Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Taps Getting Sort Of Shady

  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [24]Oct 27, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554

    armpitmyhair wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    That's bull. Do you really think that if a GH saw a ghost moving around and getting ready to come at him, that he wouldn't want to get a camera up there ASAP to get it on film? And how could Grant get hurt? In episode after episode they've said that ghosts can't hurt you. Pretty lame excuses you're throwing out there. And who really cares about the K2? Well, Jay and Grant obviously. They act like it's what determines if a place is haunted or not. I've got no problem with them having fun, but you can tell it's forced. I can just pictures a producer off screen going "Hey you two! Goof around some more! The people really love that!" And you know, they stress the importance of being professional, yet it's ok for them to goof off? It's pretty obvious that the goofing is something that's planned out ahead of time. Face it, TAPS is more concerned with making a TV show and making money than they are with ghost hunting.
    ok first of all ghosts CAN hurt u and they have hurt people before. the average ghosts doesnt hurt anyone. second of all u can be professional and goof off at times EVERYBODY DOES IT and 3rd of all taps is a FREE SERVICE the only thing they charge money for is their PLUMBING BUSINESS. if ur gonna bash taps come up with some convincing criticisms

    armpitmyhair wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they had a DVR, but I'm 100% certain they had a thermal cam. It's hard to say if they'd pick anything up with it, but if I were a ghost hunter, you can bet your ass I'd want ANY kind of camera when you can actually see a ghost. Not just stand there shouting "AHHH! IT'S COMING AT ME! WOAHHHH!"
    they are HUMAN even though they do it as a professional thing, that doesnt mean that they are fearless when it comes to ghosts. they are allowed to get scared if they think a ghost is violent enough to come up to them and attack them. now if it was u i am almost 100% CERTAIN that u wouldve took off. just imagine it, ur on a ladder, ur head is on inside of a dark attic and u hear footsteps RUNNING to u but no ones there. are u honestly gonna look for a camera and not run away?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [25]Oct 27, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:

    Here is a section of the synopsis of the episode from haunted san diego blog site.

    "Grant climbed up a ladder coming down from a small hole in the ceiling. He looked up and saw the rafters and top part of the former church, including some stained glass windows. Grant looked around the attic with the thermal camera and didn't find anything. As he started back down the ladder he heard more footsteps. "When you go into places like an attic or places where people don't normally go, that may be where the entity is hiding out and you'll "scare something down" into the main building and get some more activity."

    "It's creepy as hell," Grant said of the attic. Then he said he saw something blocking the light in front of the stained glass window. Then he saw something moving toward him. "What the hell is that?" Jason said, hearing noises from above. "I don't know," Grant said. Then his voice changed. "Shoot, it's coming fast," he said, and dropped down the ladder as quickly as he could. He told Jason he heard an older man's voice whispering. "It seems like we agitated something in there," he said."

    So, they had a thermal, which Grant used up there. After he stopped using it, the sounds started and he saw the shadow moving.



    And your point is? What a worthless post. That still doesn't explain why he didn't stick the camera up there AFTER he started seeing the ghost.

    And to the guy that posted that long ass thing.

    1) Yeah, I'm sure they conveniently cut out the shots of them trying to get evidence. I mean, it's not like that's why they're there, right?!

    2) Again, see #1. How can you say they don't have something on all the time? THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THERE! They have tools that assist in capturing evidence of the supernatural and you're saying that there are times when they're walking around without any on? Give me a break.

    3) Even if he did hand the camera away, the second he saw something, don't you think somebody trying to capture evidence of a ghost would say "GIVE ME THE CAMERA!"? 4) It wasn't that fast. If you watch the episode, he's standing there for quite some time, talking about what he's seeing and how the thing is blocking out the window before the thing starts moving at him. He had plenty of time to ask for the camera.

    5) I don't get your point. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

    6) How could you possibly know that? You don't know if they get paid to do the show or not. Do you really think they aren't making pretty good money off the show or off the merchandise? If you think they're doing the show for free or little money, you're fooling yourself.

    ljin-whatever:

    Did you even watch the episode? Jay and Grant have the thermal the whole time. What this all boils down to is a bunch of desperate fans who can't admit to themselves that the show has lost what made it good and now it's a bunch of staged garbage, so you come here and give some of the lamest excuses in order to give them credibility.


    Are you someone who got bored bashing people on the sci-fi Ghost Hunter's forum? My point was that it wasn't until after he brought down the camera, the stuff started to happen. Then they sent Tango and the camera crew up there and got the evp. Could he have asked for the camera? Probably, but he would have had to come down out of the opening, get the camera, and go back up.

    Jay and Grant don't have the thermal with them the whole time. They have it earlier in the investigation and then do things without it.

    I will go back to my question, I have asked on the sci-fi forum and here. Do you really think that if they are putting out a huge scam and making lots of money on it, that no one who has been associated with the show in the past would have come out by now? And don't tell me they sign a confidentiality agreement, because those are not worth much now adays. Man vs. Wild got outted as being not on the up and up about how alone Bear was. I would think that someone would have come out by now about GH after the show has been a success for a few years. There is a love of outting fakes through anonymity of the internet. Other than people on the net saying the things they show could be faked, I have seen nothing from a former cameraman, sound guy, or any of the other number of people who set up the shooting at the locations.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [26]Oct 27, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [27]Oct 28, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)


    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [28]Oct 28, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [29]Oct 28, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless


    That is true. Both Jay and Grant have gotten pretty startled a few times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ijin-Kimu

    Ijin-Kimu

    [30]Oct 28, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    And your point is? What a worthless post. That still doesn't explain why he didn't stick the camera up there AFTER he started seeing the ghost. And to the guy that posted that long ass thing. 1) Yeah, I'm sure they conveniently cut out the shots of them trying to get evidence. I mean, it's not like that's why they're there, right?! 2) Again, see #1. How can you say they don't have something on all the time? THAT'S WHY THEY'RE THERE! They have tools that assist in capturing evidence of the supernatural and you're saying that there are times when they're walking around without any on? Give me a break. 3) Even if he did hand the camera away, the second he saw something, don't you think somebody trying to capture evidence of a ghost would say "GIVE ME THE CAMERA!"? 4) It wasn't that fast. If you watch the episode, he's standing there for quite some time, talking about what he's seeing and how the thing is blocking out the window before the thing starts moving at him. He had plenty of time to ask for the camera. 5) I don't get your point. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. 6) How could you possibly know that? You don't know if they get paid to do the show or not. Do you really think they aren't making pretty good money off the show or off the merchandise? If you think they're doing the show for free or little money, you're fooling yourself. ljin-whatever: Did you even watch the episode? Jay and Grant have the thermal the whole time. What this all boils down to is a bunch of desperate fans who can't admit to themselves that the show has lost what made it good and now it's a bunch of staged garbage, so you come here and give some of the lamest excuses in order to give them credibility.
    WOW! I said PAST EPISODES. Not in the episode you are talking about. And second, don't be so rude.
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    As KMTaber said, it was Brain...and personally I found it funny to see it happen, because the are professionals and to see him run like that. And I'm such a dork, I acutally bought the hat o_O. And, Brain was startled by it, so just as Grant did to get himself out of the attic. Yeah anyways, you said that he dosen't expect them to be fearless, and both Jay and Grant have said that numerous times, if you can't handel it, get the hell out. So really...I'm not getting what you are saying with that, because we know that they aren't fearless, most people DO get startled, and that is a normal reaction...and sorry if I kinda went off-topic. I am kinda not good with arugements over the computer -_-
    Edited on 10/29/2008 4:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [31]Oct 29, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554

    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless
    That is true. Both Jay and Grant have gotten pretty startled a few times.
    yeah

    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    As KMTaber said, it was Brain...and personally I found it funny to see it happen, because the are professionals and to see him run like that. And I'm such a dork, I acutally bought the hat o_O. And, Brain was startled by it, so just as Grant did to get himself out of the attic. Yeah anyways, you said that he dosen't expect them to be fearless, and both Jay and Grant have said that numerous times, if you can't handel it, get the hell out. So really...I'm not getting what you are saying with that, because we know that they aren't fearless, most people DO get startled, and that is a normal reaction...and sorry if I kinda went off-topic. I am kinda not good with arugements over the computer -_-
    lol temporary cars didnt say that i did and no offense but yeah i can tell u dont argue well over the comp and what i was trying to say is that just because they are professionals doesnt mean they wont ever get scared. i wasnt tryin to say they shouldnt get scared since they are professionals.. ( in case u didnt understanbd me)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ijin-Kimu

    Ijin-Kimu

    [32]Oct 29, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    armpitmyhair wrote:

    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless
    That is true. Both Jay and Grant have gotten pretty startled a few times.
    yeah

    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    As KMTaber said, it was Brain...and personally I found it funny to see it happen, because the are professionals and to see him run like that. And I'm such a dork, I acutally bought the hat o_O. And, Brain was startled by it, so just as Grant did to get himself out of the attic. Yeah anyways, you said that he dosen't expect them to be fearless, and both Jay and Grant have said that numerous times, if you can't handel it, get the hell out. So really...I'm not getting what you are saying with that, because we know that they aren't fearless, most people DO get startled, and that is a normal reaction...and sorry if I kinda went off-topic. I am kinda not good with arugements over the computer -_-
    lol temporary cars didnt say that i did and no offense but yeah i can tell u dont argue well over the comp and what i was trying to say is that just because they are professionals doesnt mean they wont ever get scared. i wasnt tryin to say they shouldnt get scared since they are professionals.. ( in case u didnt understanbd me)


    Yeah. o_O Being 13 does have it's disadvantages -_-' But, yeah. Everyone gets scared of something atleast once, or atleast act on a surpirsed moment, or whatever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [33]Oct 30, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:

    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless
    That is true. Both Jay and Grant have gotten pretty startled a few times.
    yeah

    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    As KMTaber said, it was Brain...and personally I found it funny to see it happen, because the are professionals and to see him run like that. And I'm such a dork, I acutally bought the hat o_O. And, Brain was startled by it, so just as Grant did to get himself out of the attic. Yeah anyways, you said that he dosen't expect them to be fearless, and both Jay and Grant have said that numerous times, if you can't handel it, get the hell out. So really...I'm not getting what you are saying with that, because we know that they aren't fearless, most people DO get startled, and that is a normal reaction...and sorry if I kinda went off-topic. I am kinda not good with arugements over the computer -_-
    lol temporary cars didnt say that i did and no offense but yeah i can tell u dont argue well over the comp and what i was trying to say is that just because they are professionals doesnt mean they wont ever get scared. i wasnt tryin to say they shouldnt get scared since they are professionals.. ( in case u didnt understanbd me)

    Yeah. o_O Being 13 does have it's disadvantages -_-' But, yeah. Everyone gets scared of something atleast once, or atleast act on a surpirsed moment, or whatever.
    well it seems temporary cars stopped coming here so i guess we dont have to prove aything anymore lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ijin-Kimu

    Ijin-Kimu

    [34]Oct 31, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:

    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    That was Brian who ran, and Grant lit into him for running like an idiot.
    yea im just sayin they get scared sometimes even though they are professionals. he cant expect them to be fearless
    That is true. Both Jay and Grant have gotten pretty startled a few times.
    yeah

    Ijin-Kimu wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    and its not like this is the first time they have been scared by a ghost. im pretty sure u remember episode where they have RAN from ghosts (or what that thought were ghosts lol)
    As KMTaber said, it was Brain...and personally I found it funny to see it happen, because the are professionals and to see him run like that. And I'm such a dork, I acutally bought the hat o_O. And, Brain was startled by it, so just as Grant did to get himself out of the attic. Yeah anyways, you said that he dosen't expect them to be fearless, and both Jay and Grant have said that numerous times, if you can't handel it, get the hell out. So really...I'm not getting what you are saying with that, because we know that they aren't fearless, most people DO get startled, and that is a normal reaction...and sorry if I kinda went off-topic. I am kinda not good with arugements over the computer -_-
    lol temporary cars didnt say that i did and no offense but yeah i can tell u dont argue well over the comp and what i was trying to say is that just because they are professionals doesnt mean they wont ever get scared. i wasnt tryin to say they shouldnt get scared since they are professionals.. ( in case u didnt understanbd me)

    Yeah. o_O Being 13 does have it's disadvantages -_-' But, yeah. Everyone gets scared of something atleast once, or atleast act on a surpirsed moment, or whatever.
    well it seems temporary cars stopped coming here so i guess we dont have to prove aything anymore lol

    Nope! GHI Live is coming out in 1 and half an hour! =D I didn't go out this year cause I spent the whole time just waiting for it watching the GH marathon and on Sci-fi fourms...which confuse the hell out of me...they watch to make fun on it...yeahhh, not getting that part XP
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Temporaryscars

    Temporaryscars

    [35]Oct 31, 2008
    • member since: 08/17/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 70
    Apparently I'm not allowed to disagree here. So with that, I say TAPS is totally legit and not faking anything at all.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [36]Nov 1, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    BTRAV wrote:
    I've wondered why they haven't had it with them when it turns out they needed it the most (I was just excited to see Barry in that episode). As for the attic, since they only stuck their heads up there before sending Dave up by himself, maybe they didn't have room to bring it up with them. Most of the time the camera guys have their cameras trained on the investigators, not what they are seeing (except for that door you could clearly see closing behind Kris Williams that one time). As for why they don't have the thermal in use all the time, I don't know. Were they charging the batteries on them at that time? I don't know. Best way to find out is to ask them themselves.


    I asked Steve a question 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting on a reply.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [37]Nov 1, 2008
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    BTRAV wrote:
    I too wondered why no one seemed to notice the truck. And Paranormal State guys do have fun from time to time...even at a team member's expense (usually Serge). And Jay says that they goof around all the time on their own but most of it doesn't show up in the episodes at the expense of important case footage. I don't think it's deliberately faked either. I mean, when clients do it, Jay and Grant get pissed. If Sci-Fi was up to something, they'd still have their day jobs.


    Thank you for contributing, but do you really believe that Jay and Grant still have day jobs as plumbers??. I think they get a nice financial kickback from Roto-Rooter for the advertising. I doubt they have time for plumbing jobs anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [38]Nov 2, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    pamhalpert wrote:
    BTRAV wrote:
    I've wondered why they haven't had it with them when it turns out they needed it the most (I was just excited to see Barry in that episode). As for the attic, since they only stuck their heads up there before sending Dave up by himself, maybe they didn't have room to bring it up with them. Most of the time the camera guys have their cameras trained on the investigators, not what they are seeing (except for that door you could clearly see closing behind Kris Williams that one time). As for why they don't have the thermal in use all the time, I don't know. Were they charging the batteries on them at that time? I don't know. Best way to find out is to ask them themselves.
    I asked Steve a question 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting on a reply.
    u probablty wont be gettin a reply if it was 2 years ago
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [39]Nov 2, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554

    Temporaryscars wrote:
    Apparently I'm not allowed to disagree here. So with that, I say TAPS is totally legit and not faking anything at all.
    ur allowed to disagree just not in a rude way. like how u said injun whatever.

    anyways to injun

    i wanted to watch the marathon and see episodes i have and havent seen but it was my bros birthday so i had to celebrate with his 5th grade class and go to some restuarant where i had to eat what HE wanted >_< lol but i saw the live special i admit it was hard for me to stay tuned cause i didnt have the patience but i did watch the last 3 hours. i didnt like that wrestler he was WAY too impatient, asked dumb questions and was bein obnoxious over the fact that he was the case manager and advertising his live show

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [40]Nov 3, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:
    BTRAV wrote:
    I too wondered why no one seemed to notice the truck. And Paranormal State guys do have fun from time to time...even at a team member's expense (usually Serge). And Jay says that they goof around all the time on their own but most of it doesn't show up in the episodes at the expense of important case footage. I don't think it's deliberately faked either. I mean, when clients do it, Jay and Grant get pissed. If Sci-Fi was up to something, they'd still have their day jobs.


    Thank you for contributing, but do you really believe that Jay and Grant still have day jobs as plumbers??. I think they get a nice financial kickback from Roto-Rooter for the advertising. I doubt they have time for plumbing jobs anymore.


    There was an interview on CNN.com Friday that said that they still do plumbing, but not residential because people were purposely breaking things to get them to come out. They know the show won't last forever, so giving up their jobs would not make sense. It isn't like they are making network star level money on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.