TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig Help! Urgent! (CD Box Info)

Tarantula_Hawk

[1]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 2

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the song that plays during the knife fight between Pazu and his ex-girlfriend in the "Face" episode? It's instrumental from what I heard and has some acoustic guitar work in it, fairly fast tempo. If anyone could help me out with this I would be forever in your debt!

Thanks.

Edited on 08/03/2007 7:56am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chiroptera_Rex

[2]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 50
    Unfortunately, the song is not included on any of the released OSTs. For a series with so much music, to have only five total soundtracks for the series is downright criminal. There is at least enough music done by Yōko Kanno to make another OST.

Looking now at CD Japan, it appears that a CD Box Set will be released on September 5th that will contain some unreleased music from the series. The description says that it will feature the complete works of Kanno from GitS:SAC so maybe the previously unreleased music in the series will be on "O.S.T. 4". I already have the other released soundtracks, but I wouldn't mind having another copy of the other five already released and the extra music promised.

SsriTelQuessir

[3]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 26
    Chiroptera_Rex wrote:
    Looking now at CD Japan, it appears that a CD Box Set will be released on September 5th that will contain some unreleased music from the series. The description says that it will feature the complete works of Kanno from GitS:SAC so maybe the previously unreleased music in the series will be on "O.S.T. 4". I already have the other released soundtracks, but I wouldn't mind having another copy of the other five already released and the extra music promised.

Quick question about the Box Set...do you know if that 09/05 release is the same one that is availible in the US on 11/11? thanx

ST'Q

Chiroptera_Rex

[4]Sep 29, 2007
    Give me a link to any information on this November 11th release. Amazon does not list any new GitS:SAC soundtracks to be released.

SsriTelQuessir

[5]Oct 2, 2007
    Dang, I can't remember where I saw that. I thought that it was on Amazon, but if you double checked that, then it must have been somewhere else. Maybe outpost.com? Shoot...now I have to go searching again. I am totally looking forward to the complete release.

SsriTelQuessir

[6]Oct 7, 2007

When I checked Amazon today, the release date posted was 11/20.

ST'Q

Chiroptera_Rex

[7]Oct 12, 2007
    I checked "Ghost in the Shell" under the music type and couldn't find it. Please give a link.

To answer the original question of this thread, OST 4 (dubbed "minus" and containing the unreleased music from the series) is an uncut CD. There are no separate tracks and, consequently, no titles for the individual music pieces. It's not a bad waste of money if you have $120 to burn. If it is released here, which would be different from the CD Box Set (and all the CDs for that matter) for Cowboy Bebop since they were only released in Japan, then that would be very good for the North American consumer because the price would be significantly less.