Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Chris or Luke??

  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [21]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    whereareyou890 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    ilovemilo wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    ruthieluver77 wrote:
    I always liked (loved) Luke but he really messed up and pushed Loreali out of his life. I think Luke can only handel one person in his life at once and does not understand balance. He can be close to Loreali and April. I think Lorelai and Chris would be cute because the have a lot in common but I would not mind seeing Lorelai single.

    At least Luke is trying to be a father, which is more than I can say for Chris.  Lorelai has been single long enough.  Luke will get this situation straightened out.  Chris slept with an emotionally vulnerable woman on the verge of a breakdown.  Why is it there are so many people who are looking beyond that!!  Chris hasn't changed from the immature person he always was.  First he tried to escape out the window, then there is this dialogue between Emily & Lorelai:

    EMILY: Christopher's probably too immature for Lynnie, anyway.

    LORELAI: I'm sure he is.

    EMILY: The way he was going on and on about that motorcycle of his. I half expected him to start talking about his Tonka truck and announcing to the room he wanted to be a fireman or a cowboy someday

    I'd say that pretty much sums it up...followed by Chris sleeping with Lorelai, who was on the verge of a breakdown, proving once again the boy only thinks with his penis.

    Yet, for some reason, we can't forgive Luke for trying (albeit somewhat failing) to get his priorities straight.  Something about this doesn't seem fair to me...

    I hate it when some people change their mind about Luke so quickly after he screws up once, but yet go on liking Christopher even though he has screwed so many more times than Luke has. I totally get what you're saying.

    Thank You!!!  It's always nice to hear...err...read other's that think that Luke definitely deserves another chance!!  I just hope that WHEN (not if) he reverts back to the old Luke next season, that the majority will be able to forgive him as easily as they did Chris.  Luke has been clueless this season; no one is denying that.  He's been frustrating to say the least, but at the end of the day, he's still a better man then Christopher (IMO!), and I know that he'll get this figured out.  I think Lorelai walking away from him the way she did might've been just the wake-up call Luke needed.  But then, there's always the little matter of her possibly sleeping with Chris, but I choose to stay in denial about that one.  Until next season comes around, and they tell us with words that she actually had sex with Chris, I am going to cling onto the hope that nothing happened.

    But for Lorelai to give Luke a second chance, Luke has to change his ways, even if it is for a short time. Everytime Chris came back to be with Lorelai, he changed the little detail that made them break up before, atleast for a while. I really want Lorelai and Luke to hook up because they are like perfect opposites (sort of) and have to work their way to be together. Chris and Lor are to perfect and thats why she doesn't love him. She doesn't try it's just there.

    Examples???  I can't think of a time during the timespan of the show that they were actually "together".  They had sex on a balcony once, and then he was too immature at the time for her to accept his marriage proposal.  He came back, they never got together...they "almost" did, but then his girlfriend got pregnant.  And that was the end of Lorelai/Chris.  Forever.  Because the next time he returned was in season 5, when he tried to break up Lorelai and Luke.  Are you talking about him returning in season 2  a "grown-up"??  I guess I could see that, but I don't think that happened for Lorelai.  It just happened, and then he returned.  But he is still immature in a lot of ways.  I'll grant you, as far as his career goes, he did mature.  good for him, but when it comes to relationships, he still has a lot of maturing to do.

    But I do like what you said about Lorelai/Luke being opposites, and that's why she's in love with Luke.  I've always loved that about them.  They compliment eachother.  They balance eachother out. 



    Chris and Lorelai can't be together; the timing has never been right for them and it never will be! Luke and Lorelai have always been right for each other, but they were the only two people who didn't see it. With Chris, he and Emily are the only two people who can see that he and Lorelai are not right for each other. He needs to stop dwelling over her and move on!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [22]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340
    piranhapete wrote:

    I don't know why but I have this chart in my head about the seasons and love interests;

    Season 1- Max

    Season 2- Dean

    Season 3- Jess

    Season 4- Jason

    Season 5- Logan

    Season 6- Christopher

    Season 7- Luke

    At least I hope season 7 will be about Luke; I don't like Chris and Lor together that much.

    Just out of curiosity, how is Christopher a love interest for Lorelai in Season 6.  She's engaged to Luke?  I guess I'm confused.

    But I do like the way your thinking for Season 7!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piranhapete

    piranhapete

    [23]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 12/31/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,135

    Idk I just had to stick him somewhere... and it does end with him.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diamonddiva891

    diamonddiva891

    [24]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 4,408
    I think Luke could be in 4 too?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [25]May 27, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340

    diamonddiva891 wrote:
    I think Luke could be in 4 too?

    And 5, although Rory's love interest is listed there.  But, for Lorelai, Luke should be 4, 5, and 6

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [26]May 28, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    diamonddiva891 wrote:
    I think Luke could be in 4 too?

    And 5, although Rory's love interest is listed there.  But, for Lorelai, Luke should be 4, 5, and 6



    Yup, because those are the three seasons they are together or start to get together. And even though Lorelai was with Jason for most of season 4, I can't stand him so he definitely isn't important enough to be on the list!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mkpsu

    mkpsu

    [27]Jun 14, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 936
    Right now I think Chris is better for Lorelai b/c Luke was treating Lorelai like crap after he found out about his daughter...and I now that he has to get to know her, but does he have to spend every free moment w/ her, I like what someone else said on another thread...I don't remember who it was or else i would give them credit, but they said that Mr. Kim was around more than Luke...and that seems about right. And Chris didn't try to steal Lorelai away from Luke like he tried before, probably b/c he knew that it wouldn't work, and he was he was really caring for Rory and was becoming more of a dad, and he is really good friends w/ Lorelai, and b/c Luke wouldn't elope, after he said he would at Martha's Vineyard, I think that Chris does deserve to be w/ Lorelai b/c he stayed away and gave her space to do whatever she wanted, and Lorelai went to him, he didn't steal her away, so I think Chris is a really good guy for Lorelai
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [28]Jun 14, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    mkpsu wrote:
    Right now I think Chris is better for Lorelai b/c Luke was treating Lorelai like crap after he found out about his daughter...and I now that he has to get to know her, but does he have to spend every free moment w/ her, I like what someone else said on another thread...I don't remember who it was or else i would give them credit, but they said that Mr. Kim was around more than Luke...and that seems about right. And Chris didn't try to steal Lorelai away from Luke like he tried before, probably b/c he knew that it wouldn't work, and he was he was really caring for Rory and was becoming more of a dad, and he is really good friends w/ Lorelai, and b/c Luke wouldn't elope, after he said he would at Martha's Vineyard, I think that Chris does deserve to be w/ Lorelai b/c he stayed away and gave her space to do whatever she wanted, and Lorelai went to him, he didn't steal her away, so I think Chris is a really good guy for Lorelai


    I really don't like Chris and I know that he really did not try to steal Lorelai away from Luke but he did take advantage of her emotional state after her confrontation with Luke. If he really was a good person, he would have just talked to her -he wouldn't have invited her into his bed!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mkpsu

    mkpsu

    [29]Jun 14, 2006
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 936
    Yeah, that's true, but we really don't know who invited who into bed...Lorelai as you said was emotional, but may have forced it upon Chris, but then regretted it in the morning
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of awbrey765

    awbrey765

    [30]Jun 14, 2006
    • member since: 06/05/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 279
    luke. definately luke. i cant believe lorelai slept with chris. i screamed at the tv. please let her and luke work things out. i love the lorelai luke relationship. i have been wanting it since the very beginning.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AlienInvader9

    AlienInvader9

    [31]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 07/28/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 272
    All I have to say is that I'm insulted that Chris' name is before Luke's in the title of this thread. Maybe Chris needs it though because he knows Luke's the better man by 100%.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [32]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386

    This is a very tough one, because Loreli is a good fit with either one. Both Luke and Chris get Loreli's witty sense of humor and know how to play along with it. But Luke has been there through everything, he has pined for her for the whole series and is the supportive back bone that Loreli has come to lean on all of these years. Chris on the other hand, has not been like that to Loreli, he abandoned her with their kid and popped in when he felt like it, but he has come a long way. I think that Gigi taught Chris alot about parenting and what he dumped on Loreli when he left, and has helped him to see the light and truely feel sorry for what he did. Lets try Rory's Pros and Cons List:

    Chris: Pros: Rory's dad, will make parents happy, more money (if that ever mattered at all), will be able to help raise Gigi and become like a second mother to her, fits in with the upper class at high class social gatherings, similar sense of humor, likes Logan.      Cons: It will be kind of like that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie dates her high school sweet heart and says "did I really go through all of these relationships and heart ache just to end up with my high school sweet heart?" and almost makes it seem like a waste of time. No more coffee at Lukes, won't be able to stay in Stars Hollow, or with the Inn, will have to raise another kid, will lose a great friend (Luke).

    Luke: Pros: Luke's dinner, having a jack of all trades handy man, the classic Harry Met Sally relationship, will be able to stay in Star's Hollow, will be able to help Luke find his way with developing a relationship with his daughter, similar sense of humor, a great friend will now forever be her lover, is like a second dad to Rory, Rory can not end up with Jess.        Cons: Even if he is a second dad, still is not Rory's dad, will not please parents, less money (if that matters at all), may loose Chris for forever, may continue to feel like an outsider looking in with the relationship Luke has with his daughter, will prevent the re-union of Luke and his daughter's mom. 

    Even with this I still can't say who is better, although I am favoring Luke at the moment. But Loreli might not have this choice. If/when Luke finds out about Loreli sleeping with Chris will he still marry her? Will Chris let her go?  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [33]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340

    mkpsu wrote:
    Yeah, that's true, but we really don't know who invited who into bed...Lorelai as you said was emotional, but may have forced it upon Chris, but then regretted it in the morning

    umm...Chris is bigger...I think even if Lorelai tried to "force" him into bed, he could've stopped it.  He knew she was on the verge of a breakdown, he knew she wasn't thinking clearly.  If she even tried, he should've stepped up, been the bigger man, and not let it happen!  There are no two ways about it.  He took advantage of her!

    I really don't get how someone could root for a L/C relationship, after it was made so clear in the finale that she never loved Chris!  And the look on her face the next morning in Chris' bed??  Is that what you want??!?!  This makes no sense to me!  All b/c Luke screwed up....FOR ONCE!  Chris (whom I've lost count the number of screw-ups he's made) didn't make a move on Lorelai the rest of the season, but it doesn't negate the fact that he did take advantage of her emotional state in the finale!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [34]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    eclipse86 wrote:

    This is a very tough one, because Loreli is a good fit with either one. Both Luke and Chris get Loreli's witty sense of humor and know how to play along with it. But Luke has been there through everything, he has pined for her for the whole series and is the supportive back bone that Loreli has come to lean on all of these years. Chris on the other hand, has not been like that to Loreli, he abandoned her with their kid and popped in when he felt like it, but he has come a long way. I think that Gigi taught Chris alot about parenting and what he dumped on Loreli when he left, and has helped him to see the light and truely feel sorry for what he did. Lets try Rory's Pros and Cons List:

    Chris: Pros: Rory's dad, will make parents happy, more money (if that ever mattered at all), will be able to help raise Gigi and become like a second mother to her, fits in with the upper class at high class social gatherings, similar sense of humor, likes Logan.      Cons: It will be kind of like that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie dates her high school sweet heart and says "did I really go through all of these relationships and heart ache just to end up with my high school sweet heart?" and almost makes it seem like a waste of time. No more coffee at Lukes, won't be able to stay in Stars Hollow, or with the Inn, will have to raise another kid, will lose a great friend (Luke).

    Luke: Pros: Luke's dinner, having a jack of all trades handy man, the classic Harry Met Sally relationship, will be able to stay in Star's Hollow, will be able to help Luke find his way with developing a relationship with his daughter, similar sense of humor, a great friend will now forever be her lover, is like a second dad to Rory, Rory can not end up with Jess.        Cons: Even if he is a second dad, still is not Rory's dad, will not please parents, less money (if that matters at all), may loose Chris for forever, may continue to feel like an outsider looking in with the relationship Luke has with his daughter, will prevent the re-union of Luke and his daughter's mom. 

    Even with this I still can't say who is better, although I am favoring Luke at the moment. But Loreli might not have this choice. If/when Luke finds out about Loreli sleeping with Chris will he still marry her? Will Chris let her go?  



    I'm sorry, but why would Rory not be able to end up with Jess if Luke and Lorelai were together? And even so, how is that a pro?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [35]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386
    I personally hate Jess so for me that is a pro. Also they would be like cousins or something and is probably illegal in a conservative town like Star's Hollow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [36]Jun 15, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    eclipse86 wrote:
    I personally hate Jess so for me that is a pro. Also they would be like cousins or something and is probably illegal in a conservative town like Star's Hollow.


    They're only cousins by marriage - that would definitely not be illegal! And how could anyone hate Jess?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [37]Jun 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386
    If you take a look at some of the different forums you can see that I am not the only one who does not care for Jess. And I think that the whole cousins by marriage thing would be too wierd for Rory and Jess, I just don't see them as being the type of people who would be okay with such an arrangement, even if it is legal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lsfersm

    lsfersm

    [38]Jun 16, 2006
    • member since: 05/30/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 174

    Calm down Ilovemilo don't get stressed, because you know that not everyone could like Jess, i mean for instance i seriously doubt that Dean likes him, hehe, or what do you think?

    Btw, i think he's great for Rory, i would like to see them together, and talking of if it's illegal or not, i think that went out of the point, they should be together if they love each other, and that's it.

    Anyway i'm with you, Jess is great.

    Edited on 06/16/2006 6:06am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diamonddiva891

    diamonddiva891

    [39]Jun 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 4,408
    ilovemilo wrote:
    eclipse86 wrote:

    This is a very tough one, because Loreli is a good fit with either one. Both Luke and Chris get Loreli's witty sense of humor and know how to play along with it. But Luke has been there through everything, he has pined for her for the whole series and is the supportive back bone that Loreli has come to lean on all of these years. Chris on the other hand, has not been like that to Loreli, he abandoned her with their kid and popped in when he felt like it, but he has come a long way. I think that Gigi taught Chris alot about parenting and what he dumped on Loreli when he left, and has helped him to see the light and truely feel sorry for what he did. Lets try Rory's Pros and Cons List:

    Chris: Pros: Rory's dad, will make parents happy, more money (if that ever mattered at all), will be able to help raise Gigi and become like a second mother to her, fits in with the upper class at high class social gatherings, similar sense of humor, likes Logan.      Cons: It will be kind of like that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie dates her high school sweet heart and says "did I really go through all of these relationships and heart ache just to end up with my high school sweet heart?" and almost makes it seem like a waste of time. No more coffee at Lukes, won't be able to stay in Stars Hollow, or with the Inn, will have to raise another kid, will lose a great friend (Luke).

    Luke: Pros: Luke's dinner, having a jack of all trades handy man, the classic Harry Met Sally relationship, will be able to stay in Star's Hollow, will be able to help Luke find his way with developing a relationship with his daughter, similar sense of humor, a great friend will now forever be her lover, is like a second dad to Rory, Rory can not end up with Jess.        Cons: Even if he is a second dad, still is not Rory's dad, will not please parents, less money (if that matters at all), may loose Chris for forever, may continue to feel like an outsider looking in with the relationship Luke has with his daughter, will prevent the re-union of Luke and his daughter's mom. 

    Even with this I still can't say who is better, although I am favoring Luke at the moment. But Loreli might not have this choice. If/when Luke finds out about Loreli sleeping with Chris will he still marry her? Will Chris let her go?  



    I'm sorry, but why would Rory not be able to end up with Jess if Luke and Lorelai were together? And even so, how is that a pro?


    I was gonna say that, but I knew you disliked Jess and I don't have a problem with it. But I was going to say that it is legal, YC and I have had this discussion a few times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ilovemilo

    ilovemilo

    [40]Jun 16, 2006
    • member since: 02/03/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 3,975
    lsfersm wrote:
    Calm down Ilovemilo don't get stressed, because you know that not everyone could like Jess, i mean for instance i seriously doubt that Dean likes him, hehe, or what do you think?

    Btw, i think he's great for Rory, i would like to see them together, and talking of if it's illegal or not, i think that went out of the point, they should be together if they love each other, and that's it.

    Anyway i'm with you, Jess is great.



    Sorry if I sounded a little crazy, I was just kind of having a bad day! But I'm glad you're on my side lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.