Ghost Whisperer

Lost In The Shadows

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 20, 2009 on CBS

• Is Jim getting more annoying? Why would he refuse to talk about the elephant in the room and pretend that Aiden isn't gifted? The poor kid will then have to face everything alone, just like he did this episode

I can't imagine a meaner thing to do to a kid. Weird things are happening, and his father gives him all the verbal and physical hints that its not ok to talk about that stuff with his mom and dad. What an awful father. What does he think? if Jim and Melinda pretend really hard that Aidenis normal, and not "hear" anything he says thats odd, that Aiden will stop seeing scary stuff? he won't. If Jim allowed Melinda to ask the right questions Aiden wouldn't have been in trouble this episode. Which would be less exiting, sure. But always going with the plot that Aiden knows stuff, but Jim won't let him talk about it with him or his mom is getting irritating.

• I'll give it a 10 and let me tell you why. First is that from start to finish of this episode the suspense never stopped.

It's my first time to give a review on a TV series and I hope you'll understand if sometimes on this article you'll get lost in my words.

OK for starters I'll apologize to those who haven't seen this episode yet if I may slip some spoilers on this case.

To rate this episode 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest. I'll give it a 10 and let me tell you why. First is that from start to finish of this episode the suspense never stopped. A few twist and turns in the middle to add a little flavor on it. This episode also gives a lot of moral lesson on how parents should handle their kids at a very delicate stage. Melinda(Jennifer Love Hewitt) as a mother to Aiden portraits a very loving and protective mother to her son. If you do have kids on your own you can feel how Melinda and Jim worry about their son.

See Full Review: http://dailydoseinfo.blogspot.com/2009/11/tv-ghost-whisperer-season-5-episode-9.html
  • Very suspenseful and emotional!

This was a highly enjoyable episode of the show, and perhaps my favorite from this season so far. I loved the storyline, and I felt that the episode was thoroughly well-written, which culminated into a very interesting episode.

I do think that the concept of the show is becoming too complicated, especially with the 'Shinies' and 'Shadows', and I think that that is removing a lot fomr the show, but I still find it to be quite interesting, and it was a very good plot.

I would highly recommend this episode, as it is a relatively new concept and this sort of episode realy hasn't been done before. Great episode!
  • One of the best of the season.

7.7
    Very strong episode of Ghost Whisperer this season and this show is quickly proving me wrong and turning into a potentially strong year after a fairly dismal start by most standards. The episode was really fast-moving and did not feature the usual boring revelations about a ghost's past for 20 minutes. The show just kept moving and kept introducing new levels to the shadows/"shinies" war and now the show has a number of angles for which they can address it.

This was essentially Ghost Whisperer's version of a hostage crisis episode, that most dramas do, except it featured a solo kidnapping. But as far as adrenaline pumping excitement, it was definitely up there.
  • Best of Ghost Whisperer !!!

A girl named Julia, who recently died from leukemia, starts to haunt Aidan until he vanishes. With everyone scared about the boy's whereabouts, they learn that the deceased girl felt sorry for having killed her friend, who was being treated at the same hospital as her. Aidan follows Julia to a secluded area where the Shadows come to pay a visit. Melinda and Jim are rushing to find the boy before the ghost does any harm to him, or anyone else than her. Ghost Whisperer
    Fridays 8:00pm Eastern - Pacific / 7:00pm Central
    Began: September 23, 2005
    Starring:
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    David Conrad
    Jay Mohr
    Camhryn Manheim
  • Most certainly the best GW episode of all time

I don't even know where to start. The setting and whole situation of the episode was so intense that I was sitting like on needles the whole time. The Shadow storyline is becoming the major part of the show and after Julia's crossing-over I think it's safe to say that there will be some kind of war: Melinda, Aiden, Shinies /vs/ Shadows. If I understand correctly then the Shadows are the ones responsible for all the evil ghosts because they somehow enhance all the negative feelings in a ghost. Their defeat would mean the end of Ghost Whisperer if my theory is correct because there would be no more angry ghosts (or maybe no ghosts at all because they would all go straight into the light). Also I really liked the appearance of the Shadows - they are like bug puppets from a shadow theatre. Very appropriate. The Shinies on the other hand are like aliens and I didn't like them as much.

Of course this episode was a great addition to the mythology of the show but also the actors did a great job. I really liked that all the characters appeared in Melinda's hour of need. It was also great to see how Eli and Melinda finally revealed their secret to Detective Blair. The chaotic search was the best idea in this show since the third season's Underground.

All in all I am really happy to see what a great job the cast and the creators did in this episode. I am 100% impressed by this episode.
  • Aidan disappears with a troubled ghost being chased by the Shadows

Julia, a young girl who died from leukemia, starts haunting Aidan, and when Melinda and Jim try to chase her away, Aidan disappears. With everyone shocked about Aidan's vanishing, they discover that the little girl was accusing herself of killing her friend. The Shadows are after the little girl, but Aidan's the only one who can help her. d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d e ee rt f f f f f f dd d dd d d d dd s s
  • OH MY GOD...

i cannot believe how unbelievable this episode was!!! i was on the edge of my seat for the whole 45 minutes!!! this episode was really full on! Julia who died kidnaps Aiden and takes him some place where she thinks is safe from the shadows! when the shadows tried to get into Julia, that scene was just so well done i couldnt take my eyes off the screen. and we get a glimpse at the shiny people that aiden sees. melinda and jim played a fantastic role in this episode!! it was just like what would happen if your own child ran away or kidnapped. even delia, ned and eli played an awesome part in helping solve the case!! overall, unbelievable fantastic 9th episode of the season and i cant wait for more of these episodes!