Ghost Lab Forums

Discovery Channel (ended 2011)

Fan ideas and poll

do you think ghost lab should use fan ideas?

mudlogger

[1]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 1

Hey guys,

I have been waiting a very long time for a show to be more scientific when it comes to ghost hunting. I can only speak for myself but I have had many good ideas on how to test for ghosts that I have yet to see people try on the shows that are out there and I am wondering if you are going to take fan ideas? kind of like mythbusters.

Here is an example, I saw a show once where they were tracking the sound of a guitar and they had a web with microphones so the microphones would pick up the sound at different points and different times allowing them to triangulate the sound waves, and it made me think if someone used a series of microphones along the base of 2 of the walls in a room and one going up along the corner of one of the walls in the room that was being checked for ghosts wouldn't that let you triangulate the sounds of a ghost in the room? If a "ghost" made sound in a room you could pinpoint the exact spot, and be able to tell if the noise was from inside the room that nobody was in of if it was comming from another location, not just a guess of where the sound was coming from like they do when they have only one microphone.

Am I nuts or don't you think that would work?

I know I have a load of ideas and I am sure that other fans of the ghost hunting TV shows have a lot of other good ideas as well.

Just a thought,

Scott Wright

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RobHize

[2]Sep 28, 2009

how goes it ?

So I'm sick crazed to see what you guys are going to try and the out come, from what I've seen of the shows intro's most of what your doing is what our group has done so it's awesome to see someone taking it to the next level as well.... Were tired of see groups running in the dark talking about emf readings but having no clue what type emf they have found so I hope you guys can teach the others something new... bring out the Tesla coils , indigo lights and show us what you got .

Tiger683

[3]Oct 3, 2009
    Allright guys..cant wait for your show to air...have the dvr ready.I am very amazed with the paranormal, cant get enough of it.

minnecilla

[4]Oct 6, 2009
    • level: 2

I believe in the after life and have had my own encounters. I watched your program tonight and was impressed. However you should consider that they(ghosts) are in our world all the time. You are attempting to enter their world whatever that may be. When you received the evp at the Shreveport auditorium and the ghost made the statement that "They went to the light" . I believe a ghost of possibly an old caretaker or someone in charge of entertainers?? patrons ?? Who all may have at one time haunted the place..I can imagine that at one time it would have been off the chart ghost party,but like the voice stated..."They went to the light"

Your experience at the haunted plantation....I think you were abit inconsiderate...When in the room and you heard the "cornel" "arend't you afraid" two very big men had just entered their sanctuary..talking quite loud. Im sure they felt threatened they have been existing in a very quiet rehlme. I believe you had 2 ghosts present & they were taking care of each other. COULD HAVE BEEN THE CORNELS BUTLER.Holding down the fort so to speak. Wheater they know they are dead or not is something we don't know. Whether or not they relive their last days over & over..we don't know. When they heard the comment about heading for the trees..I'm sure they all felt threatened by all of the loud people and activities. That is exactly what the instructions would have been for civilians women children and servants when under attack. Especially the reenactment of an attack...I can imagine the fear level...dejavue. Though the show was great! I only would like to receive correspondance from Ghost Lab. Minnecilla

minnecilla

[5]Oct 7, 2009

At the end when you recorded the why won't you help or can't..Makes it more obvious that They believe they were under attack. I believe he was trying to hit you when you felt something touch your neck..For a ghost it takes alot of energy to make contact hard enough for them to be felt.

minnecilla

[6]Oct 7, 2009

I think it woud be a good idea to return to the plantation in period clothing for a tea, dinner and engage your hosts. Go in earlier and set up all the equipment so it could be recorded.. Be sure to set the tables to include all your guests.No matter what transpires it would be important that you remained composed. I'D suggest you all wear diapers.lol Seriously! i'D love an invite to that dinner! I know a really good Chef! The smells of food cooking, perfume, pipe smoke may draw them in? I forget the russeling of petticoats.

Edited on 10/08/2009 2:53pm
    Edited 2 total times.

minnecilla

[7]Oct 7, 2009
    I agree....Your there to engage with the departed not freek-out.

InTexas

[8]Oct 9, 2009

Just curious... Saw the Ghost Lab setup in Galveston, TX a few weeks back at the Hotel Galvez. I've done my homework on the fifth floor and all and live not too far from there. Was wondering if you guys came out with anything good from that trip? And was it good enough for an episode? Would like to see more of what comes from that hotel and stories too... Thanx, good luck and have fun!!!

Email me some info if you got it.

Edited on 10/09/2009 1:28pm

minnecilla

[9]Oct 9, 2009
    That dinner I mentioned...It work best if the live ghost feed or evp were monitored continually so any contact that was recorded could be interpreted & transmitted to an ear piece that everyone would wear at the table. A real conversation in real time. That would be fantastic..Keep in mind probley only the men would be coversing as children were to be seen and not heard and the women would only be speaking if spoken to. Ahh the good old days.lol

amxfan

[10]Oct 11, 2009

Hi guys. Great job and professionalism in what you do. In watching many shows like yours leaves me with a few questions and I would like to take this time to ask them here.

1. Why do you not deploy thermal imaging more to help pick up on cold spots?

2. I have always wondered, since the paranormal drain battery life and engery from people, what would happen if you sat an electrical static generator in a hot spot to give the engery the paranormal needs to manifest?

3. Along the same lines as above, if you take an electro-static crystal ball, would not the electro-static be pulled to the paranormal if one passes over or by?

Again I love your show and what your doing and I guess I may have watched one too many, but I have to ask what would happen if you tried this and why you have not already.

minnecilla

[11]Oct 12, 2009
    Good idea...That may help to complete the conversation. That could be used at the dinner party. It is hard when you keep asking question when you don't know if they have answered back...and then waiting to review the audio.Having the generater their would possibly confirm that there is a presence. I think the show is closest to getting it right.Totally cool!

minnecilla

[12]Oct 13, 2009
    Tombstone..If the shadowman in the cematary was willing to show up and set off the motion detectors on command & a picture it shows that they hear us loud & clear...soooo they are obviously interested in communicating with the livivg. The pounding sound, sounded like a man walking up to the bar and ordering a drink. Choose....Choose your weapon? Maybe you were being challeged to a duel. Rather than making demands of them try having more of a conversation..using as much personal information.The tessla coil was really cool! I'm hooked. Ask the ghost if they want to have a conversation & what can you do to make it possible.
    Edited on 10/13/2009 8:52pm

moneymagnet808

[13]Oct 16, 2009
    Hello I have an idea that I feel could help get some very profound evidence. I think that all members on the cast should have a camera ready to snap photos on a moments notice at ALL TIMES! Especially when "personal experiences happen! Such as getting poked or touched the same member or another member near by should immediately start snapping photos near and around the personal experience area! I think this will definitely capture ghosts in action!

minnecilla

[14]Oct 17, 2009
    I was being a bit sarcastic about thoes good old days!
    Edited on 10/17/2009 5:28pm

minnecilla

[15]Oct 17, 2009
    How would you be able to tell the diffence from a hologram and a ghost...Say if a place was rigged?

minnecilla

[16]Oct 20, 2009
    Shadow people...Ithink were pretty arrogant to think were alone.. If they can manafest a full appareition when they want I think they are trying to communicate something to us. What are your thoughts on that..The Shara thing at the mortuary.. Quit being so hard on thoes spirts. She was willing to communicate with you. She doesn't need to be reminded of her plight.

minnecilla

[17]Oct 24, 2009
    You assumed that she was a crack head because someone told you that. She may have had another story to tell you.....

minnecilla

[18]Oct 29, 2009
    OK....YOU TELL ME YOUR GHOST STORY I'LL TELL YOU MINE.

minnecilla

[19]Oct 31, 2009
    This one is for mudlogger: Hope you read this...You know how people define ghosts and apparitions as people who are departed from their bodies... and try to come back an use their energy as something to show themselves. So they take on an illution of sorts that may have resemble themselves in their mortal life. I believe we all have like a energy type finger print wheather after death we are able to manafest it well.....the unknown. Ever since I remodeled the bathroom up stairs when ever I use the toilet I felt as if someone or something was standing very close to me. Yesterday during the day...Sun out I was sitting there tending to my business and I looked up at the pocket door, and their engrained in the wood is the head of a steer???, Looking closer there is actually a body..it is assembled in parts almost as if it had wrped it self around the tree, and I'm queit sure it is a male. My thought on this is being so cold after death the spirt went into the tree. Like the rings on the tree that expose the age of the tree....and there he stayed....His spiritual finger print. He's not going anywhere so I can't wait for you to see it. Gotta get a picture of this! lol What are your thoughts on this? I had other experiences here experienced by other people. Oh Yeah it is Halloween....OOOOOOOHHHHHHH BOO

minnecilla

[20]Nov 1, 2009
    Altho his antlers or the one closest to his head there are about 5 others that kindof go up. I'm thinking it may have been a moose on closer evaluation of the structure of the body??? Don't know. When I get a picture who can I send it to?
    Any way I won't be opening that door any more. He has a beautiful view of the woods.