Gilligan's Island Forums

CBS (ended 1967)

Ginger and Gilligan

pharaohbrett

[1]Aug 31, 2006
    • level: 9
    In the tv bio-pic about the show under episode guide, it says "when Ginger seduces Gilligan in this episode..". What does that mean? She seduced him in real life? Or there was a episode where that happened?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

borisbalinkoff

[2]Sep 3, 2006
    • level: 22
    There are countless episodes in which Ginger seduces men--generally Gilligan. She does this when she wants some favor or some item. Gilligan often backs up and hits a pole and slides down it. It was never real "seduction".

my_life_rules_6

[3]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 7
    Ya I always found that funny she would act all lovey dovey on them and Gilligan would just get all yikes!

TasForMayor

[4]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 21
    Poor Gilligan
    How old was he supposed to be in the context of the show?

TasForMayor

[5]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 21
    Yep, Ginger was all wrong for him

aheflin

[7]Feb 12, 2007
    • level: 1
    To Gilligan, that was seduction. I imagine no woman had ever poured it on like Ginger did to him. If he wasn't such a goober, he probably could have gotten Mary Ann. Who else was she going to date on the island, the Japanese sailor?

mashgirl18

[8]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 3
    well Ginger would go to Gilligan if she wanted a favor and would flirt and get all lovey dovey and Gilligan would get all nervous and hit his head on a pole or tree and pass out or just run away from her.

tvking1

[9]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 42
    Some things that appear funny on TV shows or movies (like Moe clobbering his fellow Stooges) would not be funny in real life.To seduce someone in order to procure a favor is funny on TV. In real life it would be mean and heartless. That might make Ginger look mean, but then what about Mr. Howell's greed? It would be anything but funny in real life, but on TV it's lovable. Gilligan's Island is pure escapism.

revbucky

[10]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 22
    tvking1 wrote:
    Some things that appear funny on TV shows or movies (like Moe clobbering his fellow Stooges) would not be funny in real life.To seduce someone in order to procure a favor is funny on TV. In real life it would be mean and heartless.

You're right!

KEVINT1964

[11]May 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    In all those situations, if you look at them objectively, the motive was strictly manipulation. In a show like this, it's played for laughs, particularly when Gilligan knocks himself unconscious in many instances trying to avoid the closing "kiss". Gilligan's character was designed to be incompetent and inexperienced, and this included interacting with women. However, if Ginger's "seduction" as intended were done in real-life, it would be cruel & "playing" the guy to get what she wants. Ginger had no interest in Gilligan, & once she got what she was wanting, the "seduction" ended and went no further. What a surprise. (It was also the 1960's, so it couldn't go any further, thanks to the censors.). Now if "Gilligan's Island" were being produced today, image how far & risque those seductions would go.

mcabbyforever

[12]May 7, 2009
    • level: 15

TasForMayor wrote:
    Poor Gilligan How old was he supposed to be in the context of the show?

On wikipedia it says little buddy is 22 when the show began (Bob is 32)

Porr Gilligan, probably still at the naive part in his life where he thinks girls are boring or something like that. Only one of the cast who seemed interested in our pretty movie star and cute farmgirl was the Skipper. Professor had his books, Mr Howell had his wife (Though I think he really enjoyed Ginger's voice and sexy dancing) and Gilligan just wanted to catch a butterfly not a girl

I think MaryAnn liked Gilligan more. As said before me Ginger just used what the good lord gave her to get what she wanted (no wonder she was famous) I personally hated how Ginger was made in the rescue movie. What a dumb girl who played her. She made her so boring, stupid and just lousy acting skills.

archangelwho

[13]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 18
    From all I have seen & read Tina Louise and Bob Denver really disliked each other. Louise viewed the show as "Ginger Island" and let the reat of the cast know it which did not set well with Denver.