Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Chris or Luke??

sm21mc

[61]Jun 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    Luke <3
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ilovemilo

[62]Jul 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    mkpsu wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    mkpsu wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

mkpsu wrote:
    I was just thinking about this...but I kind of feel bad for David Sutcliffe...I can just see some big, obsessesed fan going up to him and start yelling at him or something like that for the Lorelai/Chris thing, and then be referring to him as Chris, not even thinking that he's just acting...that would be really funny though

Did you see the interview with him???  Fans do walk up to him in the street and start yelling at him.  He says it happens all the time!  He also goes on-line to see what people are saying.  He takes it all in stride, though...he says people have pretty good perspective most of the time.

Here's the link in case you haven't seen it.

http://thetvaddict.com/?p=480#more-480

I did read part of it, but I guess I didn't read it all, that must suck for him...well b/c I do like Chris even though he slept w/ Lorelai, and I won't hate him until I see the whole story

I hold my feelings for Chris completely separate from my feelings about David Sutcliffe.  He actually seems like a down-to-earth guy.  I have no issues with him.  Very good actor, and not bad looking, in my opinion.  My feelings about his character?  that's another issue.  It's not solely the fact that he slept with Lorelai (if he did).  It's that everytime he comes around, the sh*t always hits the fan.  If he were around as a father to Rory, I'd be fine with that.  I don't hate the guys personality.  I hate the fact that he still carries a torch for Lorelai, and everytime he comes around that always gets in the way.  Also, I hate the fact that whenever Lorelai and Chris are together, they act like they're still 16.  It's annoying.

I do think that he's kind of living in the past

Completely agree. Christopher is trying to convince himself that he and Lorelai can be together like they were when they were 16. And even though Lorelai has moved on and is now with Luke, Christopher is still holding out hope for their family to be together.

scooby_92

[63]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    I am a Luke lover.

Agumon1405

[64]Jul 3, 2006
    • level: 7
    Definitely Luke because he has seen Rory grow up into the smart young woman she is and has been there most of the time when Chris was out being a jerk and not spending time with his daughter and could-have-been-then wife. He's nice, but he is not my favourite character

nobrainmonkey

[65]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    If Lorelai doesn't go back to Luke and goes with Christopher then I partially don't want to watch Gilmore Girls anymore. I hope Luke and Lorelai make up.

piranhapete

[66]Jul 9, 2006
    Am I really the only Michel/Lorelai shipper on the planet?

Just kidding... I'm a Java Junkie.

jonesk1981

[67]Jul 9, 2006

nobrainmonkey wrote:
    If Lorelai doesn't go back to Luke and goes with Christopher then I partially don't want to watch Gilmore Girls anymore. I hope Luke and Lorelai make up.

I totally am with you there!  To me, it would be like like the biggest continuity error in the history of television!  That's why I honestly don't think they'll go there.  David Sutcliffe (chris) isn't even signed for an entire season next year.  Scott Patterson (Luke) is.  This is what I keep reminding myself...

piranhapete

[68]Jul 9, 2006
    jonesk1981 wrote:

nobrainmonkey wrote:

I totally am with you there!  To me, it would be like like the biggest continuity error in the history of television!  That's why I honestly don't think they'll go there.  David Sutcliffe (chris) isn't even signed for an entire season next year.  Scott Patterson (Luke) is.  This is what I keep reminding myself...

I know! I would want to stop watching, too! That combined with Jess never coming back (unless they get a new actor...) would make me go bad-love-interest crazy!

Agumon1405

[69]Jul 9, 2006

OMG I would not wanna watch it if she stays with Chris! If that happens, then say good-bye to GG in my house! I would be interesting though but still! If she has sense enough SHE WILL GO BAC TO LUKE!

Disneygrl2

[70]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 16
    ok i just watched the Dance Marathon episode from season 3... OMG when Luke was fixing Lorelai's shoe!! he was like Btw i dont hate kids you know.. and then she was like will you ever want any kids and he was like ya if i find the right person... and he asked her will you ever want anymore kids and she was like ya if i find the right guy and then they looked into each other eyes and then looked away.. like teens!! AWW IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS IT ME OR CAN ANYONE ELSE NOT LIKE PHYSICALLY CANNOT (JK) WAIT FOR SEASON 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THINK IM GONNA DIE I DONT CARE IF ITS SUMMER WHICH MEANS NO SCHOOL I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HAVING SCHOOL I WANT GILMORE GIRLSSSS!!!!!!
    Edited on 07/11/2006 11:00am

RosarioTijeras

[71]Jul 11, 2006

It's totally Luke for me. Yes, he didn't handle the April situation well at all, but I don't think Lorelai handled it all that well either. She was unhappy for quite some time and swallowed it all down, until she confronted Luke with an ultimatum. Not what I call fair, although I can understand her. Of course that doesn't absolve Luke. He didn't realize how Lorelai was feeling, he was only thinking about April - is seems to me he took Lorelai for granted. But then again, she didn't say anything. I believe that if she had said something earlier it wouldn't have come to this. But I did scream at Luke a lot in the last season for being such an idiot.

Now about Chris, I just don't see them together. He screwed up so many times and if I was Lorelai, I could never trust him to get it right this time. For me, they've never been more than friends with benefits, even the one time they almost got back together - I was actually glad his girlfriend got pregnant then, I want Lorelai to be with Luke. She clearly said she never loved Chris, they just know each other so well and are comfortable around each other, they have a history - and a kid. But no, she did not look happy at all at the very end, and  he just seemed so smug, as if he was thinking, "Yeah, I scored!" That's simply not the guy I want Lorelai to end up with.

heckyestimes10

[72]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 3
    LUKE ALL THE WAY!!! luke and lor are meant to be together

ggfanup2wazzu

[73]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 8
    heckyestimes10 wrote:
    LUKE ALL THE WAY!!! luke and lor are meant to be together
      I AGREE 100 PERCENT!

jonesk1981

[74]Jul 11, 2006
    RosarioTijeras wrote:

It's totally Luke for me. Yes, he didn't handle the April situation well at all, but I don't think Lorelai handled it all that well either. She was unhappy for quite some time and swallowed it all down, until she confronted Luke with an ultimatum. Not what I call fair, although I can understand her. Of course that doesn't absolve Luke. He didn't realize how Lorelai was feeling, he was only thinking about April - is seems to me he took Lorelai for granted. But then again, she didn't say anything. I believe that if she had said something earlier it wouldn't have come to this. But I did scream at Luke a lot in the last season for being such an idiot.

Now about Chris, I just don't see them together. He screwed up so many times and if I was Lorelai, I could never trust him to get it right this time. For me, they've never been more than friends with benefits, even the one time they almost got back together - I was actually glad his girlfriend got pregnant then, I want Lorelai to be with Luke. She clearly said she never loved Chris, they just know each other so well and are comfortable around each other, they have a history - and a kid. But no, she did not look happy at all at the very end, and  he just seemed so smug, as if he was thinking, "Yeah, I scored!" That's simply not the guy I want Lorelai to end up with.

I just have to say....That is one beautiful post!!!!!  I could not agree with you more!

and welcome to the forum! 

percussiongrl

[75]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    I say Luke all the way. I have been voting for him since this show first started. But he has been a jerk this season and hopefully he will realize it in time. As for the Chris thing, I don't totally hate him, him and Lorelai are close and they will be friends, but that could be a good thing because  if he really does care for Lorelai he will see that she is really in love with Luke and he will give her some reassurance and give her a little push back towards Luke.

RosarioTijeras

[76]Jul 12, 2006
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    I just have to say....That is one beautiful post!!!!!  I could not agree with you more!

and welcome to the forum! 

Thanks!

iluvboyzs2006

[77]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 1

Chris or Luke?

r u kiddin me definately luke no question to it. but i have a bad feelin that its gona be chris and lor no matter what everyone wants. since season one i think everyone wanted it to be luke but i know this sounds bad but as the seasons went on it seemed as if it was gona be chris no matter what

piranhapete

[78]Jul 12, 2006
    iluvboyzs2006 wrote:

Chris or Luke?

r u kiddin me definately luke no question to it. but i have a bad feelin that its gona be chris and lor no matter what everyone wants. since season one i think everyone wanted it to be luke but i know this sounds bad but as the seasons went on it seemed as if it was gona be chris no matter what

Are you kidding? There are like triple L/L moments than C/L.

jonesk1981

[79]Jul 12, 2006
    iluvboyzs2006 wrote:

Chris or Luke?

Have you been watching the same show I have??  You know, there is a reason why most people want Lorelai & Luke together.  The show has kind of implanted that in our brains.  I don't believe it was Christopher standing under that Chuppah with Lorelai while the camera panned around in a very suggestive way in Season 2.  Tell me you didn't miss that.  I also don't think it was Chris who played the starring role in Lorelai's dream in Season 3.  As far as I recall, Chris was not the name Lorelai mentioned to the Psychologist when she was talking about the only guy she's ever really loved.  Seriously, I could go on and on.... but if you have seen it by now...

I_luvTV92

[80]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    LUKE  times like 20!!