Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Taps Getting Sort Of Shady

KMTaber

[41]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 11
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    Apparently I'm not allowed to disagree here. So with that, I say TAPS is totally legit and not faking anything at all.

You can disagree, but you shouldn't do so by calling people's posts worthless or long a$$. People disagree on this forum, but we discuss facts and don't insult the other people. I know Pamhalpert and I have had some discussions where we were on opposite sides, but we never resorted to insulting each other.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Temporaryscars

[42]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    You're right, I apologize.

KMTaber

[43]Nov 4, 2008
    Temporaryscars wrote:

Apology accepted. It is easy to write the first thing that you think of, and since tone of voice is not there, it is easy for others to misinterpret. I enjoy a good debate, so I hope that we will be able to have one that is lively.

armpitmyhair

[44]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 8
    KMTaber wrote:
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    Apology accepted. It is easy to write the first thing that you think of, and since tone of voice is not there, it is easy for others to misinterpret. I enjoy a good debate, so I hope that we will be able to have one that is lively.
    hopefully hes not just apologizing because he means it and not just to stay out of trouble

Temporaryscars

[45]Nov 4, 2008
    The day I care about "staying out of trouble" on a forum is the day McCain wins an election. Plus, any trouble I was going to get into I've already gotten into. The apology was my idea.

armpitmyhair

[46]Nov 5, 2008
    Temporaryscars wrote:
    The day I care about "staying out of trouble" on a forum is the day McCain wins an election. Plus, any trouble I was going to get into I've already gotten into. The apology was my idea.
    well ok then lol. did u see the live investigation? i cant wait to see the results tonite

grailwolf

[47]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 55
    pamhalpert wrote:
    I asked Steve a question 2 years ago, and I'm still waiting on a reply.

Be specific. What question did you ask and how did you ask it? I've asked questions of them before with mixed results. Grant replied within a couple weeks to a message on the TAPS forums. Kris replied to an email within a couple days. Jay never replied to a forum message, and no one replied to another forum message that was addressed to everyone.

The point is that sometimes they get the message right away and reply (I think the email to Kris was during a break in filming) and other times they come home from being on the road for days (or weeks) and they don't manage to reply to every single message that's been left while they were away. And still other times they probably just don't see a message. It happens to me all the time.

If you left a message two years ago, then it's obvious that Steve missed it. Try sending it again, or sending a query to find out whether he got the first message.

BTRAV

[48]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 27

I thought the panic button thing was kinda stupid, and I did not see any of the things people texted in appear during the evidence review. Grant's hood getting tugged three times in a row was really wild. And you're right, the Miz was really annoying. As for the Great American Ghost Hunt, it's cool that they're going to all three places but picked the private island to go to first. I wonder why Steve and Tango got the night off in that other case. It was sorta weird without them doing the sweep of the house. I don't blame Kris for being afraid of the bees though.

Oh right, this is the Shady thread (I got carried away after thinking about the results). I'll get back on topic. The slamming door and flying hanger could be staged off-screen, but why would they? Healthy skepticism, but I'll let it go.

Edited on 11/06/2008 5:35am
    Edited 3 total times.

KMTaber

[49]Nov 6, 2008
    BTRAV wrote:

I thought the panic button thing was kinda stupid, and I did not see any of the things people texted in appear during the evidence review. Grant's hood getting tugged three times in a row was really wild. And you're right, the Miz was really annoying. As for the Great American Ghost Hunt, it's cool that they're going to all three places but picked the private island to go to first. I wonder why Steve and Tango got the night off in that other case. It was sorta weird without them doing the sweep of the house. I don't blame Kris for being afraid of the bees though.

Oh right, this is the Shady thread (I got carried away after thinking about the results). I'll get back on topic. The slamming door and flying hanger could be staged off-screen, but why would they? Healthy skepticism, but I'll let it go.

I have a feeling Steve and Tango were reviewing the results of the live show while the rest of the team were investigating the winner's place. Either that, or they worked hard to get the reviewing done and were given time off. Either way, it probably has to do with reviewing the live show material. They only had 4 days to review and get the show ready, not including time to do another investigation.

The panic button is always going off for things people think they see on the live show. Last year, people were seeing mysterious faces in mist and things like that.

Count_Dracula08

[50]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 6

There are some things where us the audience can see (like one episode I saw them in the basement of a building and a door was closing by itself.) I forget the name of the episode though.

If some things are shown off-screen, and they see shadows or what looks to be an apparition, it could be because they don't want people getting too freaked out and certain people having nightmares, also, little kids could be watching the show too, so its good that they don't want certain personnel getting scared out of their minds. (Even though the ghosts are at the buildings or another resident's house and not the viewer's house.)

I don't mind it too much though, I just want to see them go to places and enjoy watching the episodes, because they're fun to watch!

DJScott77

[51]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    Yeah, i think its starting to get really shady in that its always Jason and Grant that have all of the "paranormal" stuff happen to them. I can't remember the last time one of the other team members had something happen to them.

armpitmyhair

[52]Nov 7, 2008
    DJScott77 wrote:
    Yeah, i think its starting to get really shady in that its always Jason and Grant that have all of the "paranormal" stuff happen to them. I can't remember the last time one of the other team members had something happen to them.
    u know i REALLY REALLY hate 2 say this but im gonna have to agree with u and BTRAV. especially after seein this episode i cant help but think they faked it. it's HIGHLY convienient that tango and steve had the day off and jason and grant just happened to have all those experiences. even my 12 yr old bro said that whenever they heard sounds the cameraman wasnt loooking at the place it was coming from *sigh*.... i hope they dont become like most haunted.... and even grant himself said they didnt do much debunking...

KMTaber

[53]Nov 7, 2008
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    DJScott77 wrote:
    u know i REALLY REALLY hate 2 say this but im gonna have to agree with u and BTRAV. especially after seein this episode i cant help but think they faked it. it's HIGHLY convienient that tango and steve had the day off and jason and grant just happened to have all those experiences. even my 12 yr old bro said that whenever they heard sounds the cameraman wasnt loooking at the place it was coming from *sigh*.... i hope they dont become like most haunted.... and even grant himself said they didnt do much debunking...

Look at what they had to do in 5 days until the episode aired, and this doesn't include the prep work for the live show. They did a 7 hour live show on Friday. Then between Saturday and Tuesday they had to travel to another state to do an investigation, review all the material (video, audio, etc.) from the live episode, reveiw all the material from the additional investigation, do two reveals in two different locations, and have all that ready for editing for the show on Wednesday. I have a feeling the investigation in the winner's house, who wasn't chosen until the views of the live show voted, was not as long as the others, or that they were just tired from just having done the live show. Steve and Tango are usually the ones reviewing the evidence. There were 3 teams investigating on the live show. So, you have all their video and audio, plus the stationary dvr cameras. That would take a while for them to go through. There wasn't enough time between the live show and the follow up show to have them review that much material and participate in an investigation in another state.

The thing with the show is that people have said that all the evidence they have found could be faked. That is true. With the technology available today, all of their evidence could be made up. I don't put much stock in the personal experiences that are not backed up by the evidence, which have surprisingly seemed to have gone down since Brian and Andy are no longer on GH. I will put my question out there again. If they are faking evidence, why has no one previously attached with the show coming out to say so. This happened with Man vs. Wild, and regardless of non-disclosure contracts, people love to reveal fakes and to bring down reality based shows. Now

BTRAV

[54]Nov 8, 2008
    This is starting to turn into the lunar landing discussion from MythBusters, only slightly different. "It could be faked, but it could also have happened."

Ijin-Kimu

[55]Nov 8, 2008
    DJScott77 wrote:

x_x Sadly that is true. During the Live event, it mostly happened to Jay and Grant...and to that, they either have GREAT timing, or it is faked (which I am REALLY hoping it is not.) And personally, the reveal for the Live Event was dissapointing. I'm not sure why, but it was...

Yeah, but more or less, I'm still going to watch GH and GHI even if they do fake everything...which hopefully will never happen. And sorry if I got off topic...I suck at staying On Topic...reasons why I fail most of my English papers -_-

BTRAV

[56]Nov 9, 2008
    It's also hard to stay on topic when on papers when you run out of ideas before required number of pages. But at least that's not a problem here. And another reason I didn't watch the whole live show was because I was getting too sleepy to stay up longer (which is also why I could never go on a ghost hunt - I would get too sleepy).

RustyBattleship

[57]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 7

I posted the following on the Halloween show thread, but it belongs here as well. It is ironic that I am such a skeptic in that I have actually seen a ghost, named Vera. As soon as I find the disk I saved the drawing of our house and where I saw her in the house, I'll post it as a story. But we don't live there anymore and Vera went back to my Aunt who died a couple of years later. They are probably having some beers together right now.

But for the Halloween special, just read the following:

I was very disappointed in the show. The technician walking in the kitchen while taping only pleased skeptics, like me, that many of the footsteps heard and doors closing and whispers made and background mumbling is made (at best) accidentally by the dozens of other film crews around that require a number of 18 wheelers and buses to support the equipment (not just those two black vans) or, at worst, it's staged.

I was even more disappointed in the following Wednesday's show of the "Reveal". Revealed what? They only spent half an hour on it and the other half was inspecting a house. There was no explanation or apology of the technician walking in on them. There was no denial that it wasn't a hidden string down the sleeve that was pulling on the collar. There were no answers or comments to the on line questions.

It was like they wanted to make this a quicky episode and hope everybody forgets about it.

Also the other half of the show with the doors in the house. Baloney. The one with the faulty lock is no different than many other doors I have seen. Did you notice that part of the door frame was carved away and you could plainly see the lock bolt? That's because it was to give room to slip a pocket knife in there to move the bolt as you turn the handle. I have to do that every month to a storeroom at the clubhouse where our model train club meets.

Also, the door closing on the cameraman was very dramatic. But did you notice that Jason had stepped out of sight behind the door just before it closed? I'm not going to make any accusations here, just suggestions based upon all the magic shows I have seen and being a regular visitor to a magic shop in our part of town.

Well, that 8 hours of recording on my DVR was efficiently erased to give room for 60 minutes tonight with Andy Rooney and his no nonsense commentary.

Edited on 11/10/2008 3:35pm

armpitmyhair

[58]Nov 10, 2008
    KMTaber wrote:
    armpitmyhair wrote:
    DJScott77 wrote:
    Look at what they had to do in 5 days until the episode aired, and this doesn't include the prep work for the live show. They did a 7 hour live show on Friday. Then between Saturday and Tuesday they had to travel to another state to do an investigation, review all the material (video, audio, etc.) from the live episode, reveiw all the material from the additional investigation, do two reveals in two different locations, and have all that ready for editing for the show on Wednesday. I have a feeling the investigation in the winner's house, who wasn't chosen until the views of the live show voted, was not as long as the others, or that they were just tired from just having done the live show. Steve and Tango are usually the ones reviewing the evidence. There were 3 teams investigating on the live show. So, you have all their video and audio, plus the stationary dvr cameras. That would take a while for them to go through. There wasn't enough time between the live show and the follow up show to have them review that much material and participate in an investigation in another state. The thing with the show is that people have said that all the evidence they have found could be faked. That is true. With the technology available today, all of their evidence could be made up. I don't put much stock in the personal experiences that are not backed up by the evidence, which have surprisingly seemed to have gone down since Brian and Andy are no longer on GH. I will put my question out there again. If they are faking evidence, why has no one previously attached with the show coming out to say so. This happened with Man vs. Wild, and regardless of non-disclosure contracts, people love to reveal fakes and to bring down reality based shows. Now
    well i agree but i still cant help but think some of the things were faked. did u read the comment below mine? he makes VERY GOOD POINTS (unfortunately) besides the live investigation was no different from a regualr investigation. the only difference was we saw it as it was happening

pamhalpert

[59]Nov 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    grailwolf wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:

Be specific. What question did you ask and how did you ask it? I've asked questions of them before with mixed results. Grant replied within a couple weeks to a message on the TAPS forums. Kris replied to an email within a couple days. Jay never replied to a forum message, and no one replied to another forum message that was addressed to everyone.

The point is that sometimes they get the message right away and reply (I think the email to Kris was during a break in filming) and other times they come home from being on the road for days (or weeks) and they don't manage to reply to every single message that's been left while they were away. And still other times they probably just don't see a message. It happens to me all the time.

If you left a message two years ago, then it's obvious that Steve missed it. Try sending it again, or sending a query to find out whether he got the first message.

I asked Steve on several different occasions, where he gets his tattoos done.

armpitmyhair

[60]Nov 15, 2008
    pamhalpert wrote:
    grailwolf wrote:
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Be specific. What question did you ask and how did you ask it? I've asked questions of them before with mixed results. Grant replied within a couple weeks to a message on the TAPS forums. Kris replied to an email within a couple days. Jay never replied to a forum message, and no one replied to another forum message that was addressed to everyone. The point is that sometimes they get the message right away and reply (I think the email to Kris was during a break in filming) and other times they come home from being on the road for days (or weeks) and they don't manage to reply to every single message that's been left while they were away. And still other times they probably just don't see a message. It happens to me all the time. If you left a message two years ago, then it's obvious that Steve missed it. Try sending it again, or sending a query to find out whether he got the first message.
    I asked Steve on several different occasions, where he gets his tattoos done.
    if u have been asking him for 2 years and he still hasnt replied i doubt he ever will