Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Chris or Luke??

Franzi1984

[1]May 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    I watched the last few seconds of the season finale and thought 'yeah, Lorelai and Chris are gonna get together!'. But then I thought 'But Lorelai and Luke were/are great together'. And now I can't decide who I want Lorelai to be with - Christopher or Luke.
    Right now I would say Chris but ask me again tomorrow and it could be Luke again.

So, what do you think? Who should Lorelai end up with?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jonesk1981

[2]May 23, 2006
    • level: 7

Always Luke!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple other threads devoted to this same topic:

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/whoa-christopher-vs.-luke/topic/160-246120/msgs.html

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/bb--balcony-buddy--chris-and-lorelai-supporter/topic/160-245872/msgs.html&page=1

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/anyone/topic/160-242697/msgs.html

check out the poll on this one:

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/poll-love-interests-will-be-sent-to-asp/topic/160-223805/msgs.html

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/luke-or-christopher/topic/160-213224/msgs.html

here is one discussing Max

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/max!!!!!!/topic/160-173674/msgs.html

http://www.tv.com/gilmore-girls/show/44/luke/topic/160-238813/msgs.html

I'm sure there are more, but I think you'll find the general concensus is that Lorelai should be with Luke!  Of course, there are some that disagree, but I think you'll find the majority are Luke supporters. 

I know Luke has been dumb lately, but just remember, Christopher has made tons of mistakes too.  (i.e. absent from daughters life for 21 years)  Also, wouldn't you want Lorelai to be with who makes her happy.  I don't think anyone can honestly say, after watching the finale, that Chris is the one she wants.  If they did, then they either watched a completely different version of the finale, or their blind.  The look on her face at the end...are you telling me you'd want her with somebody who makes her feel like that???  She also made it pretty clear that she's never been in love with Chris when she was talking to that psychiatrist.

Luke all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocopato

[3]May 23, 2006
    • level: 2

Luke is the best!!!!

You can see the way he look at her, he is crazy for her during years. Also they look good together.

ilovemilo

[4]May 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    chocopato wrote:

Luke is the best!!!!

You can see the way he look at her, he is crazy for her during years. Also they look good together.

I definitely agree with you on that...

letspolka

[5]May 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    LUKE

Cassandra_Elise

[6]May 23, 2006
    • level: 14
    Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke, and did I mention Luke?

ilovemilo

[7]May 23, 2006
    Cassandra_Elise wrote:
    Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke, and did I mention Luke?

LOL. I agree.

-andre-

[8]May 23, 2006
    Luke... always Luke!

ilovemilo

[9]May 23, 2006
    We probably don't really need to continue this topic in this thread, because as you can see there are many other threads discussing this same topic. But I do love Luke!

3,000TH POST!!!!!!!!

24ismylife

[10]May 23, 2006
    No doubt Luke!!

ruthieluver77

[11]May 23, 2006
    • level: 26
    I always liked (loved) Luke but he really messed up and pushed Loreali out of his life. I think Luke can only handel one person in his life at once and does not understand balance. He can be close to Loreali and April. I think Lorelai and Chris would be cute because the have a lot in common but I would not mind seeing Lorelai single.

jonesk1981

[12]May 23, 2006

ruthieluver77 wrote:
    I always liked (loved) Luke but he really messed up and pushed Loreali out of his life. I think Luke can only handel one person in his life at once and does not understand balance. He can be close to Loreali and April. I think Lorelai and Chris would be cute because the have a lot in common but I would not mind seeing Lorelai single.

At least Luke is trying to be a father, which is more than I can say for Chris.  Lorelai has been single long enough.  Luke will get this situation straightened out.  Chris slept with an emotionally vulnerable woman on the verge of a breakdown.  Why is it there are so many people who are looking beyond that!!  Chris hasn't changed from the immature person he always was.  First he tried to escape out the window, then there is this dialogue between Emily & Lorelai:

EMILY: Christopher's probably too immature for Lynnie, anyway.

LORELAI: I'm sure he is.

EMILY: The way he was going on and on about that motorcycle of his. I half expected him to start talking about his Tonka truck and announcing to the room he wanted to be a fireman or a cowboy someday

I'd say that pretty much sums it up...followed by Chris sleeping with Lorelai, who was on the verge of a breakdown, proving once again the boy only thinks with his penis.

Yet, for some reason, we can't forgive Luke for trying (albeit somewhat failing) to get his priorities straight.  Something about this doesn't seem fair to me...

ilovemilo

[13]May 26, 2006
    jonesk1981 wrote:

ruthieluver77 wrote:

At least Luke is trying to be a father, which is more than I can say for Chris.  Lorelai has been single long enough.  Luke will get this situation straightened out.  Chris slept with an emotionally vulnerable woman on the verge of a breakdown.  Why is it there are so many people who are looking beyond that!!  Chris hasn't changed from the immature person he always was.  First he tried to escape out the window, then there is this dialogue between Emily & Lorelai:

EMILY: The way he was going on and on about that motorcycle of his. I half expected him to start talking about his Tonka truck and announcing to the room he wanted to be a fireman or a cowboy someday

I'd say that pretty much sums it up...followed by Chris sleeping with Lorelai, who was on the verge of a breakdown, proving once again the boy only thinks with his penis.

Yet, for some reason, we can't forgive Luke for trying (albeit somewhat failing) to get his priorities straight.  Something about this doesn't seem fair to me...

I hate it when some people change their mind about Luke so quickly after he screws up once, but yet go on liking Christopher even though he has screwed so many more times than Luke has. I totally get what you're saying.

jonesk1981

[14]May 26, 2006
    ilovemilo wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

ruthieluver77 wrote:

I hate it when some people change their mind about Luke so quickly after he screws up once, but yet go on liking Christopher even though he has screwed so many more times than Luke has. I totally get what you're saying.

Thank You!!!  It's always nice to hear...err...read other's that think that Luke definitely deserves another chance!!  I just hope that WHEN (not if) he reverts back to the old Luke next season, that the majority will be able to forgive him as easily as they did Chris.  Luke has been clueless this season; no one is denying that.  He's been frustrating to say the least, but at the end of the day, he's still a better man then Christopher (IMO!), and I know that he'll get this figured out.  I think Lorelai walking away from him the way she did might've been just the wake-up call Luke needed.  But then, there's always the little matter of her possibly sleeping with Chris, but I choose to stay in denial about that one.  Until next season comes around, and they tell us with words that she actually had sex with Chris, I am going to cling onto the hope that nothing happened.

mickey101798

[15]May 26, 2006
    • level: 1
    it should be LUKE. since season 1 we have witnessed how luke helped lorelei in any way possible. he was always there whenever lorelei needs a helping hand- literally and emotionally. and we can see that he really loves her. chris, on the other hand, didn't even fight for her. yes, lorelei didn't seem to need chris when rory was growing up but if he really loves her, he would pursue her no matter what the cost.

jonesk1981

[16]May 26, 2006

mickey101798 wrote:
    it should be LUKE. since season 1 we have witnessed how luke helped lorelei in any way possible. he was always there whenever lorelei needs a helping hand- literally and emotionally. and we can see that he really loves her. chris, on the other hand, didn't even fight for her. yes, lorelei didn't seem to need chris when rory was growing up but if he really loves her, he would pursue her no matter what the cost.

Yes!  Lorelai didn't seem to need Chris around, but you notice, she always sort of relied on Luke for a lot of things.  I think that says a lot.  Luke was always the one person she would actually open up to, other then Rory of course.  He was her go-to guy.

I think this quote from Lorelai in Season 2 (run away, little boy) says it all:

Lorelai (to Luke): I don't have very many people in my life who are...in my life...permanently, forever.  You know?  I'll always be there for them, they'll alway's be there for me.  There's Rory & Sookie, This town....you.

I'd say that pretty much says it all.  I don't see the words "Chris" or "Rory's father" or "the man who impregnated me" anywhere in that sentence.  Hmmm....

whereareyou890

[17]May 26, 2006
    • level: 15
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    ilovemilo wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

ruthieluver77 wrote:

Thank You!!!  It's always nice to hear...err...read other's that think that Luke definitely deserves another chance!!  I just hope that WHEN (not if) he reverts back to the old Luke next season, that the majority will be able to forgive him as easily as they did Chris.  Luke has been clueless this season; no one is denying that.  He's been frustrating to say the least, but at the end of the day, he's still a better man then Christopher (IMO!), and I know that he'll get this figured out.  I think Lorelai walking away from him the way she did might've been just the wake-up call Luke needed.  But then, there's always the little matter of her possibly sleeping with Chris, but I choose to stay in denial about that one.  Until next season comes around, and they tell us with words that she actually had sex with Chris, I am going to cling onto the hope that nothing happened.

But for Lorelai to give Luke a second chance, Luke has to change his ways, even if it is for a short time. Everytime Chris came back to be with Lorelai, he changed the little detail that made them break up before, atleast for a while. I really want Lorelai and Luke to hook up because they are like perfect opposites (sort of) and have to work their way to be together. Chris and Lor are to perfect and thats why she doesn't love him. She doesn't try it's just there.

jonesk1981

[18]May 26, 2006
    whereareyou890 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    ilovemilo wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

ruthieluver77 wrote:

But for Lorelai to give Luke a second chance, Luke has to change his ways, even if it is for a short time. Everytime Chris came back to be with Lorelai, he changed the little detail that made them break up before, atleast for a while. I really want Lorelai and Luke to hook up because they are like perfect opposites (sort of) and have to work their way to be together. Chris and Lor are to perfect and thats why she doesn't love him. She doesn't try it's just there.

Examples???  I can't think of a time during the timespan of the show that they were actually "together".  They had sex on a balcony once, and then he was too immature at the time for her to accept his marriage proposal.  He came back, they never got together...they "almost" did, but then his girlfriend got pregnant.  And that was the end of Lorelai/Chris.  Forever.  Because the next time he returned was in season 5, when he tried to break up Lorelai and Luke.  Are you talking about him returning in season 2  a "grown-up"??  I guess I could see that, but I don't think that happened for Lorelai.  It just happened, and then he returned.  But he is still immature in a lot of ways.  I'll grant you, as far as his career goes, he did mature.  good for him, but when it comes to relationships, he still has a lot of maturing to do.

But I do like what you said about Lorelai/Luke being opposites, and that's why she's in love with Luke.  I've always loved that about them.  They compliment eachother.  They balance eachother out. 

LuvGG8

[19]May 26, 2006
    • level: 1

Definetaly Luke!

Luke has been there, for all these years, where was Chris?

Luke all the way!

piranhapete

[20]May 27, 2006
    • level: 11

I don't know why but I have this chart in my head about the seasons and love interests;

Season 1- Max

Season 2- Dean

Season 3- Jess

Season 4- Jason

Season 5- Logan

Season 6- Christopher

Season 7- Luke

At least I hope season 7 will be about Luke; I don't like Chris and Lor together that much.