit.


    There are people out there who either a) want the TAPS team to call their place haunted so they can pull in business, or b) have them call it haunted and then come out and call them frauds. Just go over to the SciFi boards and you will find a bunch of them who would love to find definately proof TAPS are frauds. The problem is the way TAPS does investigations, they disprove first and then use whatever is left to determine if a place is haunted.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of troop398

    troop398

    [17]Jun 6, 2008
    • member since: 04/07/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,335
    This episode was upsetting, the first location was ok, found a cold spot, debunked an uneasy feeling. The second one was just junk, you guys have said the rest for me on that one.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BTRAV

    BTRAV

    [18]Jun 7, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,200
    The real frauds are the ones who rig the place up, not the ones who come and debunk it and want to kick your ass for wasting their time when they can be helping other people with more important issues. Just like you don't dial 911 if if you don't need the fire department, police, or an ambulance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sweetie_tiffany

    sweetie_tiffany

    [19]Jun 9, 2008
    • member since: 06/05/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 505
    exactly i agree with everyone on this forum
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of timecardslave

    timecardslave

    [20]Jun 12, 2008
    • member since: 04/14/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 5
    grailwolf wrote:

    Guys, I need some help here. I always appreciate submissions, but last night a big storm blew out our power for the entire night. I'll see this episode soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate any information that anyone can submit.

    Thanks a lot!



    I had the same problem, but I just looked on www.scifi.com/ghosthunters and was able to watch it there. It is the episode called widow's watch. I would also have to agree with all of you on this board. I think Jay and Grant both handled the situation very well considering. The thing that really gets me is that they would have been willing to go and investigate without all the props. If the guy would have just told them they wouldn't have wasted all their time. It wasn't like they just found the props, they guy described them as part of the haunting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.