Gilligan's Island

CBS (ended 1967)

Carolee99

Gilligan's Island Fan Reviews (55)

• The writers did quite a bit with the limit of a deserted island. I loved the humor and the clean fun of this show. The cast worked well together and make the show enjoyable for children and adults alike.

I grew up watching Gilligans Island with my brothers. The show is very entertaining and fun in a silly sort of way. I loved the original cast and felt they had great chemistry. The show was dropped unexpectantly. Don't know the reason for that. I think the cast could have continued with this show for many more seasons. I do wish the show was accessible on re-runs though. I have a satellite and cannot pick up old episodes of the show. I did always wonder why the Professor could rig up so many interesting devices with local produce (coconuts, bananas, etc.) but couldn't ever find a way to get the boat repaired so they could leave the island. And, why did they all have so much luggage, clothes, etc. when they were only going on a "three hour tour"? Ah, those were the days............