Oversight in the Ghostbusters change sequence

TVvuer69

[1]Apr 12, 2006
    • level: 58
    One of the most amusing aspects of this series was that hilarious change sequence when the guys go from their regular clothes into their uniforms. One part though that sort of got screwed up is the fact that when the guys are placed on the web, it zaps off everything but their boxer shorts as well as their shoes and socks. The latter comes to question with the fact that in the next shots, their footwear is gone anyway. Just how or when did they vanish? Notice that Jake sits on a chair barefoot as the slidewalk takes him to the changing box. In Eddie's case, a giant bony foot kicks him off the web and he's instantly barefoot as he drops to the changing box as well. There's no evidence that indicate when the shoes vanish. I hope someday one of the animators (or someone else) could explain this.

One thing I wish they could have done was to have the sequence done in reverse. Not just playing the sequence backward, but have the guys having come home from a long day's work and then changing out of their uniforms into their regular clothes. It would have been interesting to see that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stephen9286

[2]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 5

ok! 

Gladrius

[3]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 21
    I've wondered what that would've looked like too.

1980srule

[4]Sep 6, 2010
    • level: 23

How did Jake and Eddie change from their GB Uniforms back into their regular clothes at the end of some episodes? This has always stumped me.