Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Where can I get the entire series? (Collection List)

pdottz

[1]May 23, 2007
    • level: 7

What sets do I need to buy to have every SAC episode?

I ended up missing a season and so I decided I'd just rather buy them all so I can have them complete.

Edited on 08/03/2007 7:54am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chiroptera_Rex

[2]May 23, 2007
    • level: 50
    For North America and Great Britian, there are seven DVDs total for the first season of GitS:SAC and seven DVDs total for 2nd GIG. For North America, all fourteen DVDs either come as a regular DVD, with Dolby 5.1 sound, or as a Limited Edition, which has a Dolby 5.1 disc and also contains a second disc that has DTS sound as well various extra items that come with the Limited Edition. For a complete list of the DVDs in their various incarnations, look here.

1princess

[3]May 29, 2007
    • level: 9

Thank you!

JoachimPeiper

[4]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    Chiroptera_Rex wrote:
    For North America and Great Britian, there are seven DVDs total for the first season of GitS:SAC and seven DVDs total for 2nd GIG. For North America, all fourteen DVDs either come as a regular DVD, with Dolby 5.1 sound, or as a Limited Edition, which has a Dolby 5.1 disc and also contains a second disc that has DTS sound as well various extra items that come with the Limited Edition. For a complete list of the DVDs in their various incarnations, .

Hi, I recently asked a friend in Singapore to get me GitS: SAC 1st Season. It was only available in English and Chinese subtitles. In some episodes the translation was horrible and could not connect some scenes with it. Well thank god for this forum! I want to know where I can get the GitS series with the English dub as shown in the Animax channel?

For the 2nd Gig, I got it but (don't ask where) and the have the laughing man subs. It is a lot better, with background information on certain Kanji characters, cultural references etc. Hope you could point out one for me where I could buy the English dubbed DVDs. By the way I'm from the Philippines.

Thanks you!

Chiroptera_Rex

[5]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 50
    If you want the legit English dubs, then the prices on Amazon.com, which can be found on the link in the second post on this thread, are probably the best you're going to find. Amazon's prices are a bit higher and you may be able to find better prices at other sites, but Amazon is one of only a few that ship internationally. The link above contains links for each product on Amazon. Both seasons are linked so take advantage of them.

JoachimPeiper

[6]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 3

Chiroptera_Rex wrote:
    If you want the legit English dubs, then the prices on Amazon.com, which can be found on the link in the second post on this thread, are probably the best you're going to find. Amazon's prices are a bit higher and you may be able to find better prices at other sites, but Amazon is one of only a few that ship internationally. The link above contains links for each product on Amazon. Both seasons are linked so take advantage of them.

Thanks for the help Chiroptera! much appreciated, given a choice I'd rather pay a steep price as long as the product is high quality and legit! Also, this is my fave series so a little investment wont hurt.

Lebbin

[7]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 2
    ...or you can just buy them off iTunes and watch them on your computer or MP3 player. Each season is $50.99, which is considerably less then if you bought them on DVD.

InfernalSnow

[8]Sep 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    I'd rather not have the files tethered to my system.

SsriTelQuessir

[9]Oct 6, 2010
    • level: 26

I got the two season box sets at Frys. I think that they were 40 or 50 bucks each. Well worth the money.