Gilmore Girls

Bon Voyage

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM May 15, 2007 on The WB

• Rory gets a job (just not the one she thought she wanted) and says goodbye to Stars Hollow and her family, Luke and Lorelai share a long anticipated kiss all in the final episode of the much loved Gilmore Girls.

I truly love this episode. I'm not sure it I wanted this to be the last episode of the series, however I am glad that we got some form of closure. As much as I wold have loved Jess to swoop in and sweep Rory off her feet, I am glad that the series finished with Rory being single, afterall the series is about the relationship about the mother and daughter relationship.
    I wonder what crystal ball the writers of the episode were looking into,as Rory embarked on the campaign trail with Barack Obama. After seeing all the successes Rory has achieved, it was exciting to see her embark on something that wasnt in her plan but was close to her dream none the less.
    Finally, something that the majority of Gilmore Girls fans wanted-Lorelai and Luke back together. I havnt always been a fan of the couple, particularly of the way Luke was depicted in season 6, but i am glad that we got a snapshot of them back together. One scene that stands out to me was between Rory and Lane. I have always loved their friendship, and it was a perfect way for them to say goodbye. All in all, a great episode, I hope a gilmore girls movie will be in the works, because I miss the world that was beautifully created.