Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Cheap Most Haunted ripoff?

PiperPrueLover4

[1]May 11, 2007
    • level: 18

Despite what the title may lead you to believe, I'm not judging the show, I have never seen it. I'm actually asking whether it is a Most Haunted ripoff. The reason I ask is that I am a Most Haunted fan and was curious as to why these men would enter a market that has already been tapped by such shows as Most Haunted and Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mgypop

[2]May 11, 2007
    • level: 2

Those shows are NOTHING copared to Ghost Hunters......i collect and record these type of shows and i must say that GH is the best....for starters, they don't run like cowards when they sense/feel or discover something (of course brian's an exception.... "DUDE, RUN").....they try to RECREATE the activites and rarely accept that a place is haunted rather than accepting that EVERY single place is haunted.....they use scientific approach while mixing it with spiritual approcah once in a while.........

bottomline, this show is for the smarter ghost hunting enthusiasts....just look at how Andy, Jason and Grant Dismiss/Debunk a Haunting

Edited on 05/11/2007 10:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.

tigresblanco

[3]May 12, 2007
    • level: 4
    Agreed. This show is great for believes of ghosts and non-believers. They attempt to prove it isn't haunted for the most part. Also you can tell from the way they talk through interviews and such that these guys are not actors by far! They are horrible at acting! But the show is still great.

I used to like Most Haunted but after watching GH I will never go back. MH just looks so far fetched and fake after one episode of GH. And the psychics they have on MH are way too annoying especially when it seems like nothing is happening. (because it isn't)

Watch Ghost Hunters it will be the best ghost show you ever watch.

PiperPrueLover4

[4]May 12, 2007
    I would like to see it (if it will ever effing come to Australia) but I'm not so sure if I want to if it will turn me off Most Haunted lol because I love that show too.

Oh well, I'll see what happens. Thanks guys

Mgypop

[5]May 14, 2007

I USED to love Most Haunted during its 1st seasons but when the the DEREK ACORAH controversy were revealed that his alleged possessions were FAKE and whenever someone feeds him untrue stories THEN use those stories in the show.....i regret watching it....

Although i still watch MOST HAUNTED to get a good night's Laugh at how pathetic these people are...you know like the host Yvette was FAKING the "ghostly" bumps and "knocks"....AND SHE"S THE FREAKIN' HOST!!!

I even watched 1st season again...during the second episode when the fat lady ran like a baby and said that she couldn't continue? what is this? SCOOBY FREAKIN DOO?! They're all overacting!! especially their resident fake medium Derek!

Now Ghost Hunters Investigates a place with one thing in mind....TO PROVE THAT THE PLACE IS NOT HAUNTED!!...now that's smart!!

Here are some Ghost Hunters episodes considered as Classics

- The Stanley Hotel Episode

- The Live Stanley Hotel Episode

- The Penitentiary (seaon 1)

- The Armory

etc etc

Try this.....Watch 2 episodes of Ghost Hunters Then Watch Most Haunted....you'll laugh A$$ off how pathetic and how stupid Most Haunted is......

you could try and download 2 or 3 episodes, see if you like it.....THEN BUY the DVD  

Edited on 05/14/2007 9:00pm

Mgypop

[6]May 14, 2007

Oh and if you're looking for proof that Most Haunted is Fake...Chack this site out: 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16303507&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=spooky-truth--tv-s-most-haunted-con-exposed-tv--name_page.html

PiperPrueLover4

[7]May 16, 2007
    Oh, I've seen all the Most Haunted is Fake stuff, Mary Loves Dick, Yvette Pushes Glass, the lot of it. But I try and try and try to believe that it isn't true, because I love the show, and Yvette so much. And I hate the thought that they're acting, and if they are then they're really good at it.

However, if Ghost Hunters does come to Australia (and I'm sure it eventually will) then I'll be glad to watch it.

But all personal feelings aside, it's a real shame that Most Haunted is fake, because it is a quite good quality show. And if nothing else it gives good histories of the buildings it investigates, so it's interesting from a historian perspective.

mrswinchester24

[8]May 16, 2007
    • level: 11
    Gh is real!!! they all ways investigate everything they catch and Jason HATES saying a places is Haunted unlike MH ever place they go 2 if Filled with ghosts but even if they were MH crew would not know Cause the cameras are always jammed in there faces!!  MH is a fake filled with  actors who can  scream at every little noise they hear!! but some times I watch MH to laugh. Also MH thinks every piece of dust any bug Is a ORB unlike GH they think orbs are not even prof of a Haunting

twins1729

[9]May 17, 2007
    • level: 13
    Mgypop wrote:

Those shows are NOTHING copared to Ghost Hunters......i collect and record these type of shows and i must say that GH is the best....for starters, they don't run like cowards when they sense/feel or discover something (of course brian's an exception.... "DUDE, RUN").....they try to RECREATE the activites and rarely accept that a place is haunted rather than accepting that EVERY single place is haunted.....they use scientific approach while mixing it with spiritual approcah once in a while.........

bottomline, this show is for the smarter ghost hunting enthusiasts....just look at how Andy, Jason and Grant Dismiss/Debunk a Haunting

Absolutely, that's why I love it, they go in, not necessarily as skeptics, but with an open mind to see what could be causing visions and so forth rather than the paranormal.

PiperPrueLover4

[10]May 17, 2007
    Do they have any mediums? Fake OR real?

Mgypop

[11]May 17, 2007
    nope they don't use mediums....although they invited a wiccan in one of their investigations

StopTheWatch

[12]May 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    Ok number one Most Haunted is a rip off of Ghost Hunters if anything. That show is absolutely abyssmal!

PiperPrueLover4

[13]May 19, 2007
    Mgypop wrote:
    nope they don't use mediums....although they invited a wiccan in one of their investigations

Oh really? I'd like to see that episode, I love Wicca.

Anyway I have made a fairly long post in the Most Haunted thread "I'm so disappointed" if you want to see my view on the whole MH/GH situation, I can't be bothered writing it again lol. It's post 12.

DisneyFreak33

[14]May 20, 2007
    • level: 21
    I don't like Most Haunted, the investigators don't have a good personality, On GH they can be funny or serious, and they don't freak out at every little noise. This show is the GREATEST Ghost show evvver!!

NilesCranePhD

[15]May 25, 2007
    TAPS even has a department within the organization dedicated specifically to debunking some of the claims.  Even when TAPS finds very compelling evidence, they still rarley accept it as 100% genuine.  Literally, the nature of the show is that TAPS performs an investigation for an investigation's sake.

PiperPrueLover4

[16]May 26, 2007
    What's TAPS?

twins1729

[17]May 26, 2007
    • level: 13

PiperPrueLover4 wrote:
    What's TAPS?

THE ATLANTIC PARANORMAL SOCIETY. It's the organization that Jason and Grant co-founded. The organization Ghost Hunters is based around.

Seeker615

[18]Jun 15, 2007
    TAPS has a great web-site. Yo should check it out
    http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Their purpose is to go in and debunk a haunting. They love to find evidence but their goal is to prove that a place is nothaunted and have evidence to back it up.

Minarvia

[19]Jun 15, 2007
    • level: 39
    NilesCranePhD wrote:
    Literally, the nature of the show is that TAPS performs an investigation for an investigation's sake.

Like the last week episode where they went into the Hellfire Caves, there was a piece of video footage that they saw that they thought was mist coming out of nowhere. But, Jason and Grant disproved it as person breathe, snice was pretty cool down there.

Not, to get down on Most Haunted, but they did a live investagation in Eastern State Penn., and some of the investgaters were fainting. Now, I live in general area of the prision and I can tell you it pretty hot when compare to what they are used to, plus they were inside an old building with what look like to be winter colthings. This all adds up to smiply exhasting themselves not some parnormal experince. If you look at their faces they were sweating, while the American guy wasn't, because he was from the area.

Plus when one of their crew members saw what they thought to be a ghost light because he saw a flase of light, at the same time we saw lighting and that what I think he saw.

PiperPrueLover4

[20]Jun 15, 2007
    I don't know what relevance this has to what you just said, but Most Haunted did an investigation in Hellfire Caves also- it was a particularly boring episode.

Have they ever agreed that a location was perhaps haunted?