Ghost Whisperer

First Do No Harm

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 18, 2008 on CBS

• A ghost is mad at Jim...

Right before a building collapse Jim has to make a decision on whose life to save, a man, already dying and pinned or a man who is just dazed and confused. He, of course, chooses the dazed and confused man. Now the ghost is supposed to be mad at Jim, that is the way it was written and said in the promos but alas, this isn't the case. No, the ghost is mad at a "nurse". He tells Melinda that she killed him. Jim and Mel find out that the "nurse" is really a doctor who in fact did kill the man, at his request. A filler episode in my book and while exciting, just didn't live up to the hype that it was Jim being haunted. I hate it when I'm directly misled...
  • I liked this one, it shows another side of Jim.

When you go into a building, you want to save everyone but somethings it's not possible, it just isn't. And they are right, decisions have to be made and that's what he did.

And Melinda, she was so worried about the ghost, it looked so much has he was after him and not the "nurse"...

And Joe, poor Joe, opening his heart to the ghost thinking he was his brother and turns out he wasn't... That must have been embarrassing not just to him but to Melinda too.

And Jim, that speech he gave, all those things, it was felt, I liked it. That is a great side of Jim.

And at the end, the ghost was the young self of Nora's patient that she helped. The truth came out and it ended well.
    And Jim got his wish, he wanted to explain to the guys family what happened and he did. Those words meant it all.
  • Jim thinks the ghost of the man he didn't save is haunting him.

I thought the episode was interesting. I liked how real it was that Jim did not save the trapped man because he felt the other guy had a better chance. It is a well known fact that you can't save everyone. Also, I liked how they changed the direction of the plot by making the nurse/doctor the target of the ghost.
    The only thing that makes this episode seem weird to me is the chemistry between Jim and Melinda. I think that Melinda lately only talks to Jim when it has something to do with a ghost and she tends to ignore his affection. For example, it seemed like he couldn't stop touching her at one point and she'd just blow it off and continue solving her ghost thing. Now it's like he gave up. In the entire episode the only affection came when Jim blew her a kiss and they hugged at the end. Come to think of it I don't think they kissed each other at all the last 4 or 5 episodes. I could be wrong. I just find it weird because normally tv married couples at least hug or kiss when they leave out the house or go somewhere. The best chemistry came when they argued. Oh well just some random thoughts. Overall the episode was interesting.
  • Not a great episode but good filler for what would've been the 3 month push till the end of the season. This one gave us a rarely seen conflict between Jim and Melinda. Jim feeling useless after leaving a man to die to save another. This

Not a great episode but good filler for what would've been the 3 month push till the end of the season. This one gave us a rarely seen conflict between Jim and Melinda. Jim feeling useless after leaving a man to die to save another. This makes him overreact when Melinda doesn't tell him she thinks a ghost is trailing him to spare his feelings. In the end we find that the ghost wasn't after him but a nurse he works with and we learn that ghost can change their appearance at will. This was discovered after some good misdirection of whether there were two ghost or one. A good stand alone episode in what should've been another on the way to the end of the season.
  • While the interaction between Melinda and her husband at times felt 'forced', Joe Grimaldi stole the show, making it fun to watch.

The premise was interesting. Melinda's husband has to leave a man behind in a building, then watch the building blow up. However, the interaction and 'tension' between the couple seemed fake or false.

What really stole the show was Melinda getting Joe Grimaldi to believe the man was his brother. Added to that, the scene in the hospital when Joe is pouring his heart out to his brother, only to find out the ghost isn't his brother is absolutely priceless.

Overall, the episode could have been better, but it could have been worse. It had a few moments worth watching, but watching the non-existent tension between Melinda and her husband was a little boring.
  • WOW!! Never saw it coming!!

So this I have to say is one of the only REALLY sweet episodes this season (other than the finale) where we finally got to see a lot of Jim, those episodes are the best where him and Mel are together because that's one of the main points of this show is how in love they are and there have not been a lot of Mel/Jim moments this season until the finale when Jim was protecting Mel it was so sweet especially his speech to the ghost in his room and then Mel pretending she didn't hear him! Favorite episode this season I can't wait until next season!!

XOXO
  • The best part of the episode was the million twists and turns!

This was quite an interesing episode of Ghost Whisperer. I thought the storyline was very interesting, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The ghost seemd quite straightforward from the beginning, but the storyline changed around on so many occasiosn, that it became very unpredictable right up until the end!

There were some great moments, and this episoe was a nice way to see more o f Jim. I really enjoyed the episode wquite a lot, and I can't wait for this seaon to continue, as it has been sublime, thus far!

Keep it up Ghots Whisperer. Definitely an episode that I would recommend and love to watch again! Amazing show, and an amazing episode!