Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Taps Getting Sort Of Shady

  • Avatar of misterbill47

    misterbill47

    [81]Dec 7, 2008
    • member since: 12/08/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    Hello everyone,I'm a first-timer at this. I hope I don't annoy or irk anyone.Hopefully I'll get better at using this computer. First of all, Being a loyal follower of T.A.P.S I can't believe that Jason or Grant would allow any or all experiences be staged. You would think after all the hard work and time they have put into investigating the paranormal they wouldn't stoop that low. Anyway,The question I have is why are all investigations done at night? You would think it wouldn't matter what time of day it was for an entity to show itself. Thankyou for your time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BTRAV

    BTRAV

    [82]Dec 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,200
    It shouldn't, but I've heard that the peak time for entities to be active is 9 pm - 6 am. Who knows if that's actually true, but that's what someone told me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [83]Dec 8, 2008
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    BTRAV wrote:
    It shouldn't, but I've heard that the peak time for entities to be active is 9 pm - 6 am. Who knows if that's actually true, but that's what someone told me.


    That is the general theory. I think the actual timeframe is a smaller span, like 11pm - 3 am, but the time activity is most active is supposedly at night. That is not to say it can't happen during the day, but it is just more active at night. When you go hunting for anything, be it animal or paranormal activity, it is best to do it when the activity will be most active. Also, for EVPs, there would be less ambient noise from outside when they hunt at night. There would be less cars, foot traffic, and other things that could corrupt the evidence.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [84]Dec 8, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    as far as i know ghosts usually come out at night. its rare for them to ocme out in the daytime. plus the show would lose some of its appeal if they went ghost hunting in the daytime unless it was dark intside . and some ghosts dont like to be seen so what better way to avoid sight than come out in the dark
    Edited on 12/09/2008 6:56am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AngelDNTN

    AngelDNTN

    [85]Dec 8, 2008
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 25

    Agreed on the times. My theory is that time of night is when everything quietens down. IMO, they are here during the day as well but things are usually hectic, go go go, alot of energy in the air, too many things going on for you to notice these things. At night. it is more peaceful and there is not a whole lot of energy going on, so therefore you are going to "catch" them then.

    But thats just my opinion

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ijin-Kimu

    Ijin-Kimu

    [86]Dec 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/11/08
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 50
    AngelDNTN wrote:

    Agreed on the times. My theory is that time of night is when everything quietens down. IMO, they are here during the day as well but things are usually hectic, go go go, alot of energy in the air, too many things going on for you to notice these things. At night. it is more peaceful and there is not a whole lot of energy going on, so therefore you are going to "catch" them then.

    But thats just my opinion


    I agree, its normally like that for most places, execpt for thoes places that have active nightlife. Day you have all these people going in and out, and for random people could go into the place they are investigating and screw with evidence, like that one time in the...Queen Mary I think, and stuff like that, while night does have the advantage of them being more alert.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [87]Dec 9, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    its a common sense thing really
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Zulu3legs

    Zulu3legs

    [88]Dec 13, 2008
    • member since: 01/03/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 21

    I think I just had it with the "businesses" investigations.

    Let´s get back to helping people and investigating (para)"normal" houses

    Enough with the bars, restaurants, theaters, etc, etc, etc

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of armpitmyhair

    armpitmyhair

    [89]Dec 13, 2008
    • member since: 09/13/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 554
    i agree 100% they barely do houses nowadays
    Edited on 12/13/2008 2:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Eightimprov

    Eightimprov

    [90]Jan 29, 2009
    • member since: 01/23/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 16
    I don't think they would stage anything because they seem genuinely dedicated to keeping a good reputation for TAPS.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angie0412

    angie0412

    [91]Feb 15, 2009
    • member since: 02/16/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    first of all i would like to say i have always been a big fan of the show.i thought you all were the real thing until i watched the winery in new york ! 34 minutes in that episode you see jason hit a shelf with something in his hand. wow i was shocked !!!!! there have been times when brian has done stuff like that but i never thought jason or grant would. the way i look at it is you all i guess will do anything to make money .grant if your smart go start your own show and keep it real >>>>>>YOUR RIGHT I THINK ITS A JOKE TO
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [92]Feb 23, 2009
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095

    angie0412 wrote:
    first of all i would like to say i have always been a big fan of the show.i thought you all were the real thing until i watched the winery in new york ! 34 minutes in that episode you see jason hit a shelf with something in his hand. wow i was shocked !!!!! there have been times when brian has done stuff like that but i never thought jason or grant would. the way i look at it is you all i guess will do anything to make money .grant if your smart go start your own show and keep it real >>>>>>YOUR RIGHT I THINK ITS A JOKE TO

    I found the episode online and looked at the part I think you are referring to, and he does not hit hte shelf. He starts to walk between the shelves using the cellphone for light, starts to turn and there is a bang. His hand with the cellphone is nowhere close to the shelf and the other one stays at his side.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Seeker615

    Seeker615

    [93]May 6, 2009
    • member since: 05/10/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 166
    I really miss the good old days of TAPS. The first few seasons were more "real" You got to see a bit of their personal lives and the investigations were focused on homes and helping with an occasional business here and there. Now it seems all they do is "big" places. They almost seem bored with the whole thing. I guess the "jump the shark" moment was when they had investigators check out their own inn and what do you know - it was haunted. UGH!

    I really used to love this show but it just isn't the old TAPS I used to love.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [94]May 7, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    Seeker615 wrote:
    I really miss the good old days of TAPS. The first few seasons were more "real" You got to see a bit of their personal lives and the investigations were focused on homes and helping with an occasional business here and there. Now it seems all they do is "big" places. They almost seem bored with the whole thing. I guess the "jump the shark" moment was when they had investigators check out their own inn and what do you know - it was haunted. UGH!

    I really used to love this show but it just isn't the old TAPS I used to love.


    I think that episode was more to promote their new business.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BTRAV

    BTRAV

    [95]May 8, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 8,200
    And the GHI team came over. I don't see International listed on tvguide.com for new episodes anytime soon.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KMTaber

    KMTaber

    [96]May 12, 2009
    • member since: 06/10/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,095
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:
    I really miss the good old days of TAPS. The first few seasons were more "real" You got to see a bit of their personal lives and the investigations were focused on homes and helping with an occasional business here and there. Now it seems all they do is "big" places. They almost seem bored with the whole thing. I guess the "jump the shark" moment was when they had investigators check out their own inn and what do you know - it was haunted. UGH!

    I really used to love this show but it just isn't the old TAPS I used to love.


    I think that episode was more to promote their new business.


    I also saw it as SCIFI trying to promote GHI in a form of a crossover episodes like the other networks do to help out another show that could use a ratings boost. I know put GHI low on my recording priority and let other shows record first if there is a conflict, while GH is higher on my list. I couldn't stand Brian and Andy, but now both are gone and it is not quite as annoying to me and feels closer to GH. Although Barry can think that anything that moves is a ghost (and his reliance on experimental technology...), but having all three calling every place haunted on personal experiences was getting hard to watch.

    If they would have had the TAPS team do the investigation, it would have been shady for me. But they had a different group, who Jason and Grant are not over do the investigation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OdumC

    OdumC

    [97]Feb 17, 2012
    • member since: 12/17/10
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 491

    pamhalpert wrote:
    BTRAV wrote:
    I too wondered why no one seemed to notice the truck. And Paranormal State guys do have fun from time to time...even at a team member's expense (usually Serge). And Jay says that they goof around all the time on their own but most of it doesn't show up in the episodes at the expense of important case footage. I don't think it's deliberately faked either. I mean, when clients do it, Jay and Grant get pissed. If Sci-Fi was up to something, they'd still have their day jobs.
    Thank you for contributing, but do you really believe that Jay and Grant still have day jobs as plumbers??. I think they get a nice financial kickback from Roto-Rooter for the advertising. I doubt they have time for plumbing jobs anymore.


    About the only thing obviously staged on GH , IS the beginning of the show plumbing calls.


    They're ALWAYS on jobs together and plumbing like their shown doing, is really a 1 person job. ever notice ones always under a sink and the other one is standing there watching, then takes the call? The only time I ever called a plumber and got more than one was when i had to get a septic tank dug up. other than that, it's one guy.


    on one they even had Jason taking out a P trap to retrieve someones ring.. that's like a 5 minute job. and they obviously knew the issue when the woman "called" so again, why send 2 guys when you know it'll take one, maybe 10 minutes (with trouble. worst case scenario, he breaks the P trap, goes to the truck and grabs another one.)


    Not to mention them going on plumbing jobs with a cameraman.



    Kind of weird that in a show about ghost hunting the only thing I find unbelievable are their plumbing credentials.

    Edited on 02/17/2012 12:20pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.