Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Cartoon Network (ended 2007)

Chiroptera_Rex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Reviews (91)

• WTF Was This Movie. This Movie Suck

Two hours 33 minutes of what. The heroes were villains killing everyone in sight. The laughing Man was just talking out of his ass. Everything was a bad joke. Screw this movie. Just you know what fuck this movie. It just bad.
  • A very intelligent and intriguing anime show.

I just started watching this show online about a month ago and I find it very interesting and entertaining. Ths show is set a little over 20 years into the future in a society where many people possess cyber-brains. Some people may be complete cyborgs. The title of the show refers to a person's soul inside a cyborg hence the name Ghost in the Shell. The series focuses on a specialized crime investigation unit named Section 9. The people in this unit investigate crimes such as cyber-hacking, which has become commonplace in this society, that require skills outside the area of regular police work in order to solve them. Some criminal cases that the detectives of Section 9 have had their hands full on is the Laughing Man and the Individual Eleven. The reason that this series of Ghost in the Shell is named Stand Alone Complex is because criminal cases such as these are about one person committing criminal acts that bring random people together to commit the same criminal acts. Overall, this is a great show. If you like Sci-Fi action shows than this is the show you've been looking for.
  • If you're interested in science fiction with depth, this is one of the best animated shows you can watch.

GITS: Stand Alone Complex is about a police unit that solves cyber oriented crimes. The show has amazing music that fits the futuristic and technologic elements; its characters are so dynamic and each bring something very unique to the plot.

Unlike other action shows I've watched, Ghost In The Shell's characters all work. They all complement each other and their interactions are highly believable. The Major, aka Motoko Kusanagi, is probably one of the best animated heroines of all time. The show, in S.A.C. and later 2nd G.I.G., gradually reveals her dark history and the incredible way she transformed from a regular human being to a cyborg that will gain both respect and infamy. GITS really makes you think. Some of the crimes and characters are so complex, and it can be fun to try to figure out the motives of the villains while you watch.

But I think one of the greatest parts of this show is that it's possibly a look into our own future, and it makes the viewer think not only about technology but also about its consequences on society and the human mind. It makes you think about how different the world will be in the next 25-30 years; it makes you wonder about the possibility of humans getting the opportunity to exchange their organic bodies for a powerful cyborg one, where you can retain your 'ghost', or your own self, by keeping your brain within. Although, what will this do to ourselves and our world? That's what the core of GITS is about. Injustice, sacrifice, philosophy.

• One of the best anime shows you will ever see, this is without a doubt an all time classic.

If you are reading this and don't know the plotline then where have you been for the last decade! It is basicly a spin-off of the movie of the same name. it is set in a future where the line between man and machine has become blurred and follows a team of police officers/para-military types lead by a full cyborg known as the Major.

The shows real beauty is it's fantastic plot's and very intellectual and philosophical tone. It also has some beautiful animation and some of the best characters you will ever see.

All in all this is an excellent show and one that I think everyone should see at least once.
  • I like this show its neat.

It kinda gets boring sometimes with all the useless chatter but its still a really great show. I love the animation and the song is really great and even though it has too much talk it still has a good amout of good action. When i first saw the show i thought it sucked but that was only because it confused the hell out of me but when i got the plot down and understood it i really liked it. And usually i dont go for shows like this but for ghost in the shell i make an exeption. h
  • One of the most enthralling anime one might ever encounter.

This show is among the most compelling of all anime. Its popularity is completely justified and it deserves the status of classic. Although the plot is complex, it is all very logical and extremely interesting for a wide range of viewers because it covers issues in economics, politics, psychology, sociology, history, technology of various kinds as well as a real human story. Not only are the personalities complicated, but they are sympathetic in many cases. Major Kusanagi is portrayed as strong and tough, yet she has softer feelings hidden deeper which surface in such cases as her encounter with the rebel Kuze. Batou also has a softer side, showing that full-cyborgs can be human as well. The action is extremely compelling, not only because it is so fast and vivid but because it involves such complicated futuristic weapons and scenarios. The visual art is also well-done, with a mix of CG and traditional. It is able to depict any scene with the utmost detail, including those of cyberspace. The music by Yoko Kanno also compliments the plot and the art nicely. In all this is a very well executed adaptation of a masterpiece manga.
  • ghost in the shell a high action anime is great in my opinion

this show is very good in my opinion the plot is understandable no matter where you are picking up exept for a few choice episodes but the idea that a supersecret taskforce that tries to stop terrorism and their number one enemy the laughing man it is so interesting in the technology and how the characters change little by little and you can see it as their own personal stories on how they got prothstetics and wehatnot comes out this show gets a 8.1 for being superb and a anime people can base others on but also needs a little fine tuneing
  • Less than 3 decades, and 2 world wars, in the future, the world is a much different place. The world is defined by super high technology and an internet that is pervasive in all aspects of life. Heads of state and business use technology for domination.

This is a fantastic show. I was intigued from the first show I saw during the 1st season. Unlike so many other animes that rely on fantasy, mythology, or romance, Ghost in the Shell is a pure action/adventure. But unlike other action/adventure animes that focus on quests, Ghost in the Shell developes on a subtext of contemporary economic theory, political science, and sociology. Anybody who has read C.Wright Mill's The Power Elite or Chomsky's Class Warfare will recognize the conceptual structure of a postmodern information state. Even the lingo used in the English dubs - such as Military-Industrial Complex and Consumer State - come straight from postgrad theory. The basic premis of a micro-intgrated internet that connects all aspects of daily individual life to macro level social events such a war, revolution, politics, commerce, and social control is intiguing. But as intriguing as this presmiss is, the details with which the setting and story line really define how thorough this anime is. As eluded to above, the subtext is perhaps the best I have seen to date in an anime. The subtext of structure vs. agency, freewill and freedom, power, politics, and corruption is relevant to our current social, political, and economic environment. Similarly, the historical reflexivity towards World War II, the Holocost, the cold war, islamo-fascism, and macro coruption of the capitalist state is poignant to the world we face today. There are two seasons, and a number of movies, so far. Each of the two seasons has it's own superplot, culminating at the season finaly. The story revolves around an independant special operations unit, engaging in covert paramilitary actions and information warefare against criminal organizations and corrupt government and business officials. The picture drawn of this futuristic postmodern information-militocracy is frightening to the extream - let me draw the historical reference: A union between heads of state, military, and business using the media as a tool to enforce and maintain their nationalist, pro military hegemony...hint, hint, anybody remember Nazi Germany? The primary literary devices are narrative, internal monologue, foreshadowing, and flashback. Character development is exceptional and the characters themselves have an interesting interdynamic. The characters develop in a way that encourages the viewer to empathize with them. Despite the overwhelming presence of an oppressive social structure and power hungery elite, there is an undertone of heroism thoughout the series; individuals, good men and women, can make a difference in the world - the 'powers that be' can be fought, justice can be upheld, and the inocent can be protected.
  • Based in the future, a cop who happens to be in the body of a \"robot\" (whatever they call it)

A cool show with some interesting ideas but all in all, the story line is very hard to follow in my opinion, not very worth the watch unless your an anime finatic or just don\'t care. The idea of being able to have a persons entire memory and personality downloaded is cool and all but it seems to me like its been done before. I believe that the \"ghost in the shell\" refers to a memory trapped in a robotic body, the residual \"spirit\" resides within the body even after replaced or removed. That is if i understood what i\'ve been watching. Hope you like it.
  • A Personal Favorite!

Out of my opinion this is one of the Best Animes I have ever seen im not sure if they have made a manga for it but if they did I have to check it out.The good opinions I have on this show is how it is also a long series but it has different storys such as Gig1 and GiG2 that explain different parts of the entire show.Another good opinion is how the storyline is hard to understand.To me when a storyline is hard to understand it makes you have to keep watching because if you don't then you might miss something important and then you will get lost.The things bad about this show is how they have all this high tech stuff but still have a hard time find these serial killers.
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is a Japanese anime TV series set in the Ghost in the Shell universe created by Masamune Shirow. It is often referred to by its acronym GitS:SAC.

Taking place in a fictional city of Japan called "Niihama-shi" (New Port City) in the year 2030, Stand Alone Complex tells the story of a special operations task-force called Public Security Section 9, or simply "Section 9". The series follows the exploits of Section 9's agents who range from ex-military to ex-police to even ex-mafia as they address each case and how it affects them on a personal level, eventually leading to the mysterious figure dubbed by the media as "The Laughing Man". Public Security Section 9 is an elite domestic anti-crime unit charged with the task of preemptive prevention of technology-related acts of terrorism and crime. Their duties include response to serious cyber crimes (i.e. cyberbrain hacking, cyber-terrorism), investigation of unlawful acts of those in public office and of high profile murder cases. From time to time they also serve as protection to foreign VIPs. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex follows an alternate and separate storyline from that of Mamoru Oshii's theatrical film adaptations. The TV series expounds further on the careers of Motoko Kusanagi and Section 9, and also retains more elements from Masamune Shirow's original manga than Oshii's feature films. Literary references within the series include Flowers for Algernon, the Nine Stories, especially "The Laughing Man" written by J. D. Salinger, and The Catcher in the Rye, also authored by Salinger.
  • a great series, with a complex plot

i give it 10/10, i have only seen 8 episodes- i have 2 dvd's, i think major kusanagi is a good character, and the film the 1st one was great 2, i can't wait to see the other episodes,and find out what happened, who is the laughing man?
    is he even real? is he a girl? or a man? so many unanswered questions.......
  • Overrated

Overrated applies for both the first movie and the television series. The second movie that came out four years ago was good. Unlike the first movie and series it had great animation and a great story that made sense. Now back to the series. The animation is good, a 7/10. The story is pretty good, about people losing them selfs to machines, I'd give it a 8/10. The soundtrack was also good, a 7/10. The real problem I had with both the movies and the series were the characters in them. They are uninteresting, showed no emotion, and left me not caring about whether they lived or died, I'd give a 1/10.
  • A Surprising show, although not Very Entertaining... Storyline: 8/10 Entertainment: 6/10 Graphics: 9/10 Special Effects: 8/10 Sound Effects: 7/10 Total: 7.5/10

Not the Most Entertaining Anime, but Impressive Visual Effects. There are not many words to say About "Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex" but I have to say the Storyline (a.k.a The Plot)is Really Original and Modern. When I first saw this Program it Caught my Attention Right Away, and I have to Admit I thought it Might end up Being one of my Favourite Shows, Unfortunately, I wasn't Quite Right. I still think it's Pretty Good, but it Ain't Great. The Main Idea is Definitely Something I would like to see in Future Shows, I Enjoy Watching Anime that is Based on the Sci-Fi Genre. The Effects match well, but it Needs alot more Action. If there will Ever be a "Spin-Off" with this Show I would like it to have the Same Great things, but more Action would really be Appreciated.
  • i suppose it is just OK....

This has to be the best looking anime ever made with superb visuals, which are just unprecedented, however it has to be the most complex and confusing thing I have ever seen & I’m a veteran anime viewer.

This anime is based on the not so distant future, where technology has come to the point of humans merging with machines and cybernetic parts are a necessity. However technology has its flaws, with most people having cyber-brains connected to the net, cyber-hacking has become a common thing in life. This anime deals with two factors: The Standalone refers to an individual exploiting the masses of society, and the Complex bringing people with no distinguishable connection together. This is why it’s called Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex.

Moving onto the plot of the show which is split up into 2 seasons (Stand Alone Complex & Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig). The show starts off introducing the characters and their roles in Section 9. The first 9 episodes were somewhat boring, especially episode 9 “CHAT CHAT CHAT” which was basically what the title says, half an hour of non-stop chatting. Then it started to pick up and I actually started to get into the series, well I tried but was still getting confused. The entire series was about the Laughing Man, with a few side stories hear and there. It really got repetitive after a while and the series only pick up at the end where all hell breaks lose. However they still managed to fit in a lot of talking. The very last episode was a huge anti-climax, I was expecting something big but all I got was a reunion and more talking, which I could barely understand.

The beginning of 2nd Gig was really a re-introduction to the characters of Section 9 & my favourite moment :D the return on the Tachikomas :D. Same as the first season, it starts of slow with not much happening and takes a while to pick up. Then half-way into the season things get really interesting with story first focusing on the Particularist Eleven topic but then quickly goes into the refugee problem. Similar to the Laughing Man in season one, this season was very complex and hard to follow at times, because of all the new information that was pumped in. However this season did finally provided a bit of time to focus on certain characters, one special episode was when we finally learnt a bit of the Major’s childhood experience. Then after this the main events happened near the end, which was very action packed and exciting to watch. The way it ended was full of a lot of action and not much talking, however it was very similar to the 1st season ending, where the Tachikomas sacrificed themselves to save everyone. I was also left confused because a lot of this happened after this and I didn’t understand any of it.

One thing that let this show down was the personality the main characters had or lack of personality in fact, making parts of the show very boring to watch. What made up for it were the up beat and somewhat cute Tachikomas (blue robots), which had more personality then any of the characters. My saddest moment of the show was when the Tachikomas sacrificed themselves to save Batou at the end of season 1. The thing is that I wouldn’t even care that much if Batou ended up dying then, which shows how much work the creators need to work on the characters.

The lavish animation and intense gun battles did not change the fact that this was an incredibly confusing anime to watch, which made it extremely difficult to get into. Because of this I was forced to spend quite a bit of time on wikipeadia, trying to understand some of the many terms and philosophies of the show such as: Ghost, Shell, Cyber brains, Standalone Complex etc. This was the reason why it took me a real long time to finish the entire 2 seasons (56 episodes). Also it didn’t give me the same urge to watch the next episode like all the other animes I’ve breezed through.

For reasons like these I couldn’t give it the high score it could have achieved, which is such a shame for all the time spent making this gorgeous show. Same as how people rate games for graphics, gameplay, sounds and value for money; I also apply the same principals to rating shows. So even this had the best visuals I’ve seen since Final Fantasy – Advent Children, the plot was somewhat complex & slow moving, even more than the Matrix Trilogy & there wasn’t much to say about the sounds which were great but couldn’t bring the anime to life. This should teach animators a lesson that great animations do not make a great anime
  • verri horrible show!

3.9
    one of the mosts boring shows their is! only few eps was pretty good i mean i saw lots of shows in japan in this very horrible its such a boring show i fell asleep trying to watch it ....it's more of a show for the boys the anime "blue gender" is way much better it's a well done show but still give that show and this show an 3.9 basiclly.big o also like this one show it has no self plot or no build up at all thats bway i see the show as boring and very time taking....
  • A world of advanced technology. Also the series has great suspence!

Takes place in the year 2030, a world of advance technology like cyberbrain net and prosthetic bodies. People can actually switch prosthetic bodies with each other and hack into the net(which looks like it has great colorful animation). But this story is mainly about this team(different than your average police) Section 9. They investigate advanced crime that criminals accomplished. I have to say Major Motoko Kusanagi is the main character from the team. She's very strong and pretty hot. Plus, they're are other characters from section 9 like Daisuke Aramaki(the chief), Batou, Togusa, etc. This show has great action. It's awesome!
  • Female cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi and her fellow police officers of Section 9 hunt down a host of criminals in both the real and online worlds. In the course of their work, Kusanagi and Section 9.

In the future, life between the digital and physical world has been blurred. The boundary of technology and humanity has been stretched beyond imagination with lives being led in both the electronic and physical worlds. With the melding of man and machine – a new cybernetic level of existence is being created - An existence that continues to redefine mankind.

Female cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi and her fellow police officers of Section 9 hunt down a host of criminals in both the real and online worlds. In the course of their work, Kusanagi and Section 9 must do everything from resolving hostage crises to hunting down runaway state-of-the-art killing machines.
  • section 9, consisting of the major, batou, tougasa, saito, ishikawa and many others, try to prevent and catch hackers in their tracks but their are some old cases resufacing and begging for deletion.

An excellent show. The whole storyline fits together as one big piece and all comes together in the end however, if you do not see at least the first movie, really nothing will make sense to you at first when you watch this show. I give GITS: STC a perfect 10, cracking down on cyber crime.
  • basically this manga is abou a female cyborg that thinks she has a soul now this hot lookin cyborg fights crime in the 2020's and she does a bloody good job of it !! lol

The cyborg called major motoko kusanagi is a hot looking woman fight crime in the real world and the online world !
    Batou is half cyborg and hes fighting for the same cause as motoko and has been her partner for several years and is i think attracted 2 motoko ! me thinks ! lol
    Togusa is new guy who doesnt know wat the hell is going and just gets on wif it ! now the puppet mast is the bad guy as people say in the 2 movies but in the 1st gig series the bad guy is the cyber-terrorist known as "The laughing man" now all the way though the 1st gig series hes been pocessing other cyborgs and wont show himself but in the end hes no wat u would expect when u c him ! lol
  • High-tech and sci-fi!

Sometimes I dont understand this show, but its nice. It is a time when, even if nets were to guide all consciousness that had been converted to photons and electrons toward coalescing, standalone individuals have not yet been converted into data to the extent that they can form unique components of a larger complex. Based on the manga by Shirô Masamune and made popular world-wide by Mamoru Oshii's 1995 cyberpunk classic, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex adds more to the rich, philosophical tale of the fusion between man and machine. The year is 2030 and man and machine are fast becoming fully integrated. Advancements in computer technology that can be melded into both body and mind have become readily available. Criminal acts have entered a new era as well. Exploiting the very systems meant to advance society for the better, criminals have created new ways to get what they desire. Cyberbrains, now very commonplace within society, allow for the abuse of people's minds through hacking. Along with body enhancements come androids that allow for criminals to work their machinations from behind the scenes. As new and more serious forms of crime escalate, more advanced police units are needed to handle these emerging threats. That is why Public Security Section 9, a special task force made up of both flesh and blood humans and mechanical cyborgs, has been assembled. Equipped with the latest technology and advance multipedal tanks called Tachikomas, Section 9 handles high crimes committed against the Japanese people. Each member has their own strong points that come in handy during each mission, but when dealing with such highly advanced criminals, strong points are second only to cold, hard skill.
  • Cool technology!

• GitS: Stand Alone Complex shows us the future.

One of the more interesting things about this show is it asks us to ask questions about the world the future brings to us.

The animation is excellent and the sound track is moving even epic at times. The strength of the show is the intelligent way that it has us examine our own humanity. Star Trek had Data for 7 years and didn't do nearly as good a job posing those questions. If you don't like to think this show probably won't apeal to you.
  • Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Is quite frankly a Perfection in every way you look at it.

Call me a fan boy if you will, but there's something magically amazing about the entire GitS Franchise, The Movie was a pinnacle of perfection at the time of release and the Show just reinvents it over again. if you like Sci-Fi then you'll fall in love with GitS:SAC right from the first episode. The Year is 2030 , Section-9 a secret agency which deals with Cyber Crimes and Terrorism. our main character is Motoko Kusanagi or "Major" as everyone calls her, despite being a Cyborg, her cold charisma is unmatched, she's the kind of Ass-Kicking Chick everyone dreams of seeing, what's so special about GitS:SAC is that it paints a incredibly plausible picture of the future, Cyber Brains, Thermo Optic Camo flauge, Dynamic A.I etc, furthermore, Unlike other Animes, GitS:SAC is serious, no silly Mouth streching or crying animations, no sweat drops or silly elements like those. also most of the story told in GitS:SAC is complex and lenghty, but despite that, it never challenges your brain or frustates you, heck it plays out better than most Sci-Fi Films! what about action? There's a Ton of that present, alongside plenty of violence as well. the show also has some impressive music and some truly amazing art work. The Animation is also excellent, with Vivid colours and Crisp special effects, the character animation is also razer sharp, especially in some combat scenes. The 2nd Gig incorporates plenty of 3D elements In to the animation as well, making the show look even better. The Voice acting is also remarkably good, in fact, it's done by same actors who did The DVD Dub for Original GitS Movie. all in all, GitS:SAC is a perfect show, even if you hate anime or find it childish, i urge everyone to watch GitS:SAC atleast once, if you're into Cyberpunk and Sci-Fi, GitS:SAC is heaven on earth for you! 10/10 if anyone by any chance doesn't like GitS:SAC then their brain is to blame for this, because there's absolutely nothing wrong with the show.
  • soooooo theres a robot in a human suit r is it a ghost in a human body either way boobs are way to big...me likey

6.7
    tried to like this anime. I really did try. I tried to buy into the hype. I tried to make myself think the outstanding visuals would overcome a lackluster and soulless plot, not to mention characters devoid of any type of personality. I tried and failed.

Well, it sure does look pretty. With production values that rival Akira's, it had better look damn pretty! And at that it succeeds. The animation is topnotch, garnering well-deserved oohs and ahhs. I appreciated the generous use of cool blues and grays, adding atmosphere to the sci-fi environs.

The story is stock futuristic science-fiction. Without spoiling it for others, I guessed exactly what kind of enemy the protagonists would face even before I hit the play button. Masking a non-innovative plot with techno-babble didn't fool me one bit. Nothing about the story kept me interested, so I figured I would like the characters to compensate. Wrong. I could care less what happened to any of them. Everyone was a slightly different variation of the same cold, calculating personality. I realize that was the intention, but good intentions do not a good anime make.

I can't really recommend this movie to anyone except those really into action anime. Myself, there wasn't enough meat in the story or the characters. To make a small pun, there is no "ghost" in this "shell".
  • Gorgeous animation, but loses something in the translation!

While channel surfing, I happened to find 'Ghost in the Shell...'.

Dazzled by the superb animation, I watched, hoping that the characters and plots would complement the scenery.

No such luck.

I was totally confused! Which characters were the good and bad guys? What did the title have to do with anything? Why were the characters speaking seeming inanities? Why was the apparently main, female, character - - shown throughout the openning credits - - hardly in the show at all? Why in the world were robot vehicles bouncing up and down while "talking", and why were they talking at all?

Now, I'm not one to give up that easily on any show! I had a similar reaction to my first viewing of "Dr Who" (a Tom Baker episode), but grew to love the series, thanks to good performances, reasonable plots, and nifty - - if not cheesy - - special effects! So, in the same "spirit", I gave *this* program a "Ghost" of a chance (puns definitely intended!).

Unfortunately, two more viewings produced nothing but more confusion and, ultimately, boredom, so I stopped watching (it was removed from the air shortly afterwards).

While great characters, dialogue, and plots are more than capable of making up for lousy animation, the reverse - - as is the case with "Ghost..." - - is never true. However, I appreciate the skill that went into the animation (although I'm not sure whether it was hand-drawn, computer-generated, or a combination of both), and that's the only reason I gave it as high a mark as I did.
  • Well simpily put this is one of the Greatest Animated shows around

Ghost in Shell is one of best animated shows around
    Why is that you ask
    Well while it has beatuifull animation, exciting action, and memorable characters that is only the tip of the Iceburg. On top of all that it presents a great story that delves into alot of questions we as society need to ask, such as where doses the real world end and the digital world beginn, what dose it mean to be human and many others.

On top of all of that it has some really cool tech, such as the Tachikomas. Which helps to present and intriguing and somewhat beliveable view of the future.

The story itself is one of the most engaging animated stories i have ever seen, and while it sometimes requires alot of thought to keep everything that is going on straight
    it all makes sense in the end. I can see why many people liken it to an animated version of 24 but i would have to say it is much more than that.

So if want a show that has a good story and requires you think at times Ghost in the Shell SAC is for you.
  • It is by far one of the best anime series ever created, and that’s saying something.

Ghost in the Shell has a few problems. First, it is a “thinker”. What does this mean and why is it a problem? Well, for most people, if a series requires you to use your noggin’ and think they will turn the channel. I’m sure this is true for GITS. It’s unfortunate too as they have just missed out in one of Television’s best. It is by far one of the best anime series ever created, and that’s saying something.

Why is GITS a great show? Well, let’s set aside the amazing animation or stunning computer effects. Let’s set aside the future ethical situations (although they seem to also apply to the present) it presents on an episode basis. Let’s also set aside the diverse characters and Academy Award worthy scripts. Ok. Now that we’ve done all of that setting aside, we’re left with one thing…every other TV show out there.

GITS is usually billed as a techno-punk era thriller. Section 9 is an elite police/military force armed with the latest in technology in order to stop world-class hackers and crack impossible sounding cases. This team is so elite however, it usually has no trouble eliminating the opposition. Dirty politics are always weighing heavily on Section 9, it seems. Breaking through the red-tape and exposing truth is another specialty they have. This series is PACKED with action, suspense and great dialogue.

It has also been billed as the “animated 24”. 24 is a good show, no doubt. Ghost in the Shell is a GREAT show. Don’t miss this gem. Bring it back? This presents Ghost in the Shell's second problem. No announcement has been made on the shows pending return. Hopefully they will bring it back for a third season. TV needs more “thinkers” such as this out there. Laughing Man anyone?
  • This is one awesome animtion

If you like robots, androids and guns this is the anime for you, its mostly about a girl who goes through a city on missions. The world is a very technology advanced place. I havent seen all the shows but the animation looked very cool. lots of cool mecha and characters, cool body shapes. Looks like one of the coolest cyberpunk anime since GUNNM.
  • Loved this from start to finish.

This is an unmissable Anime, which is a spin off series from the original Ghost in the Shell movie. Its set in an alternative universe from the movie therefore no story is carried over only the characters. There is a storyline to it (The Laughing Man case) but its hidden away in the stand alone episodes, which can be confusing at times not knowing whether your watching a stand alone episode or a Laughing Man episode. There is plenty of action and whole drama episodes set in an virtual internet chat room type place, which just consist of the team talking to each other, which can get a little boring but it adds to the story so its excusable.

All in all a really enjoyable series.
< 1 2 3 4