Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Offical Discussion thread: Manson Murders

Did You Like the Episode?

hsimpson44

[1]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 26

Discuss your thoughts of the Summer Finale "Manson Murders" here: I thought the Manson house was cool. I espically liked the EVP's. Also, Brian's a dad now! Uh, oh....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hsimpson44

[2]Jul 18, 2007
    And yes I know I accidently forgot the i is "Official" but I dont know how to edit that.

andrinaaldape

[3]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    Those EVPs were the creepiest i've ever heard. It sounded like it said: "take...take...take me home" and the other one was really sad, it sounded like someone pleading to be spared their life.

Lynnie_Lyn

[4]Jul 18, 2007
    • level: 12

I liked it! I thought they caught some pretty good evidence. The spikes with that one gadget answering the "Yes/No" questions was freaky, as was the changing of the temperature in that one room. And the EVPs they caught, both of females, was creepy. I didn't know Sharon Tate's house had been torn down, so I thought the investigation was going to be at the same house the murders took place. But being in a house that had been built near by was still cool.

The investigation at Chaplain's studio didn't impress me that much, other than that one unexplained form they caught on the heat censor. But I'm not real sure about that. They were still walking forward when they picked it up, and it could have easily been a reflection off something, or just a draft or warm air suddenly rising from a heater or some kind of machinery under the floor or something. I don't know, I'm just not entirely convinced about that. But the Manson place, yeah, that was pretty cool!

SnowLiger09

[5]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 2
    Lynnie_Lyn wrote:

I liked it! I thought they caught some pretty good evidence. The spikes with that one gadget answering the "Yes/No" questions was freaky, as was the changing of the temperature in that one room. And the EVPs they caught, both of females, was creepy. I didn't know Sharon Tate's house had been torn down, so I thought the investigation was going to be at the same house the murders took place. But being in a house that had been built near by was still cool.

The investigation at Chaplain's studio didn't impress me that much, other than that one unexplained form they caught on the heat censor. But I'm not real sure about that. They were still walking forward when they picked it up, and it could have easily been a reflection off something, or just a draft or warm air suddenly rising from a heater or some kind of machinery under the floor or something. I don't know, I'm just not entirely convinced about that. But the Manson place, yeah, that was pretty cool!

When they went to debunk it (ok I thought it was a reflection to) they noticed that there was nothing to reflect off of.

I thought it was an AWESOME episode! Give me the K2 i'll have a freaking conversation with a ghost. .

SnowLiger09

[6]Jul 19, 2007
    andrinaaldape wrote:
    Those EVPs were the creepiest i've ever heard. It sounded like it said: "take...take...take me home" and the other one was really sad, it sounded like someone pleading to be spared their life.

He now that's funny. . .I thought it said that to. . .maybe it did

General_01_Lee

[7]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 9

yeah,
    i thought the evp's were creepy.
    the take.. take.. take.. one really got me wondering what was in the dark at my house...
    lol.
    grr.. i hate waiting till fall...

-coop

sapphire12

[8]Jul 19, 2007
    the EVP was so creepy i was freaking out.

SnowLiger09

[9]Jul 19, 2007
    sapphire12 wrote:
    the EVP was so creepy i was freaking out.

really? I wasn't. . .i just felt sad. . .but seriously wouldn't you like to have a conversation with a spirit?

Historygrad2005

[10]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    I did like the scene where Jay and Grant's friend chris used that k something device to communicate with the paranormal. It was unfortunate that they did not catch evps or anything. Maybe they did and didn't show us.

Minarvia

[11]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 39
    The EVPS got me a little bit, but after thinking about it, I found that they were extremely clear, a little clear for my taste, where was all of the background noise that you hear in an sububran area like that and I would like to hear what Shannon Tate's voice sounded like when she was alive then assume that the woman voice that we heard was her voice.

ElectricPop

[12]Jul 20, 2007
    I was really excited about this episode because I adore Sharon and I've always been interested in the case. The EVPs were compelling but, after reading more about the owner of the house, it turns out this was just a publicity stunt and probably faked.

The owner is also some sort of film maker. His movie is called The House On The Hill or something like that. It's basically just a Blair Witch Project style promo to be honest.

I had my doubts when I saw that Chris Fleming guy. He's on another show called Dead Famous and that's about as fake as you can get. I really can't believe the Ghost Hunter guys even got involved with this. They're usually really ethical and try to debunk all that fake stuff.

hsimpson44

[13]Jul 20, 2007
    SnowLiger09 wrote:
    andrinaaldape wrote:

He now that's funny. . .I thought it said that to. . .maybe it did

I think it did. And my guess would be the second one where the women is screaming or pleading may be her trying to tell TAPS that she needs help. Like mabye it is one of those recurring hauntings or whatever there called and she's stuck reliving her death over and over. But thats just a guess.

Minarvia

[14]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 39
    ElectricPop wrote:

I had my doubts when I saw that Chris Fleming guy. He's on another show called Dead Famous and that's about as fake as you can get. I really can't believe the Ghost Hunter guys even got involved with this. They're usually really ethical and try to debunk all that fake stuff.

Electric, you just made my point about him being there and I can image all of the crtics of the show complaining about that.

Elliotlvr08

[15]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 4
    when i was watching the episode, all i kept thinking was that that guy was so fake...i was like "he has to be an actor or something" (and a bad one at that). not hired by the GH gang, just looking to get his face on tv

Carycomic

[16]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 13

Minarvia wrote:
    ElectricPop wrote:
    Electric, you just made my point about him being there and I can image all of the crtics of the show complaining about that.

I've never heard of Chris Fleming, or this other show. So, I was suitably creeped out by the whole first half. Especially, that K-2meter!

As for that infra-red image the guys picked up in the second half? I have to wonder: was it Charlie Chaplin or Jim Henson?

mrswinchester24

[17]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 11
    i thought is was cool.