G.I. Joe

(ended 1986)

TVvuer69

G.I. Joe Fan Reviews (23)

• Yo Joe!

Under the shadow of Ronald Reagan came G I Joe.
    this is a great show because it depicts the struggle between good and evil and it does it with a style and maturity that blows modern cartoons out of the water. Yes, there are cheesy moments and some bad lines. There is the type-cast "Dignified Indian" character who isn't allowed to escape camera range without posing serenely and imparting something profound and prophetic and overwhelmingly Indian, while his bald eagle with inexplicably white wing feathers and brown tailfeathers perches nobly on his shoulder. And it doesn't make sense that the foley people were able to find genuine stock effects for said eagle and other animals such as cougars and crows and lions, but a person had to perform the whining and growling and barking for the Rottweiler in the show. And no one will ever understand how you can run through a dense barrage of laser fire without being grazed in the slightest, or parachute safely through the fireball of an exploding helicopter without the flames damaging the chute.
    It is amazing looking back at this show now and se the obvious political overtone in regards to the likes of the Cold War. Even though I still loved it.