G.I. Joe

Nightmare Assault

Aired Weekdays 3:00 PM Oct 30, 1986 on

• Dream Warriors

This was another rather strange but interesting episode, it's not a new format it's been done in films like underrated gems "Dreamscape" and "The Cell". I really liked this episode because it truely had a surreal and unsettling atmosphere to it, which made it almost scary (at least when I was a kid).

I like how each of the dreams are made up, they all are strange and have a sense of danger whenever Dr.Mindbender is manipulating the outcome. I don't want to give what happens in any of them away you have to see it for yourself.

I really like how the character Low Light was used and sadly this is one of the only major uses of that character. He's mysterious, quiet, no nonsense and almost sounds like "Clint Eastwood". My favorate was seeing Low Light's dream, from the tone of his father it almost suggest that Low Light might have had an abusive father. We then see him having to fight these giant rat cars, which I thought was cool almost reminded me of the horror film "Maximum Overdrive" where humans had to fight against trucks.

When you close your eyes the adventure begins.