Ghost Whisperer

Birthday Presence

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 25, 2009 on CBS

• Season 5 Premiere

7.7
    The fifth season of Ghost Whisperer opens with Melinda nervous that something is going to go wrong when she gives birth to her son because her due date was in some book. So they go to the hospital on that date to make sure because she is scared. Melinda has complications and has to have a C-section. So she gives birth then they jump five years in the future when her son is turning five. On his birthday Melinda is seeing a ghost of someone who gave birth to her son the same day, but she died during childbirth and believes her son's spirit went into Melinda's son. Melinda goes out to prove that her son was adopted and that he is okay. I am a first time watcher of Ghost Whisperer and I was home friday night and decided to watch it. So I have no basis on rating this based on previous episodes. But I'm really surprised they made her have a baby because to me it sounds like it will ruin the show, and not mention jumping five years in the future was probably an even worse idea, but who knows. I'll probably watch another episode if I am ever home on another friday or online.