Gilmore Girls

Back in the Saddle Again

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Apr 23, 2002 on The WB

• Rory recruits Richard to help with her economics project and he and Paris get along smashingly. Also, Dean fears he is loosing Rory and tries desperately to hold on to her. Lorelai cause trouble between Michel and his mother, Giselle.

Madeline: (points to Brad) Well, he looks like he's built one! Brad: I've never built a robot! Louise: (leans over toward him) But you've tried haven't you? Brad: (reluctantly) Yes I have. There is some classic Madeline and Louise quotage in this episode. They are, once again, hilarious. Paris is particularly neurotic and by the end of the episode, I wanted to smack her, so I guess the writers did their job. And alas, sweet Dean. How sad he is in this episode. His desperate attempts to keep Rory in his life are heart-wrenching and they do a very good job of illustrating their growing distance from each other. Also, the mom from The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air guest stars. Is it sad that her only two television roles have been playing someone's annoying mom? Yes. But was it fun to see her back on TV again! No, not really. But I figured I'd mention it anyway.
ABCFAM