Gilmore Girls

Concert Interruptus

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Feb 15, 2001 on The WB

• Lorelai takes Rory and some friends to a Bangles concert. Such a brilliant episode, this is why I watch the show.

I loved this episode, it is definitely my favourite so far. I don't know, just the whole feel of it was really good. The rummage sale was a really good part, with Lorelai complaining about giving up clothes and it was cool to see a few things. I thought Rory was school was enjoyable, seeing her actually kind of getting along with some class mates, bar Paris, who still seems fairly iffy on the idea.

Tristan is an ass but it is interesting to see him liking Rory and she not liking him. You kind of feel for Parris, Tristan using her to make Rory jealous, which didn't work.
    Lane trying to get her mother to let her go to the concert was funny, calling it a play instead of a concert. I liked her rant about a lie and a non lie.

When Luke flips out on Lorelai about wearing a jacket she found, I was interested to see what this was about. Then Sookie tells Lorelai about Rachel, the 'Elle McPherson' like ex girlfriend of Luke's. I found Lorelai's jealously really enjoyable. I wonder if we'll ever see Rachel.

It was good to see Rory getting on with Madeline and Louise while doing the debating work. It was interesting how at this point, Rory thought she could be friends with those two but after the concert its actually Paris who seems to be the one closer to Rory.

Lorelai and Sookie were amusing at the concert, in fits of laughter. Paris obviously wasn't surprised at her friends sneaking off, but Rory was, how stupid are they. Anyway, I loved Lorelai crashing the party to find the girls 'get out of my way, Skippy!' very funny.

So this was a brilliant episode, I wonder if Paris will become friends with Rory and Lane ... when are Lorelai and Luke going to get together?!