Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Say It Ain't So!!

  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [1]Dec 13, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927

    I love this show very much, but I was watching clips on youtube when I came acrossed unaired clips of the 2008 live Halloween show, which showed producers rigging a contraption on the back of Grant's coat just before the infamous ghost tugging on the back of Grant's jacket.

    I still don't wan't to believe it, but I think that Taps if faking evidence occasionally. What do you think?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Seeker615

    Seeker615

    [2]Dec 28, 2009
    • member since: 05/10/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 166
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of keep_dreaming

    keep_dreaming

    [3]Jan 5, 2010
    • member since: 12/27/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    I hope that's not true, I love this show too much!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of happyinbigbear

    happyinbigbear

    [4]Jan 11, 2010
    • member since: 01/02/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    What you all need to understand is that editing can make many things seem wrong, or out of place, or a hoax. These guys are professionals and do not need to work with parlour tricks to get ratings. Just look at the episodes and compare them to other ghost hunting shows. Theirs is not half as flashy, but that is because they are the real deal. The are true to the field of research. Remember that David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear on live TV...with editing magic! Don't believe everything you see, just because it's on UTube!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [5]Jan 24, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    happyinbigbear wrote:
    What you all need to understand is that editing can make many things seem wrong, or out of place, or a hoax. These guys are professionals and do not need to work with parlour tricks to get ratings. Just look at the episodes and compare them to other ghost hunting shows. Theirs is not half as flashy, but that is because they are the real deal. The are true to the field of research. Remember that David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear on live TV...with editing magic! Don't believe everything you see, just because it's on UTube!


    You can't compare Taps with David Copperfield. Copperfield is an "Illusionist". Obviously he never claims that the statue of liberty actually "Vanished". Taps does however claim that Grant's jacket was tugged.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [6]Jan 24, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...


    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out.

    Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lady_god

    lady_god

    [7]Jan 27, 2010
    • member since: 11/17/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 597
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out. Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    what ios with people believeing everything they see/hear online? soudns to me liek its abit far fetched and somthing probably happened between them that made her say things against thjem to ruin them
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [8]Jan 27, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out. Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    what ios with people believeing everything they see/hear online? soudns to me liek its abit far fetched and somthing probably happened between them that made her say things against thjem to ruin them


    You might be right, actually I hope you're right. If it was some loser living in his parents basement posting the news, then I would be skeptical, but when it came from Donna's mouth, it's a little more credible.
    Also you said that "she may be saying this because something happened between them". Did you ever think that her getting screwed over is what happened to them??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lady_god

    lady_god

    [9]Jan 28, 2010
    • member since: 11/17/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 597
    pamhalpert wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out. Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    what is with people believing everything they see/hear online? sounds to me like its a bit far fetched and something probably happened between them that made her say things against them to ruin them
    You might be right, actually I hope you're right. If it was some loser living in his parents basement posting the news, then I would be skeptical, but when it came from Donna's mouth, it's a little more credible. Also you said that "she may be saying this because something happened between them". Did you ever think that her getting screwed over is what happened to them??
    well there are a number of things that could've happened. maybe they felt she wasnt doing her job good enough and let her go. maybe they found someone better and replaced her. maybe she was doing something they didnt agree with and quit due to difference in opinions. i remember there was an episode when they were reviewing evidence and she started joking around then steve had to tell her that while shes joking around she could be losing precious evidence so she made a face and continued to go over the evidence. so yea that's just my theory anyways. i mean honestly i don't see how any of those things could even be remotely true. even if it was why is she the only one to speak out against them? she could've sued them or something!well just a theoryu anyways
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [10]Jan 28, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out. Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    what is with people believing everything they see/hear online? sounds to me like its a bit far fetched and something probably happened between them that made her say things against them to ruin them
    You might be right, actually I hope you're right. If it was some loser living in his parents basement posting the news, then I would be skeptical, but when it came from Donna's mouth, it's a little more credible. Also you said that "she may be saying this because something happened between them". Did you ever think that her getting screwed over is what happened to them??
    well there are a number of things that could've happened. maybe they felt she wasnt doing her job good enough and let her go. maybe they found someone better and replaced her. maybe she was doing something they didnt agree with and quit due to difference in opinions. i remember there was an episode when they were reviewing evidence and she started joking around then steve had to tell her that while shes joking around she could be losing precious evidence so she made a face and continued to go over the evidence. so yea that's just my theory anyways. i mean honestly i don't see how any of those things could even be remotely true. even if it was why is she the only one to speak out against them? she could've sued them or something!well just a theoryu anyways


    Did you listen to the clip?? They didn't fire her. They moved her to GHI and screwed with her contract to where she almost had to file bankruptcy, and when she went to Jay and Grant "The Producers", they turned their back and refused to help her so she had to quit before she went bankrupt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lady_god

    lady_god

    [11]Jan 29, 2010
    • member since: 11/17/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 597
    pamhalpert wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...
    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out. Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE
    what is with people believing everything they see/hear online? sounds to me like its a bit far fetched and something probably happened between them that made her say things against them to ruin them
    You might be right, actually I hope you're right. If it was some loser living in his parents basement posting the news, then I would be skeptical, but when it came from Donna's mouth, it's a little more credible. Also you said that "she may be saying this because something happened between them". Did you ever think that her getting screwed over is what happened to them??
    well there are a number of things that could've happened. maybe they felt she wasnt doing her job good enough and let her go. maybe they found someone better and replaced her. maybe she was doing something they didnt agree with and quit due to difference in opinions. i remember there was an episode when they were reviewing evidence and she started joking around then steve had to tell her that while shes joking around she could be losing precious evidence so she made a face and continued to go over the evidence. so yea that's just my theory anyways. i mean honestly i don't see how any of those things could even be remotely true. even if it was why is she the only one to speak out against them? she could've sued them or something!well just a theoryu anyways
    Did you listen to the clip?? They didn't fire her. They moved her to GHI and screwed with her contract to where she almost had to file bankruptcy, and when she went to Jay and Grant "The Producers", they turned their back and refused to help her so she had to quit before she went bankrupt.
    well i guess we can rule out the getting fired option unless shes lieing. i dunno it just doesnt add up what she says but i guess all we can do is speculate. plus the way she said it it sounded as if she was just coming up with things at the last minute. there was alot of stammering involve. to be honest i think that something happened that she didnt agree wtih and she quit. i mean she said that she brain and andy all got the some contract and all almost went bankrupt but shes the only one who has said it thus far and isnt it a little bit too ironic that the other 2 people she mentioned are the same people who were giving taps problems inb oth shows? in ghost hunters brian was insufficient with the equipment and during investigations he was always the first oen to call anything hje saw a ghost. andy was always butting heads when it came to leadership roles and he would call anything haunted if he saw like orbs or if a door closed a pen dropped and he couldnt find an explanation for it. i mean dustin was also one of the former original ghost hunters and he doesnt seem to have any problem. same goes for the asian guy. i dont know i just think shes mixing in lies with truth or simply trying to ruin them because shes bitter about something that she isnt telling us. thats just my opinion anyways
    Edited on 01/29/2010 9:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of last_account

    last_account

    [12]Feb 1, 2010
    • member since: 01/01/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 22
    hey this is lady god using another account. i made in december. well my lady god accoutn got suspended after someone reported my sig for being too big so yea im leaving tv.com because the rules are way too strict. im just letting you knwo so that if you rpely and i never answer you back its because im banned lol. so yea
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [13]Mar 12, 2010
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...


    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out.

    Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE


    Jason and Grant never claimed they made no money from the show. They said they don't charge for the investigations. Jason and Grant are producers of Ghost Hunters, which means they make money on the show and most likely any merchandising from the show. What the interview sounds like is sour grapes from someone who was not able to stay with the show. She was not a good investigator. Brian quit during either season one or two and continually screwed up when he was there. He also was not a good investigator since any breeze was a ghost to him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [14]Mar 12, 2010
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:

    I love this show very much, but I was watching clips on youtube when I came acrossed unaired clips of the 2008 live Halloween show, which showed producers rigging a contraption on the back of Grant's coat just before the infamous ghost tugging on the back of Grant's jacket.

    I still don't wan't to believe it, but I think that Taps if faking evidence occasionally. What do you think?



    I would be interested to see that clip since there are many reasons why a crewperson would have been doing something with Grant's back and jacket, other than rigging the jacket for a hoax. Jason and Grant, and I believe the rest of the people doing the live show were wearing ear pieces, and all were definately wearing mics. These are generally wired up the person's back and for the ear piece to the person's ear, and for the mic, over the shoulder and to the front. So, if Grant was having problems with his equipment, sound person would have been working on Grant's back. If you think about it, it would be stupid to have the camera's rolling and pointing at a crewperson rigging Grant's jacket. With how things get released whether a person wants it to or not, that would be the biggest boneheaded move. But if it was a case of equipment problems, no one would have cared if the camera's were shooting the person fixing the problem.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [15]Mar 15, 2010
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    KMTaber wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...


    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out.

    Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE


    Jason and Grant never claimed they made no money from the show. They said they don't charge for the investigations. Jason and Grant are producers of Ghost Hunters, which means they make money on the show and most likely any merchandising from the show. What the interview sounds like is sour grapes from someone who was not able to stay with the show. She was not a good investigator. Brian quit during either season one or two and continually screwed up when he was there. He also was not a good investigator since any breeze was a ghost to him.


    Actually, Jason & Grant HAVE said during a special Q&A episode of GH that they don't make alot of money. It was an episode where viewers submit questions and someone will ask the GH Team. Grant said that people think that they are rich tv stars now, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [16]Mar 17, 2010
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    Yikes - That was on U tube? Do you have the link. That worries me if that was true...


    I can't find it right off hand, but there is a clip of an interview with Donna Lacroix. She was an original member of the show, the girl that Jay and Grant said is like a "baby sister" to them, and that they will always protect. She tells a story of how they faked evidence, and Jay and Grant lie when they say they make no money from the show. She said they are set financially for the rest of their lives, and Donna and Brian got screwed so bad financially that they almost had to file bankruptcy, and Jay and Grant refused to help her. It's worth checking out.

    Go to youtube, and type in TAPS LIES: DONNA LACROIX CONFESSES-GHOST DIVAS EXCLUSIVE


    Jason and Grant never claimed they made no money from the show. They said they don't charge for the investigations. Jason and Grant are producers of Ghost Hunters, which means they make money on the show and most likely any merchandising from the show. What the interview sounds like is sour grapes from someone who was not able to stay with the show. She was not a good investigator. Brian quit during either season one or two and continually screwed up when he was there. He also was not a good investigator since any breeze was a ghost to him.


    Actually, Jason & Grant HAVE said during a special Q&A episode of GH that they don't make alot of money. It was an episode where viewers submit questions and someone will ask the GH Team. Grant said that people think that they are rich tv stars now, but that couldn't be further from the truth.


    Comfortable and rich tv stars are two different things. When the show is over, if they do not have a good back up or good investments, they would hit bankruptcy like many other reality type personalities. Hence the purchase of the inn. Again, I think Donna has some sour grapes. That is not to say Jason and Grant underplayed the money they have made some, but I would not say the money they make from the show alone would set them for life.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Carycomic

    Carycomic

    [17]Mar 18, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 604
    Copperfield didn't use editing magic, either. He had a live audience with him, on Liberty Island, at the time of that illusion. Seated right behind him on football bleachers!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Carycomic

    Carycomic

    [18]Mar 18, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 604

    I found Brian to be a pretty competent investigator during his tenure with GHI. Lack of confidence on the part of others (covert or otherwise) can cause _anyone_ to feel and act incompetent.



    And, in that regard, I have to say Jason and Grant's reticence on Brian's second--and apparently permanent--departure from the show _is_ suspicious. Too much so, to be blindly accepted by _all_ their fans.

    Edited on 03/18/2010 1:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [19]Mar 19, 2010
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    Carycomic wrote:

    I found Brian to be a pretty competent investigator during his tenure with GHI. Lack of confidence on the part of others (covert or otherwise) can cause _anyone_ to feel and act incompetent.



    And, in that regard, I have to say Jason and Grant's reticence on Brian's second--and apparently permanent--departure from the show _is_ suspicious. Too much so, to be blindly accepted by _all_ their fans.



    Since GHI has nothing to do with Jason and Grant, there is nothing for them to say about Brian's departure from the show. There is a reason the guys on GHI wear GHI gear and not TAPS gear. The spin off was done without Jason or Grant being even producers on the show. They had Jason and Grant on the first show to kick it off, but that was the last of their involvement. Could they have heard the whole story? I am sure they have, but that doesn't mean they have the right or the ability do to contracts with SyFy and the production company to say anything. Similar to if there are people who are let go or leave your company, you are not suppose to talk to the media about it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Carycomic

    Carycomic

    [20]Mar 21, 2010
    • member since: 06/15/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 604

    KMTaber wrote:


    Since GHI has nothing to do with Jason and Grant, there is nothing for them to say about Brian's departure from the show. There is a reason the guys on GHI wear GHI gear and not TAPS gear. The spin off was done without Jason or Grant being even producers on the show. They had Jason and Grant on the first show to kick it off, but that was the last of their involvement. Could they have heard the whole story? I am sure they have, but that doesn't mean they have the right or the ability do to contracts with SyFy and the production company to say anything. Similar to if there are people who are let go or leave your company, you are not suppose to talk to the media about it.[/QUOTE]


    I'm sure the NASA contractors who manufactured faulty O-rings told their employees the same thing after the Challenger Disaster. Thank God some of them didn't listen!


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.