G.I. Joe

(ended 1986)

TVvuer69

G.I. Joe Fan Reviews (24)

• A show for the ages, marked not by its quality, but rather its influence. Let's face it, the animation and dialogue were not great, but nearly every boy knows G.I. Joe and has played with the action figures. That's where this show's true value lies.

A show for the ages, marked not by its quality, but rather its influence. Let's face it, the animation and dialogue were not great, but nearly every boy knows G.I. Joe and has played with the action figures. That's where this show's true value lies. Now, if you were to examine this show using modern day standards, it would get terrible reviews. Its plots are semi redundant, its dialogue corny, and its animation quality is only satisfactory, but for its time, it was the norm and even above average. The fact that this show was able to spread like wildfire among all little boys out there and build a merchandise fanbase as well is what sets this show apart.

My final review: You cannot watch this show expecting it to match the quality of modern cartoons, but if you go in expecting the cornball style of the 80's mixed with 80's quality, you will be pleased and find a highly entertaining show that is sure to refresh memories of your childhood.