Gilligan's Island

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Oct 31, 1966 on CBS

• Gilligan's hair turns white overnight. When the Skipper, Professor and Mrs. Howell attempt to dye his hair back, it falls out instead. Things get worse as the Skipper's hair falls out.

This is one of the episodes that I remember well enough to review it. Although it isn't exactly funny, there are some parts of it that kept me watching. I like the entire idea of going "from bad to worse" when they try to fix Gilligan's hair problem and only make it worse. This episode ranks as an average one, but it's not exactly the best. (or the worst for that matter)
  • Hilarious

When the Skipper's and Gilligan's hair fall out, it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. They looked like two cue balls. Everything on the island always happens to either the Skipper or Gilligan. It was only fitting that these two should go through it together. The comic timing between the two of them is magnificent. I only regret that they only had three seasons. How could CBS have passed on this great series? Surely there was one crap show they could have gotten rid of to make room for Gilligan's Isle. If not, someone else could have bought the series.