Ghost Hunters Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on SyfyBetween Seasons

Taps Getting Sort Of Shady

misterbill47

[81]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 1
    Hello everyone,I'm a first-timer at this. I hope I don't annoy or irk anyone.Hopefully I'll get better at using this computer. First of all, Being a loyal follower of T.A.P.S I can't believe that Jason or Grant would allow any or all experiences be staged. You would think after all the hard work and time they have put into investigating the paranormal they wouldn't stoop that low. Anyway,The question I have is why are all investigations done at night? You would think it wouldn't matter what time of day it was for an entity to show itself. Thankyou for your time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BTRAV

[82]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 27
    It shouldn't, but I've heard that the peak time for entities to be active is 9 pm - 6 am. Who knows if that's actually true, but that's what someone told me.

KMTaber

[83]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    BTRAV wrote:
    It shouldn't, but I've heard that the peak time for entities to be active is 9 pm - 6 am. Who knows if that's actually true, but that's what someone told me.

That is the general theory. I think the actual timeframe is a smaller span, like 11pm - 3 am, but the time activity is most active is supposedly at night. That is not to say it can't happen during the day, but it is just more active at night. When you go hunting for anything, be it animal or paranormal activity, it is best to do it when the activity will be most active. Also, for EVPs, there would be less ambient noise from outside when they hunt at night. There would be less cars, foot traffic, and other things that could corrupt the evidence.

armpitmyhair

[84]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    as far as i know ghosts usually come out at night. its rare for them to ocme out in the daytime. plus the show would lose some of its appeal if they went ghost hunting in the daytime unless it was dark intside . and some ghosts dont like to be seen so what better way to avoid sight than come out in the dark
    Edited on 12/09/2008 6:56am

AngelDNTN

[85]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 4

Agreed on the times. My theory is that time of night is when everything quietens down. IMO, they are here during the day as well but things are usually hectic, go go go, alot of energy in the air, too many things going on for you to notice these things. At night. it is more peaceful and there is not a whole lot of energy going on, so therefore you are going to "catch" them then.

But thats just my opinion

Ijin-Kimu

[86]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    AngelDNTN wrote:

Agreed on the times. My theory is that time of night is when everything quietens down. IMO, they are here during the day as well but things are usually hectic, go go go, alot of energy in the air, too many things going on for you to notice these things. At night. it is more peaceful and there is not a whole lot of energy going on, so therefore you are going to "catch" them then.

But thats just my opinion

I agree, its normally like that for most places, execpt for thoes places that have active nightlife. Day you have all these people going in and out, and for random people could go into the place they are investigating and screw with evidence, like that one time in the...Queen Mary I think, and stuff like that, while night does have the advantage of them being more alert.

armpitmyhair

[87]Dec 9, 2008
    its a common sense thing really

Zulu3legs

[88]Dec 13, 2008
    • level: 3

I think I just had it with the "businesses" investigations.

Let´s get back to helping people and investigating (para)"normal" houses

Enough with the bars, restaurants, theaters, etc, etc, etc

armpitmyhair

[89]Dec 13, 2008
    i agree 100% they barely do houses nowadays
    Edited on 12/13/2008 2:18pm

Eightimprov

[90]Jan 29, 2009
    I don't think they would stage anything because they seem genuinely dedicated to keeping a good reputation for TAPS.

angie0412

[91]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 1
    first of all i would like to say i have always been a big fan of the show.i thought you all were the real thing until i watched the winery in new york ! 34 minutes in that episode you see jason hit a shelf with something in his hand. wow i was shocked !!!!! there have been times when brian has done stuff like that but i never thought jason or grant would. the way i look at it is you all i guess will do anything to make money .grant if your smart go start your own show and keep it real >>>>>>YOUR RIGHT I THINK ITS A JOKE TO

KMTaber

[92]Feb 23, 2009

angie0412 wrote:
    first of all i would like to say i have always been a big fan of the show.i thought you all were the real thing until i watched the winery in new york ! 34 minutes in that episode you see jason hit a shelf with something in his hand. wow i was shocked !!!!! there have been times when brian has done stuff like that but i never thought jason or grant would. the way i look at it is you all i guess will do anything to make money .grant if your smart go start your own show and keep it real >>>>>>YOUR RIGHT I THINK ITS A JOKE TO

I found the episode online and looked at the part I think you are referring to, and he does not hit hte shelf. He starts to walk between the shelves using the cellphone for light, starts to turn and there is a bang. His hand with the cellphone is nowhere close to the shelf and the other one stays at his side.

Seeker615

[93]May 6, 2009
    I really miss the good old days of TAPS. The first few seasons were more "real" You got to see a bit of their personal lives and the investigations were focused on homes and helping with an occasional business here and there. Now it seems all they do is "big" places. They almost seem bored with the whole thing. I guess the "jump the shark" moment was when they had investigators check out their own inn and what do you know - it was haunted. UGH!

I really used to love this show but it just isn't the old TAPS I used to love.

pamhalpert

[94]May 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    Seeker615 wrote:
    I really miss the good old days of TAPS. The first few seasons were more "real" You got to see a bit of their personal lives and the investigations were focused on homes and helping with an occasional business here and there. Now it seems all they do is "big" places. They almost seem bored with the whole thing. I guess the "jump the shark" moment was when they had investigators check out their own inn and what do you know - it was haunted. UGH!

I think that episode was more to promote their new business.

BTRAV

[95]May 8, 2009
    • level: 27
    And the GHI team came over. I don't see International listed on tvguide.com for new episodes anytime soon.

KMTaber

[96]May 12, 2009
    pamhalpert wrote:
    Seeker615 wrote:

I think that episode was more to promote their new business.

I also saw it as SCIFI trying to promote GHI in a form of a crossover episodes like the other networks do to help out another show that could use a ratings boost. I know put GHI low on my recording priority and let other shows record first if there is a conflict, while GH is higher on my list. I couldn't stand Brian and Andy, but now both are gone and it is not quite as annoying to me and feels closer to GH. Although Barry can think that anything that moves is a ghost (and his reliance on experimental technology...), but having all three calling every place haunted on personal experiences was getting hard to watch.

If they would have had the TAPS team do the investigation, it would have been shady for me. But they had a different group, who Jason and Grant are not over do the investigation.

OdumC

[97]Feb 17, 2012

pamhalpert wrote:
    BTRAV wrote:
    I too wondered why no one seemed to notice the truck. And Paranormal State guys do have fun from time to time...even at a team member's expense (usually Serge). And Jay says that they goof around all the time on their own but most of it doesn't show up in the episodes at the expense of important case footage. I don't think it's deliberately faked either. I mean, when clients do it, Jay and Grant get pissed. If Sci-Fi was up to something, they'd still have their day jobs.
    Thank you for contributing, but do you really believe that Jay and Grant still have day jobs as plumbers??. I think they get a nice financial kickback from Roto-Rooter for the advertising. I doubt they have time for plumbing jobs anymore.

About the only thing obviously staged on GH , IS the beginning of the show plumbing calls.

They're ALWAYS on jobs together and plumbing like their shown doing, is really a 1 person job. ever notice ones always under a sink and the other one is standing there watching, then takes the call? The only time I ever called a plumber and got more than one was when i had to get a septic tank dug up. other than that, it's one guy.

on one they even had Jason taking out a P trap to retrieve someones ring.. that's like a 5 minute job. and they obviously knew the issue when the woman "called" so again, why send 2 guys when you know it'll take one, maybe 10 minutes (with trouble. worst case scenario, he breaks the P trap, goes to the truck and grabs another one.)

Not to mention them going on plumbing jobs with a cameraman.

Kind of weird that in a show about ghost hunting the only thing I find unbelievable are their plumbing credentials.

Edited on 02/17/2012 12:20pm