Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

IN: Escape in Defeat; EMBARRASSMENT

Aired Sunday 12:00 AM Apr 23, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• *winces* Ouch. That smarts on many levels.

I was surprised how easily Batou fell during the fight with Kuze. Even though they seemed evenly matched physically (Kuze himself admitted that during the fight) Kuze seemed to have more of a tactical advantage over Batou. As Batou got \"broken\" I just sat there saying, \"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. EW!\" He was thoroughly trussed and humiliated, to say the least. Beaten by a pretty boy? How could he! This was also the second/third time I noticed in the title credits (only the part where they show the title for the episode, not the song previous) the text for the action that had just occurred seconds previously. They seem to be borrowing the text from the creator\'s books, at least for the title page. This was also the second time that I got the impression that Kuze was the little boy (seen in the episode where the Major stumbles into the \"shop of memories\" and sees the two children\'s prosthetic bodies)that was in the plane crash who folded paper cranes with only his one hand, and we already knew that the Major was the little girl who had been in a coma and then switched to a full prosthetic. This makes me think that maybe by the finale of this season that there will be a full-scale confrontation between Kuze and the Major? That would be a nice plot-twist. Predictable, sure, but nice nonetheless.