Ghost Whisperer

Delusion of Grandview

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 06, 2009 on CBS

• I classify this episode not as a tear jerker though it made me cry, I classified it as pivotal because in many ways it is......

...This episode was a rollercoaster ride between the more comical moments with Eli, and the seriousness of the whole Jim/Sam/Melinda triangle. The ghost story itself was really good and well done. For some reason this episode/story freaked me out more then the others, especially when the "doctor" came into the picture. I don't know if it was the fact that these were psych patients or if it was that fact combined with them influencing the kids, or maybe it was the whole idea of whispering into anothers ears and twisting their thoughts.

Now onto the Jim/Sam/Melinda ordeal and first an foremost I am going to start Calling Jim/Sam, Jim. Because its like Melinda said Sam's gone and so I'm going to act like he is. Poor Jim....having no memory of his life before and then being thrust into a world which he doesn't really believe exists has to be exceedingly difficult. You could really see how it was Affecting Jim, how overwhelmed he was and how he was trying to believe and understand for Mel's sake. And when she told him that he wasn't Sam but Jim it was the final straw and you could actually see it in his eyes the moment it happpened, the moment when he gave up and stopped trying. I was crying throughout this entire scene feeling a mixture of emotions varying from Anger to sadness, to hopelessness. But that Final scene where she tells Jim to get out for me was what made this episode so piviotal. Since Jim's death and self induced reincarnation Melinda has been so hopeful of getting Jim Back. While everyone else around her was also hopeful but more realistic in understanding that Jim might never remember who he was before. And now the tables are turned its Mel who's given up hope and I knew the moment she gave it up to because once again it was piortrayed in her eyes and her actions. When Jim tells her she needs professional Help. I do believe that's the time when she decided that like Sam, HER Jim was gone. Because her Jim would never tell her that if he was even there in the slightest.

And if I thought I had been crying before it was times 2 compared to the couple scenes before. Such a pivotal moment for now their relationship has hit rock bottom and is moving side to side now the only direction to go is, up. At least i hope so......

Also the "doctor" at the very last scene has got me wondering....will he start whispering in Melinda's ear now that she is at her most vulnerable? If so what will he whisper? And how will it affect her?

these are all questions that hopefully will have some light shed on next week. But as for this episode I give it ten because its such a wonderful balance of plot and drama. Something that most shows can't eveen do for one episode, always having to sacrifice one to be able to move the other foward. This episode proved that, that wasn't the case.