Ghost Hunters

Old Jail

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 10, 2006 on Syfy

• The old jail is very cool and is a must vist if you go to Florida, but its not haunted.

The old jail is a very cool place to visit. Its like going back in time. You cannot just go in, you have to pay for a tour and wait for the tour to start. They leave about every 20 minutes and the "Sheriff" tour guide is very good. I have an issue with this episode. I recognize the stairs where a tour guide was pushed, I saw robotic sheriff Joe, and saw and sat in the cells where Brain and Dave did their investigations. But in the show the showed the guide explaining to TAPS members about a big steel door in a room that lead to the solitary confinement area. I didn't see this door or any open area where it was supposed to be. Solitary was accessed via a narrow hallway that lead off the back of the kitchen. Inside solitary looked familiar including the rations pass through slot from the kitchen to the main solitary area and the four cells. So I have no idea where they got that shot from. We didn't experience anything nor did we smell the urine people claim to smell. TAPS explained that away by saying that the inmates used a bucket and spillage from them would crystalize. Well... the cell block had toilets on the north end and a shower. Animated Shriff Joe stands up on a platform which is inaccessable to tour visitors, but you can see up there and there are only 4 larger cells up there. There are metal knobs and brackets everywhere in the cellblock. Its super easy for someone like a crew member to accidentally bump one and make the clanking noise Steve heard. So basically, nothing happened in this episode.