Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Chris or Luke??

  • Avatar of I_luvTV92

    I_luvTV92

    [81]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 448
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    iluvboyzs2006 wrote:

    Chris or Luke?

      r u kiddin me definately luke no question to it. but i have a bad feelin that its gona be chris and lor no matter what everyone wants. since season one i think everyone wanted it to be luke but i know this sounds bad but as the seasons went on it seemed as if it was gona be chris no matter what

    Have you been watching the same show I have??  You know, there is a reason why most people want Lorelai & Luke together.  The show has kind of implanted that in our brains.  I don't believe it was Christopher standing under that Chuppah with Lorelai while the camera panned around in a very suggestive way in Season 2.  Tell me you didn't miss that.  I also don't think it was Chris who played the starring role in Lorelai's dream in Season 3.  As far as I recall, Chris was not the name Lorelai mentioned to the Psychologist when she was talking about the only guy she's ever really loved.  Seriously, I could go on and on.... but if you have seen it by now...

    That is tru, but we had the same feelin toward Rory n Jess(well MOST of us). So many pple wanted that and look how that ended up. Someone no one expected her to be with seems to be her choice. I mean, a lot of people didn't like Logan at first, and now those same pple love him. We have to remember this is a DRAMA series and everything and anything could happen. Luke and Lor seem 2 be a perfect match, but so did Dawson n Joey(Dawson's Creek). We can't get our hopes up, but that doesn mean we hav 2 like any of it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of etrippfresh

    etrippfresh

    [82]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 07/12/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 59
    LUKE!!

    and rory belongs with jess.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [83]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340
    I_luvTV92 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    iluvboyzs2006 wrote:

    Chris or Luke?

      r u kiddin me definately luke no question to it. but i have a bad feelin that its gona be chris and lor no matter what everyone wants. since season one i think everyone wanted it to be luke but i know this sounds bad but as the seasons went on it seemed as if it was gona be chris no matter what

    Have you been watching the same show I have??  You know, there is a reason why most people want Lorelai & Luke together.  The show has kind of implanted that in our brains.  I don't believe it was Christopher standing under that Chuppah with Lorelai while the camera panned around in a very suggestive way in Season 2.  Tell me you didn't miss that.  I also don't think it was Chris who played the starring role in Lorelai's dream in Season 3.  As far as I recall, Chris was not the name Lorelai mentioned to the Psychologist when she was talking about the only guy she's ever really loved.  Seriously, I could go on and on.... but if you have seen it by now...

    That is tru, but we had the same feelin toward Rory n Jess(well MOST of us). So many pple wanted that and look how that ended up. Someone no one expected her to be with seems to be her choice. I mean, a lot of people didn't like Logan at first, and now those same pple love him. We have to remember this is a DRAMA series and everything and anything could happen. Luke and Lor seem 2 be a perfect match, but so did Dawson n Joey(Dawson's Creek). We can't get our hopes up, but that doesn mean we hav 2 like any of it.

    Honestly, if Milo V. had been available, I have the feeling he would've been with Rory.  ASP loved him.  Having said that, they haven't exactly been hinted at in the same way.  No one can ever agree who they want Rory with.  Almost everyone agrees that Luke is the guy for Lorelai.  There is a huge difference between the way those two relationships happened.  If you look at the history of the show, it would be like one big continuity error if Luke & Lorelai didn't end up together.  When a relationship is portrayed the way Luke & Lorelai are (ex: Ross & Rachel, Michaela & Sully, Mulder & Scully, Mac & Harm) they usually end up together.   Not to mention all the rooted-for relationships on Everwood ended up together - and guess who the new consultant for Gilmore Girls is?  That's right...Former Everwood Exec Rina Mimoun.  A woman known for her satisfying story-arcs and her passion for romance.  I think we'll be ok.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Potterxxx

    Potterxxx

    [84]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 2
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [85]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340

    Potterxxx wrote:
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed

    Exactly what I was trying to stay.  That relationship was never exactly portrayed to be the "endgame" with Rory.  None of her relationships really have, b/c she is so young.  Most people have their preference about who they want Rory with, but they have never introduced a guy that everyone (or most) said 'that's the guy for her'.  Rory's love-life has never been that cut-and-dry like Lorelai's has.  I swear  this makes sense in my head.  LOL!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of I_luvTV92

    I_luvTV92

    [86]Jul 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 448
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    Potterxxx wrote:
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed

    Exactly what I was trying to stay.  That relationship was never exactly portrayed to be the "endgame" with Rory.  None of her relationships really have, b/c she is so young.  Most people have their preference about who they want Rory with, but they have never introduced a guy that everyone (or most) said 'that's the guy for her'.  Rory's love-life has never been that cut-and-dry like Lorelai's has.  I swear  this makes sense in my head.  LOL!

    I know i was kinda wrong about J/R(im very biased in tht dept.) but not all the "meant 2 be's" are together. Everwood wasn't a show i watched. And I agree that L/L BELONG together I'm just saying not to get your hopes up. That's usually what happens 2 me and I end up trying to get in the studio to kick the @$$ of the writers. (even thou so many pple say they will, I do. My cuzins turned me violent at an early age. {they're boxers and jokes})

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ob14me

    ob14me

    [87]Jul 13, 2006
    • member since: 12/11/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 8
    Luke or Chris? ARE YOU KIDDING.  I don't know one person who would choose Chris over Luke.  Luke was always there for Lorelai when Chris wasn't.  He loaned her $30,00 when she needed it, he was her klenex.   He was also a much better father to Rory than Chris.  How could anyone say Chris. What has Chris ever done for Lorelai.  He messed up Lorelai's perfect relationship with Luke the first time lets just hope he doesn't srew it up too bad this time.  LUKE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [88]Jul 13, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340
    I_luvTV92 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    Potterxxx wrote:
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed

    Exactly what I was trying to stay.  That relationship was never exactly portrayed to be the "endgame" with Rory.  None of her relationships really have, b/c she is so young.  Most people have their preference about who they want Rory with, but they have never introduced a guy that everyone (or most) said 'that's the guy for her'.  Rory's love-life has never been that cut-and-dry like Lorelai's has.  I swear  this makes sense in my head.  LOL!

    I know i was kinda wrong about J/R(im very biased in tht dept.) but not all the "meant 2 be's" are together. Everwood wasn't a show i watched. And I agree that L/L BELONG together I'm just saying not to get your hopes up. That's usually what happens 2 me and I end up trying to get in the studio to kick the @$$ of the writers. (even thou so many pple say they will, I do. My cuzins turned me violent at an early age. {they're boxers and jokes})

    Well, I do know that ASP had intended to have them together in the end.  It's all a matter of whether or not David Rosenthal sticks to the plan.  Let's hope he does.  If he know's what's good for him, he will!  Because I will be the first in line in your little plot to kick the doors of the studio down if they don't end up together!  LOL!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of piranhapete

    piranhapete

    [89]Jul 13, 2006
    • member since: 12/31/04
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 3,135
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    I_luvTV92 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    Potterxxx wrote:
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed

    Exactly what I was trying to stay.  That relationship was never exactly portrayed to be the "endgame" with Rory.  None of her relationships really have, b/c she is so young.  Most people have their preference about who they want Rory with, but they have never introduced a guy that everyone (or most) said 'that's the guy for her'.  Rory's love-life has never been that cut-and-dry like Lorelai's has.  I swear  this makes sense in my head.  LOL!

    I know i was kinda wrong about J/R(im very biased in tht dept.) but not all the "meant 2 be's" are together. Everwood wasn't a show i watched. And I agree that L/L BELONG together I'm just saying not to get your hopes up. That's usually what happens 2 me and I end up trying to get in the studio to kick the @$$ of the writers. (even thou so many pple say they will, I do. My cuzins turned me violent at an early age. {they're boxers and jokes})

    Well, I do know that ASP had intended to have them together in the end.  It's all a matter of whether or not David Rosenthal sticks to the plan.  Let's hope he does.  If he know's what's good for him, he will!  Because I will be the first in line in your little plot to kick the doors of the studio down if they don't end up together!  LOL!



    I don't think Milo is available... he's doing Heroes or something...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [90]Jul 13, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340
    piranhapete wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    I_luvTV92 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    Potterxxx wrote:
    i agree with you about L/L, but Jess was too... i dont know. But he wouldnt have stayed. Thats just not Jess. It was like Liz sort of, he hated Stars Hollow. He hated the townies. He would never have stayed

    Exactly what I was trying to stay.  That relationship was never exactly portrayed to be the "endgame" with Rory.  None of her relationships really have, b/c she is so young.  Most people have their preference about who they want Rory with, but they have never introduced a guy that everyone (or most) said 'that's the guy for her'.  Rory's love-life has never been that cut-and-dry like Lorelai's has.  I swear  this makes sense in my head.  LOL!

    I know i was kinda wrong about J/R(im very biased in tht dept.) but not all the "meant 2 be's" are together. Everwood wasn't a show i watched. And I agree that L/L BELONG together I'm just saying not to get your hopes up. That's usually what happens 2 me and I end up trying to get in the studio to kick the @$$ of the writers. (even thou so many pple say they will, I do. My cuzins turned me violent at an early age. {they're boxers and jokes})

    Well, I do know that ASP had intended to have them together in the end.  It's all a matter of whether or not David Rosenthal sticks to the plan.  Let's hope he does.  If he know's what's good for him, he will!  Because I will be the first in line in your little plot to kick the doors of the studio down if they don't end up together!  LOL!

    I don't think Milo is available... he's doing Heroes or something...

    I'm talking about Luke & Lorelai.  Milo won't be coming back to the show.  He pretty much confirmed that in his last interview.  Honestly, I really couldn't care less who Rory ends up with.  Don't get me wrong...I love her character and her storyline, but I'm not invested in her romantic relationships one way or another. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [91]Jul 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386
    I want Luke with Lorelai also, but no one seems to agree with my point that it is Lorelai that will have to do some serious begging not Luke! She is the one who slept around not Luke! Luke was trying to be a father to April what a crime!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iTaLiaNxx917

    iTaLiaNxx917

    [92]Jul 16, 2006
    • member since: 06/30/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 8
    I agree with Franzi1984. Earlier on, around season 4 and before I totally wanted Lorelai and Luke to get together. And when they finally did I was so thrilled, but now, I don't know. Luke has been acting like a total jerk, thinking first about April over Lorelai and now i don't know what to think. I like Chris, he's a good guy at heart, and Lorelai DOES go to him when she feels sad or unsure (i.e. the season 6 finale and when Lorelai was having her bachelorette party in season 2). But thats probably because he's the only other man in Lorelai's life that she can go to and he will comfort her. So now I don't know. I guess I'll have to see the first few episodes of Season 7 to make up my mind.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jonesk1981

    jonesk1981

    [93]Jul 16, 2006
    • member since: 10/05/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,340

    iTaLiaNxx917 wrote:
    I agree with Franzi1984. Earlier on, around season 4 and before I totally wanted Lorelai and Luke to get together. And when they finally did I was so thrilled, but now, I don't know. Luke has been acting like a total jerk, thinking first about April over Lorelai and now i don't know what to think. I like Chris, he's a good guy at heart, and Lorelai DOES go to him when she feels sad or unsure (i.e. the season 6 finale and when Lorelai was having her bachelorette party in season 2). But thats probably because he's the only other man in Lorelai's life that she can go to and he will comfort her. So now I don't know. I guess I'll have to see the first few episodes of Season 7 to make up my mind.

    and again, I must ask.  How does 1/2 season of Luke being imperfect wipe out 21+ years of Chris' mistakes???  Please, someone give me a logical explanation for this!  Because I don't get it!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ggfanup2wazzu

    ggfanup2wazzu

    [94]Jul 19, 2006
    • member since: 08/23/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 174
    jonesk1981 wrote:

    iTaLiaNxx917 wrote:
    I agree with Franzi1984. Earlier on, around season 4 and before I totally wanted Lorelai and Luke to get together. And when they finally did I was so thrilled, but now, I don't know. Luke has been acting like a total jerk, thinking first about April over Lorelai and now i don't know what to think. I like Chris, he's a good guy at heart, and Lorelai DOES go to him when she feels sad or unsure (i.e. the season 6 finale and when Lorelai was having her bachelorette party in season 2). But thats probably because he's the only other man in Lorelai's life that she can go to and he will comfort her. So now I don't know. I guess I'll have to see the first few episodes of Season 7 to make up my mind.

    and again, I must ask.  How does 1/2 season of Luke being imperfect wipe out 21+ years of Chris' mistakes???  Please, someone give me a logical explanation for this!  Because I don't get it!

    Yes i agree!! Chris has screwed up right and left. But luke is just confused and everything about april and everyone completly changes their mind about him. Its stupid. How can a half a season change what everyone saw the first five and a half seasons? i mean come on really! And Lorelai was never in love with chris she made that obvious in the car. It was luke and it will always be luke for me! And i agree with someone said earlier up there. Lor is going to have to be the one apologising and begging for forgiveness. not luke.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RosarioTijeras

    RosarioTijeras

    [95]Jul 19, 2006
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 17

    eclipse86 wrote:
    I want Luke with Lorelai also, but no one seems to agree with my point that it is Lorelai that will have to do some serious begging not Luke! She is the one who slept around not Luke! Luke was trying to be a father to April what a crime!

    I'm with you to a certain degree. Not so much about the sleeping around (if she did it at all, cause although it looks like it, it might not have happened), but when she said she had to go after Luke wouldn't go long with her ultimatum, it sounded to me like she didn't mean just this moment, she wanted now or never and got never, so she's out. In my eyes they are broken up at that point (*sob*), so her sleeping with Chris would be a bit like Logan sleeping with Honor's friends, and apparently that was not cheating. *g*. And Lorelai did not handle things well at all. As I said before, had she told Luke how she was feeling, things might have been different for them. She definitely shares part of the blame.

    And I don't think anyone's complaining about Luke trying to be a father to April, it's just that he seems to have forgotten about Lorelai and their relationship. It's good that he wants to be involved in April's life, but he completely shut Lorelai out, and how was that ever going to work? If April is becoming so important to him and is such a big part of his life, then it's just plain wrong not to include Lorelai.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nashps13

    nashps13

    [96]Jul 21, 2006
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 553
    i would say chris because he is groomed and he gives women what they want but then again he has another baby with another woman...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gilmoregirls586

    gilmoregirls586

    [97]Jul 23, 2006
    • member since: 07/23/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 170
    lorelai lives in 3 worlds her mothers, stars hollows, and her own. in her mothers she is meant for chris. in stars hollow she belongs with luke . and in her own she has to decide which one or she'll go crazy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [98]Jul 25, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386

    I agree with the whole three worlds thing. She actually admits to this is several episodes, how she leads one life with her parents and another in Star's Hollow. But I think that the Star's Hollow Lorelai is the real Lorelai. She walked away from the other life when she moved out, now it just comes out for show around her parents and she seems to be discarding it there too. She never would have brought Luke to her parent's house or functions if she did not want the two lives to merge.

    I believe that to Lorelai her time to be with Chris ended when he went back to Sherri and had Gigi; the only problem is that she is still too dependent on him. I understand that they are friends, and that is a good thing for Rory's sake, but not where her and Luke are concerned because he keeps interfering! In my opinion she never should have gone to Chris' that night, even if nothing happened, and they are just friends it still was not the best idea. With the way things turned out that morning, if Luke finds out it may be really hard to believe that nothing happened and call it quits for good. Even if it is not considered cheating and they were broken up, it is Chris, he has been a sore spot for Luke and Lorelai for some time and he may still call it quits. When Logan slept with the bride's maids it is easier to say that they were no one and meant nothing because lets face it, they were. But Chris defiantley does not match this discription, he has always been important to Lorelai and holds a special place in her heart. Luke knows this, this is why it is hard for him to shake it off when he finds out that Chris and Lorelai have spent time together or when he tried to take Lorelai at the wedding renewal. In my opinion she should have went to Sookie's or any of her female friends so that it wouldn't end up like it did.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meredithB91

    meredithB91

    [99]Jul 25, 2006
    • member since: 07/26/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    Everyone has to have a first post sometime, and this is mine.

    I wholeheartedly agree with eclipse and wonder why it took so long for someone to bring up that Lor is the one who needs to do the begging here if she wants to be with Luke. Yes, he was a pain in the @ss this season, but you don’t dump your fiancé and sleep with someone else, especially someone that you have significant history with, the same night. Luke needed to be brought back to reality about this relationship, but he didn't deserve this.  He will be incredibly hurt by what she did, and no self respecting writer can have him take her back any time soon, and expect that to reflect any sort of reality.  Although, Lorelai sleeping with Chris, at this point, does seem to be out of character for her, so I guess anything is possible.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eclipse86

    eclipse86

    [100]Jul 26, 2006
    • member since: 06/13/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 386

    Thanks for agreeing with me and welcome to the forum!

    Also I would like to point out to you, the reason for a lot of debate on this issue is because many have the belief that nothing happened between Chris and Lorelai that night. This sounds totally crazy to me because what other bussiness would Lorelai have naked in Chris' bed?

    Edited on 07/26/2006 12:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.