Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Say It Ain't So!!

KMTaber

[21]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    Carycomic wrote:

KMTaber wrote:

Since GHI has nothing to do with Jason and Grant, there is nothing for them to say about Brian's departure from the show. There is a reason the guys on GHI wear GHI gear and not TAPS gear. The spin off was done without Jason or Grant being even producers on the show. They had Jason and Grant on the first show to kick it off, but that was the last of their involvement. Could they have heard the whole story? I am sure they have, but that doesn't mean they have the right or the ability do to contracts with SyFy and the production company to say anything. Similar to if there are people who are let go or leave your company, you are not suppose to talk to the media about it.

I'm sure the NASA contractors who manufactured faulty O-rings told their employees the same thing after the Challenger Disaster. Thank God some of them didn't listen!

[/QUOTE]

You are actually equating an incident that cost people their lives to potential gossiping about why someone is or is not on a tv show? Yeah, those are the same things. I don't think gossiping is covered under the whistle blower laws.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KMTaber

[22]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 11
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Did you listen to the clip?? They didn't fire her. They moved her to GHI and screwed with her contract to where she almost had to file bankruptcy, and when she went to Jay and Grant "The Producers", they turned their back and refused to help her so she had to quit before she went bankrupt.

Jason and Grant are not listed as producers on GHI. The only thing they could have done is gone to the studio on her behalf as a friend, but would not have had any power to do anything about it.

Carycomic

[23]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 13

KMTaber wrote:
    You are actually equating an incident that cost people their lives to potential gossiping about why someone is or is not on a tv show? Yeah, those are the same things. I don't think gossiping is covered under the whistle blower laws.

Then, I guess this is one of those cases where we must agree to permanently disagree.Because, while I concede the analogy is an extreme one, I will _never_ concede that it is_totally_ dissimilar.

Edited on 03/30/2010 6:40pm

SpootieHorse

[24]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 9

Ugh that sucks. I can't remember the clip title exactly but on youtube I watched how GH fakes their evidence but in a way I don't believe that. I really hope it's all wrong :/ Kind of makes me uneasy but eh at least they're not as fake as other Ghost shows even if they are being fake.

chalidon1881

[26]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 5

With Brian he was really unreliable to TAPS, so I can see why they let him goafter trying to give him so many chances. As for faking evidence, I'm not so sure it happens every episode. Perhaps the jacket pulling was an exception considering it was live and they needed to give the crowd something, thinking back it did always appear off about how Grant was walking.

I actually prefer the way they worked while Brian was in charge of the tech, they caught more evidence. Steve and them decided somewhere down the line that they would just set up cameras in "hotspots" instead of carrying their own camera in the group; and instead theywalk around with a camera guy who constantly has a camera on them. They really need to go back to holding cameras, I wanna see what they are seeing, the camera guy does not care about that. Their best evidence is in season 1 and 2. I haven't seen much since then, and I think it is because they aren't filming what they are seeing.

Gatorsrule6

[27]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 20

I listened to the Donna audio. They asked her if things were staged...not faked. There is a difference. She said they were kind of taught to act more...to be more scared than they might've been, but that doesn't mean the EVIDENCE is fake, just maybe their reaction is. Also, in terms of staging, they can be told where to stand or walk sometimes maybe but that doesn't mean the EVIDENCE was faked, just maybe partly how they go about investigating some parts.

I don't know if she's lying about the contract but she seems to be lying about the staging stuff. They kept asking her for specifics and she was trying to come up with something and then said she doesn't know if she can legally say anything. That seems like a cop out. Legally, she'd be covered if she was telling the truth. Because you know they have the tapes from the beginning of the show filed, the courts could easily get permission to go through them all and do their own investigation and tell pretty easily whether things were faked or not. I think she's bitter about the contract and tried to add onto it.

Also, she said Jay and Grant seem to make more than they let on. She even said how they're producers and get money from the merchandising. My thing is, who cares? I thought it was rude to ask people how much money they made anyway? Maybe they're just being modest, and even if not, so what, it's their life, their money.

Gatorsrule6

[28]Dec 7, 2011
    • level: 20

The thing with Grant's jacket. I don't know how it can be faked...you see a heat mark in the thermal video whenever they replay it.

OdumC

[29]Feb 15, 2012
    • level: 8
    It could have been something as simple as a sound guy adjusting his mic cords or changing a battery or something.

a disgruntled employee made claims to try and ruin them? all because they wouldn't use their money to bail her out of financial trouble?

that doesn't sound fishy at all.