Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Would you get cyberized?

whould you get cyberized?

zzddll27

[1]Aug 8, 2007
    • level: 11

In the near future, if it was possible, would you get cyberized?

I wouldn't 'cause I like my body, but passing over interacting on the web in your mind and modifying your strenght and senses is tough.

Edited on 08/13/2007 6:57pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MazzyGirl

[2]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    I would get cyberized, but only parts of my brain since my reading isn't well and I have a low math level. Also, I would get a part of my brain cyberized so I could go on the web and stuff, like they do : ) . I would not get my whole brain cyberized simple because I dont want to lose all of my individuality. Not like the Major or Batou did or anything, but I still would not be 100% cyberized.

wedgeantilles54

[3]Aug 11, 2007
    • level: 12

i wouldn't mind having a cyber brain, but as for the cybernetic body i don't think i would get one

BadKarma99

[4]Aug 13, 2007
    I would never get cyberized. With my luck I'd pick up a virus.

dfoboost

[5]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 7
    I wouldnt mind but you could lose some valuable emotions,but being connected through the web is awsome.

Crusnic

[6]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 4
    You spelt Would wrong, and Yes in a heart beat so would all my friends

Skynet2029

[7]Sep 12, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yes, but not fully, I'd do the whole net connection thing as well as just replace my weaker parts like my left eye (woah, I'd look like Saito, cool) and to make myselfa bit stronger.

StormofDark

[8]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    Maybe? It would be pretty frickin' sweet but I'ono. Let's see when the time comes.

SsriTelQuessir

[9]Sep 22, 2007
    • level: 26

I think that it would depend on the make and model. I wouldn't want a black market, second had jerry-rigged cyberbody from the Refugee District. However, one of the top of the line, Section 9 government models would be intriguing. It would be cool not to be dislexic or to sprain my ankle anymore. I most admit that I raise my eyebrow at the concept of body-swapping.

Ssri Tel'Quessir

EveryBodyLoveMe

[10]Jan 9, 2008
    • level: 1
    Yeah I probably would because its something new and i woild have more abilitys..

GiverSSJ

[11]Jan 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    I wouldn't get a cybernetic body, but I wouldn't mind some of my brain being cybernetic.

Izzytheinsane

[12]Jan 21, 2008
    I don't think I would. I'm fine with my body for the most part, no real medical problems. Also I don't really see the benefit of a cybernetic brain. I mean sure you could go on the internet with your mind but what else? I think using a key board is a small price to pay for the inability to be hacked. Though I do have to say that when I became older I'd probably change my mind about the body part. Does anyone know if you had a prosthetic body whether you'd be immortal or not?

Chiroptera_Rex

[13]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 50
    Izzytheinsane wrote:
    I don't think I would. I'm fine with my body for the most part, no real medical problems. Also I don't really see the benefit of a cybernetic brain. I mean sure you could go on the internet with your mind but what else? I think using a key board is a small price to pay for the inability to be hacked. Though I do have to say that when I became older I'd probably change my mind about the body part. Does anyone know if you had a prosthetic body whether you'd be immortal or not?

The cyberbrain does more than just connect to the net. It acts as a supplementary brain that actually has defined storage space. The human brain can forget things quite easily if the information is not used often. The cyberbrain can recall anything that is stored in it, much like a computer hard drive. If you download an entire book into your cyberbrain, you could recall any moment from that book because it's there in the computer part of your head.

Your question about prosthetically-enhanced humans becoming immortal would defeat the purpose of the ghost. For people like Motoko and Batou, who are completely cyberised, the only thing that makes them human is their ghost, i.e. the last remaining physical part of their bodies that is housed in their brain case. They wouldn't die of anything physical, but they do have the ability to die once their brain ceases to function. This is why in "ERASER"
    ***SPOILER***
    For a human to become immortal in the GitS Universe, one would have to give up the corporeal and become one with the net. In the 1995 and 2004 movies,
    ***SPOILER***

KillerTickle

[14]Feb 10, 2008
    I wouldn't, but I definitely would let my clone get cyberized! I kinda like the fact of being myself, but wouldn't object having another me take part in something I couldn't. It would be interesting if we could be connected without any major manipulation of my original body... I guess we'll see soon enough!!!

Ghost-inZeShell

[15]Mar 14, 2009
    I would,
    I would as much as I could,
    it's not that I don't like my current body,
    it's just that there are so many advantages with having a cybernetic body versus a non-cybernetic one:
    you don't die as easily,(if you get in to a car accident, your a lot less likely to die if you have a cybernetic body than without one)
    you don't show signs of age,
    you can choose how you want to look--(plastic surgery is limited, and only really works if you have a good surgeon, and even then, still limited), plus, here, you don't have to worry about getting fat in the first place, and as Bouto pointed out in season 2 episode 11 "Kusanagi's Labyrinth; affection" with a cybernetic body, you don't get drunk(your cybernetic body brakes-down the alcohol before it ever reaches your blood-stream)
    you are faster, stonger, and more dexterous and agile than any normal human,
    you can download TONS of information straight to your brain/cyberbrain, (I'm a linguist{I learn many languages} and let me tell you, "it'd be a lot easier to just download it all"),
    from my point of view, getting cyberized just makes sences