G.I. Joe

In the Presence of Mine Enemies

Aired Weekdays 3:00 PM Nov 19, 1986 on

• Enimy Mine

This is another episode I think is a bit underrated and is worth at least a try. It's basically the two characters from different sides of the spectrum getting trapped on an island together. This is a format that's been done dozens of times, but this one is one of the ones that are good and are an honorable mention in my book.

The only setback with this epiosde in my book is
    the choice in G.I. Joe protagonist Slipstream whom I feel is miscast. First of all I don't know who the heck he is and I find his character rather bland which made the dynamic between him and Raven a bit diluted. The main character of the episode should have been Ace it would of made the chemistry between the two better which would of made it sort of almost a romance comidy like "Swept Away" cause I could imagine Raven warming up to Ace's persona. Now for the good parts, the action is good, that Cobra lab seems to have supprises and traps, and secrets everywhere they go it's almost like a video game which makes it all the more tense because you hope the two can survive.

The theme of this episode is realy about knowing who your real enimies are. Raven really steels the show (shame there wasn't a good third season more could have been built on her) whom is feisty, smart, and hot. She has a stuburness that can be unforgiving sometimes, in fact that is her main weekness that gets her into trouble. She obvious still believes in Cobra (reasons why are never explored) so we see her do a few things as well as hold certain information back. But she does learn the hard why her efforts are for nothing as she discovers Cobra has no intention of helping her. And that's what an enimy is, an enimy is somebody that endangers a persons life. Slipstream isn't an enimy he's a friend because a friend must always do their best to help a person in need. He could of just left her out to die but he didn't, he helped the woman because she was injured. I think without a friend Raven would of died, she learns in the end it's better to have friends than enimies.