Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Does anyone know anything about a tape of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex

Antique22

[1]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 11

My father got a videotape of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex for Father's Day and I would like to know more about it. It appears to be part of the Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex series of video tapes that were sold in a complete box set. Also I found out that there are explicit and edited versions of these Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex tapes that feature different covers. Is this tape collectible or very rare?,

Tiki

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chiroptera_Rex

[2]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 50
    Do you mean DVDs? I've never heard of video cassettes being released for the series.

Antique22

[3]Jun 24, 2010

I didn't even know that there were tapes of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex too until Dad found a cassette of one of the episodes of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex at a thrift shop and I didn't know that there was videocassettes of the show. Could Dad's tape be from a more expensive box set of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex? Thank you so much for finding out info for me,

Tiki

Chiroptera_Rex

[4]Jun 26, 2010
    I've never heard of tapes of the series. It just wouldn't make any sense in this day and age. The only video tapes that could possibly exist would be from the 1995 movie Ghost in the Shell. Anything else would sound like a bootleg version.

Antique22

[5]Jun 28, 2010

Chiroptera_Rex wrote:
    I've never heard of tapes of the series. It just wouldn't make any sense in this day and age. The only video tapes that could possibly exist would be from the 1995 movie Ghost in the Shell. Anything else would sound like a bootleg version.
    That's good news that Dad's video cassette could be linked to the Ghost In The Shell movie because I never knew that there was a movie of Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex? Did they release the movie in parts when it was first shown and could Dad's tape be one of the Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex parts?,

Thank you very much again for the incredible info,

Tiki

Chiroptera_Rex

[6]Jun 29, 2010
    There is the 1995 movie called Ghost in the Shell that comes from a story from the 1989 manga. The 2004 movie Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is a sequel to that. There is also the 2007 movie Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society that picks up where the SAC series ends. The first two movies I mentioned don't relate to the anime. They're set in a different universe from the SAC series. Solid State Society was shown on the Sci-Fi Channel, but not in parts.