Gilligan's Island

CBS (ended 1967)

Carolee99

Gilligan's Island Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Gilligan's Island was a great show, with an amazing cast

Gilligan's Island was about 7 unlikey castaways, two rich people (Mr & Mrs Howell) a movie star (Ginger), a professor, a skipper, a first mate, and whatever Mary Ann did I can't remember. Anyways the main plot of the show always invloved them trying to get off of the island, and every time they come close Gilligan somehow messes it up. The show was very funny and even though it was on and off before I was born, I still enjoy the reruns from time to time.

Overall: a great show with an all star-cast.

• About a group of people who are shipwrecked on a deserted island and can't find a way off.

Although this show was already off the air before I was born I use to always watch the reruns with my grandmother. It was one of my favorites and I just loved Ginger. I had always wondered if they'd ever get off the island, and later when I stopped seeing the old reruns I wondered how did the professor create all those things but couldn't create a boat to get them off the island?
  • This show is about 7 stranded castaways who have found the courage to work together and became great friends over the years of being stranded on a small island

This is like the best show on earth. Ever since I was young enough to know what tv is I have watched it with interest. The whole \"stranded on an island and who knows when we will ever get off\" has struck me with interest. I was always like well can\'t they just swim off or something but i guess its not that simple. And the characters are just amazing all of them really . So very different yet they grow on each other and learn to work together and get along it is to sweet. Best show ever 10 out of 10 stars.
  • A show about people stranded on a deserted island after their boat is shipwrecked.

I know why I watched ... for Mary Anne and her cute little outfits. The show itself had a silly premise and a lot of overacting. Several people came and went from the island without ever helping the castaways get home themselves.

Lots of crazy stunts and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Bob Denver stared as Gilligan and Alan Hale Jr. played the Skipper Jonas Grumby. Natalie Schafer and Jim Backus played a married couple that happend to be millionaires. Russell Johnson played the Professor Roy Hinkley, Jr. The eye candy on the island was the two young ladies. Tina Louise played a movies star named Ginger Grant and Dawn Wells was the cute Mary Ann Summers.
  • OK, so not technical the best writing or acting but c'mon! This show rocks!

7.9
    This is one of my favorite shows ever. I don't care how old I get or how many times I've seen each episode I still end up laughing. The whole premise is surprisingly simplistic. Seven people stranded on a desert island. If it were to be done today it would be quite depressing as we would see all the problems and personal issues amoung each character. Lucky for us this was made in the 60s when comedy was comedy.
  • This Show is about people who end up on an Island.

wow i like, so love this show. it makes me laugh out loud. you should be wacting this already. i mean it. this show is really really funny and cool. it is like a blast from the past. i started to watch this when i was really little and i still am.
  • Classic.

This show is awesome. So much better than The Real Gilligans Island. The Real Gilligans Island is intresting, but it does not compare with the original show. The difference? This was an adventure. The other is an elimentation game where contestants who like the characters from the original show try to get rescued. Overall, the original is better.
  • Nightare of a Hamster Wheel!!!

Sorry but shows like Lost in Space with Dr Smith and Gilligans Island where no one can get anywhere cos some dumb a$$ keeps screwing up drive me INSANE!!! I do still recall the theme song though! Very catchy in a dastardly way... And til this day whenever I get in a lift I look at whoever is in their with me and wonder should the elevator break down... If these will be teh crew of my old Gilligan\'s Island. There\'s a show for you seven people stuck in a lift shaft... PS: Wasn\'t that Baccus guy in Rebel Without A Cause? Did he do any other comedies???
  • why was this show so popular. it makes ablsoulty no sence what so ever.

this show made ablsoulty no sence. how could they make exersise macines and radios and pies and other studd like that if they cant even build a boat. and why did all those people always get on the island. couldnt they get off with those people. basically i hate this show and it's not funny and its a complite waste of time.
  • "Gilligan's Island"

This show was funny and stupid at the same time, it was a good show on people lost on a unincharted island. Gilligan was so funny when he was with the skipper it put a smile on my face when i watched it. it got to be funny even when they said nothing.
  • Great show

It would be very cool to see a spin off from this show. I always loved it growing up. I\'d love to sede them have a storyline maybe involving children of gilligans island. I\'d write the people inolved in the rights to the show and mention my idea...but I think I would get laughed at or not taken seriously.
  • I love this show!

I still catch myself humming to the theme of Gilligan's Island! I love this show, I watched it as I was growing up. Who could of thought a show about people stuck on an island be such a hit? This show always made me laught and I loved each of the characters. My favorite was the Professor always thought he was cute. I wonder if they have it on DVD, I have not looked, but it they do be sure to get it! You will not regret it! This show will always stay dear to my heart because it reminds me of my childhood.
  • This is one of the most timeless comedies ever made. Unlike MASH, which very quickly turned from comedy to social commentary, Gilligan was a very humorous show from year one through year 3.

Gilligan's Island is one of the very fews that actually got better with each year. Without question, year one is the weakest of the three years. These shows are so timeless that my 10 year-old daughter loves them. I've seen them so many times that I know which episode is being shown in the first 30 seconds. Part of its greatness lies in the complete disparity between the characters. There is no one single funny guy on the show; at times, each one delivers a great one-liner, particularly Thurston and Skipper. If you've ever seen the pilot, you realize how correct they were to eliminate the two nurse characters and replace them with Ginger and Mary Ann. I absolutely love this show and own all three years on DVD.
  • Ahead of the times!

• MY FAVORITE TV SHOW

Sherwood Shwartz is a great writer Gilligan is the funniest most clever tv show and it sends u a message of survival. Gilligan the kooky sailor may Bob Denver rest in peace........The skipper hoo was 1 of my favorite characters may alan hale rest in peace The proffesor the man hoo made a lie ditector lol another 1 of my favs Ginger the sex appeal Marriyanne the farm girl and the howeels the back bone to the group that were hilarious may Natilee shaefer and Jim Bacheous rest in peace
  • Loved it, Grew up watching it.

I grew up on the reruns of this series,and I must say I love it. It was a very unique idea for a series, and the idea was carried out very well. What I especially enjoy about it is the Laurel and Hardy like relationship between Gilligan and the Skipper. Everyone associated with the series should be proud of it, and I do believe they were done wrong by the CBS network when they were canceled before a final "rescue" episode. All we ended up with was a not as good "rescue" movie that wasn't done very well ( but i really do like the idea of going out with a bang...moive ), and that we had to wait twelve years for on top of that. Thank goodness we still have the old reruns, where we can look in on our stranded friends, and the same old episodes never seem to get old. And also let othe generations see how a comedy is suposed to be... Its A classic.
  • An all-time classic

This show has been off the air for nearly thirty years and made less than a hundred episodes, yet it has been shown somewhere every single dayfor as long as I can remember. It has been the punchline for countless jokes yet remains one of the most beloved series of all time. I love this show, yet I don't know why. It's just one of those shows that, much like The Brady Bunch, is part of our lives and our culture.
  • I love the idea of living on an island without modern conveniences.

I really love getting away from society and just enjoy the pleasures of seeing those who can survive without electricity, with the exception of Mr. Howell's radio, build their own bamboo water pipes and all those of the Professor's creations. I love the bond of a true family among the Castaways and how they work through their differences. They show good faith and trust toward each other, which we sadly miss out on today. When they were temporarily rescued, one can see how the world has gone from moral to immoral. It reminds one how great they've been to each other and how much happier we can all be without the unnecessary stress we put on ourselves and on those around us. I feel the show puts out a really positive message, in that sense. The humor in it is just as healthy.
  • Absolutely Classic!@

What else can you say about a TV show that you can recite word-for-word, watch every single episode over and over and over...and still laugh your butt off?! Just sit right back and I'll tell you. This is a classic example of what great television was, is, and should be.
  • 7 Castaways are stranded on an uncharted island. These castaways are Gilligan, (the first mate) the Skipper, millionaires Mr. and Mrs. Howell, Ginger Foutley (a movie star), a farm girl named Marianne and a Professor. The series shows their failed attempt

This show is no doubt one of the best cancelled shows out there. The set is very well made, and for a 60's sitcom, it really DID look like the castaways were on an island. Most of the actors were funny and were able to say and do funny things that livened the show up. On some occassions, someone else wound up on the island with the castaways and managed to escape, only to forget or not tell everyone when they get back to civilization about the island. Probably the funnest part of the show is seeing the castaways attempt to get off the island. It turns into a guessing game when they have a plan to get off the island. No matter how good that plan is and no matter how easy it is to do, the show keeps you guessing "How will they mess this one up?". (it's mostly Gilligan who foils everything) This is probably the greatest cancelled show for CBS and remains a classic to this very day.
  • This show is absolutely classic. Nuff said.

I think the fact that this show is still funny after forty years is a testament to just how great it really is. Granted it's a bit campy and there are some rather gaping plotholes (radio made from a coconut, but can't patch a hole in the boat?) but you can't help but love it. The show is really zany when you think of all the contrivances that the writer's created to get the castaways so close to getting off the island so many times. In its own time, probably one of the most original ideas for a sitcom. Despite its flaws, this show is truly a classic and I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like it.
  • This show is my all time favorite.

I have watched Gilligan's Island since I was old enough to laugh. I have seen every episode at least 20 times (that number could be low). My favorite episode is the one where the Mosquitoes visit the island. When I was younger I loved that kind of music. As I have grown older though, My music love is Country.
  • i love this show . it so cool . its a good a idea that their remking it

i love this show . it so cool . its a good a idea that their remaking it. their no more show like this so classic. again i say i love this show . it so cool . its a good a idea that their remaking it. their no more show like this so classic.
  • One Of Those Crazy Comedies Of The 1960's!

O.k. after the 3 hour tour, the ocean getting rough, and the grounded on the shore of this,the fun begains.
    Bob Denver plays the lovable bumbling first mate Gilligan, Alan Hale does a great job as the Skipper of the S.S. Minnow,and the passengers Jim Bacus and Natalie Schafer as Millionare Thurston Howell III,and wife Lovey,Tina Lousie as movie star Ginger Grant,Russal Simmons as Roy Hinkley better known as the Professor and Dawn Welles as Mary Ann Summers.
    The plots of the show was simply Gilligan got into trouble somehow, or the occansional guest star somehow tries tohelp our heros off the Island, but always seem to fail in the last moment.
    The series never won any awards but won he hearts of many People.
  • This is the show that taught MacGyver and the A-Team how to be resourceful, and gave CBS the idea for their comic blockbuster, Survivor.

This is the epitome of the sitcom. No show is more comedic, and what a situation these characters find themselves in! Such a diverse group of passengers on the same three-hour cruise, can you imagine? Suspend your disbelief and fasten your life preservers, because this show is always one heck of a laugh. Of course Gilligan is a favorite, but I always wanted to be the professor, makin' crazy stuff out of grass reeds and coconut shells and completely uninterested in the women cooing over him. I know it sounds mean, but deep down inside I never wanted that lovable group of castaways to find their way off the island, because they were already stranded in my heart.
1 2 >