Ghost Whisperer

Heart & Soul

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 21, 2008 on CBS

• Jim steps in a fatal accident victim named Sam and wakes with amnesia. Sam's family believing him to be their son, come to take him home. Delia feels Melinda is in denial of her grief over her loss of Jim and their friendship may come to an end.

This is exactly why I love this show! Not even Jim finding another body exactly, but the way Delia comes to finally understand and appreciate what Melinda really does was done masterfully. I was so choked up. Serendipity-you just have to love it. Honestly, Sam (Jim) showing up for he and Ned's usual Monday basketball practice that they kept just between the two of them, was absolutely priceless. Delia stopping by to see Ned and finding Sam (Jim) instead and realizing that it really was Jim's spirit in Sam's body-priceless. Delia's character had been so resistant to Melinda's gift that I doubt she would have ever believed this possible otherwise. This was an example of great writing because it was not predictable and not corny. Kudos, my hats are off to you all for this episode.
OXYGN