Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Had To Get This Off My Chest

  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [1]May 1, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927

    Am I alone in thinking that Kristyn Gartland (the chunky one) is the laziest, meanest, and most unprofessional woman on tv??.

    Here is my problem. The most recent Halloween episode from the Waverly Hills Sanitarium, they had trial by fire for the lucky fans that were picked by SciFi to be on the show. All Taps members were nice and proffesional to the 3 contest winners EXCEPT for Krystin.

    That nasty puppet was a total ***** to the contestant that had the misfortune of pairing with her and the other woman. Krysten was very rude to that poor man, and even made the comment that he was just there to be on tv.

    I don't know what right she had making that comment considering that the entire Waverly hills investigation, she sat on the floor and listened for EVP's because she was to lazy to walk around that building. Did anyone else notice that she was the ONLY member of the team that didn't have a personal experience?.

    Jason and Grant have gone to great lengths to be professional, and I think they should have fired her after that investigation. She embarrased the entire organization and I only wish that an actual Taps member read this board because I turn the channel when she is in an episode including last night at the sanitarium.

    Edited on 03/19/2009 9:15am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DegrassiLoverr

    DegrassiLoverr

    [2]May 2, 2008
    • member since: 11/15/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 88
    I agree with you she can be very rude and unprofessional at times. I can think of more occasions then just the last Halloween episode. But that one was probably her least unprofessional moment. A couple times come to mind when she kinda got into it with Steve and Tango too. Yeaah.. she needs to go.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MuseRiot

    MuseRiot

    [3]May 3, 2008
    • member since: 12/23/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,522
    pamhalpert wrote:

    Am I alone in thinking that Kristyn Gartland (the chunky one) is the laziest, meanest, and most unprofessional woman on tv??.

    Here is my problem. The most recent Halloween episode from the Waverly Hills Sanitarium, they had trial by fire for the lucky fans that were picked by SciFi to be on the show. All Taps members were nice and proffesional to the 3 contest winners EXCEPT for Krystin.

    That nasty puppet was a total B@%$* to the contestant that had the misfortune of pairing with her and the other woman. Krysten was very rude to that poor man, and even made the comment that he was just there to be on tv.

    I don't know what right she had making that comment considering that the entire Waverly hills investigation, she sat on the floor and listened for EVP's because she was to lazy to walk around that building. Did anyone else notice that she was the ONLY member of the team that didn't have a personal experience?.

    Jason and Grant have gone to great lengths to be professional, and I think they should have fired her after that investigation. She embarrased the entire organization and I only wish that an actual Taps member read this board because I turn the channel when she is in an episode including last night at the sanitarium.

    OMFG!! I LOVE YOU FOR SAYING THAT! I totally agree, and I have thought that for some time!!!THANK YOU!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CodeXana

    CodeXana

    [4]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 12/01/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,471
    I don't like her either! She thinks she is all that. I don't even think she enjoys ghost hunting at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [5]May 4, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    CodeXana wrote:
    I don't like her either! She thinks she is all that. I don't even think she enjoys ghost hunting at all.


    She sucks at it!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [6]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    CodeXana wrote:
    I don't like her either! She thinks she is all that. I don't even think she enjoys ghost hunting at all.


    She wouldn't be there if she didn't like ghost hunting. She has been with TAPS since before the show. Why would she be doing investigations for no pay?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [7]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    KMTaber wrote:
    CodeXana wrote:
    I don't like her either! She thinks she is all that. I don't even think she enjoys ghost hunting at all.


    She wouldn't be there if she didn't like ghost hunting. She has been with TAPS since before the show. Why would she be doing investigations for no pay?


    You have to admit that she sucks at investigating. Name one time when she personally found some credible footage?..Go ahead, I'll wait!.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MuseRiot

    MuseRiot

    [8]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 12/23/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,522
    She's very lazy, like you pointed out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MissOleson

    MissOleson

    [9]May 5, 2008
    • member since: 03/14/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 53
    I can't stand the b---h!! I couldn't stand her from the first time that I saw her. She seems very apathetic when it comes to the investigations. She just seems like a horribly miserable person to be around. She comes across like she has a gigantic chip on her shoulder all the time. She seems mean, rude and obnoxious. I seriously wish they wouldn't choose her for anymore investigations that will be shown on TV. I just plain don't like her! I am very happy to see that I am not alone on this!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BTRAV

    BTRAV

    [10]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,200
    When are the others getting back from Europe (or was she there before they left)?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [11]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    BTRAV wrote:
    When are the others getting back from Europe (or was she there before they left)?


    I don't know when the GHI crew gets back from Europe, but I hope they leave Brian over there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [12]May 6, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    CodeXana wrote:
    I don't like her either! She thinks she is all that. I don't even think she enjoys ghost hunting at all.


    She wouldn't be there if she didn't like ghost hunting. She has been with TAPS since before the show. Why would she be doing investigations for no pay?


    You have to admit that she sucks at investigating. Name one time when she personally found some credible footage?..Go ahead, I'll wait!.


    On the investigations she has done for the show, can't think of any. On the numerous investigations she has done for TAPS, no way of knowing. However, the statement I was asnwering was that she doesn't like investigating. That has nothing to do with whether she finds anything or not. I can't see why someone would do what they do for free if they don't enjoy doing it. (And I am referring to the investigations they did before the show and the ones they still do that are not for the show)

    Based on what I have seen on the show, would I want to hang out with her? No. Could she be different outside of what they edit into the show? Maybe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpootieHorse

    SpootieHorse

    [13]May 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/24/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 265
    Who knows. She's probably getting the edit to make her seem like a you know what. Tho Halloween special was live, and I think you can see everyone's true colors a bit and I'm sorry but Kristin is rude and I don't like her at all. She needs to go. I totally agree with you guys.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kataang_fails

    kataang_fails

    [14]May 14, 2008
    • member since: 05/07/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 450
    i mustve missed that one cause i dont remember but i do remember seein an episode where they scared her for fun and she was like overreacting lol....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of harrycallahan60

    harrycallahan60

    [15]Dec 13, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 4
    My wife and I have watched Ghost Hunters from its beginning...every episode. I have to say someone else who gets on my nerves is Steve. In the beginning he was alright but over time he has turned into an arrogant pompus rear end. Also he was a key factor in getting Brian off the show. Granted Brian had his problems most of them he brought on himself but Steve never missed a chance to make him look bad belittle him or run to Jay or Grant to tattle about something. I remember one episode very well when during an investigation Jay decided to let the equipment run all night and in the morning Brian and Steve were to gather it all up. Well Brian and Steve both gripped about it but when Jay caught wind of it and confronted them he ripped Brian a new one and never once looked at Steve. Even though Steve gripped just as much as Brian did. Its clear that Steve has always been Jay and Grants favorite and he has always played that to his advantage. The golden boy who can do no wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ijin-Kimu

    Ijin-Kimu

    [16]Dec 27, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    harrycallahan60 wrote:
    My wife and I have watched Ghost Hunters from its beginning...every episode. I have to say someone else who gets on my nerves is Steve. In the beginning he was alright but over time he has turned into an arrogant pompus rear end. Also he was a key factor in getting Brian off the show. Granted Brian had his problems most of them he brought on himself but Steve never missed a chance to make him look bad belittle him or run to Jay or Grant to tattle about something. I remember one episode very well when during an investigation Jay decided to let the equipment run all night and in the morning Brian and Steve were to gather it all up. Well Brian and Steve both gripped about it but when Jay caught wind of it and confronted them he ripped Brian a new one and never once looked at Steve. Even though Steve gripped just as much as Brian did. Its clear that Steve has always been Jay and Grants favorite and he has always played that to his advantage. The golden boy who can do no wrong.

    Well, I suppose they blamed Brain just due to force of habit...but was this before or after Steve became tech manager? if it wasn't, they counted on Brain to do his job with out complaining about it, if it was after...then they should of expect Brain to complain a bit... But still, I love Steve, and Brain...well in Jay's words from the Shining Hotel ep: "You've(you meannig Brain) gotten better." But yeah...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tylersmom65

    tylersmom65

    [17]Jan 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/13/03
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 354
    Obviously I don't know her but have to agree that I don't care for her in the investigations at all. She just doesn't seem to mesh with the group.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TBones22

    TBones22

    [18]Sep 30, 2009
    • member since: 08/10/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,863
    The first time I saw her was on the Waverly Hills investigation, and I thought she was lazy and snobby too. She was the only one not walking around investigating. She stayed in pretty much one place on her assigned floor. Could she be nicer in real life? Maybe. Its not my place to judge her, but I felt bad for Kris since had she to investigate with Kristyn so much.
    Edited on 09/30/2009 6:22pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.