Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Java Junkies #2: Written in the Stars

gilmorefan56

[4281]Apr 22, 2012
    • level: 12

Hi Elissa and Jess! Been a while since I've been here but I am always happy to see a post from either of you. Nice to know that there are at least two other Java Junkies still out there. Sometimes I think about that fact that it will be 5 years since GG was cancelled and wonder how I can still be soooo into the show, still enjoy watching so many of the episodes. I don't have an answer- there has never been a show before GG that so completely hooked me. And I was a latecomer to GG! I didn't start watching regularly until season 5, even though I would catch an episode or two before then. Once I started watching, I also began taping it on ABCFamily to catch up. And something tells me that I will remain eternally and hopelessly addicted to Luke & Lorelai!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GilmoresRock5

[4282]May 17, 2012
    • level: 10

Hi Mary, I was a latecomer to GG as well. I always noticed it on TV but never got into it until the 5th or 6th Season. I am forever addicted as well. I see Amy Sherman Palladino is coming out with a new TV show on ABC Family called "Bunheads". I think they are expecting all the GG fans out there will follow her. I have no desire to watch any show she does. I still have not let go or forgiven her betrayal. I don't know if I ever will. I hope all is well!

gilmorefan56

[4283]Jun 10, 2012

Elissa, I feel rhe same way. I've seen the commercials for "Bunheads" and they keep saying "from the creator of Gilmore Girls". Like you, I will never forgive ASP for abandoning GG and leaving us without a proper ending. Now, on to brighter topics. I was able to watch "Last week fights, this week tights" on both Saturday and today. I SO love this episode! I feel like we see Luke and Lorelai truly realize their feelings for one another during their dance. They start out nervous and tentative, dancing some distance apart. By the end of the dance, Luke is holding Lorelai tightly and she has her head on his shoulder. And the walk home is is icing on the cake! Luke asks her out on a date and is so relieved as he walks away, while Lorelai is puzzled but happy. I could watch this episode once. Week and never tire of it. Still the best couple to ever be on TV!!

Yaspaa

[4284]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 79
    Nice to see this thread still chugging away after 5 years. Viva Gilmore Girls.

jhurley1

[4285]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 22
    Hi everyone (and big hello to Yaspaa - nice to see you back!!) I was a latecomer to GG as well...my brother had the box sets of the first 3 (?) season. i started watching the first season and i think I got through all three seasons in a matter of days! instantly hooked!
    Ah, I didn't know ASP had a new show coming...interesting, I wonder if it will be a success. I'll have to look it up. Mary - that is the BEST episode and i think the dance will always be my favourite moment from the whole show...i just sit there for so long just rewind and watching them get closer during the dance in slow-motion lol

gilmorefan56

[4286]Jun 17, 2012

Hi Jess and Yaaspa! I'm so glad that people keep coming back to our thread. I know it's nuts, as GG ended 5 years ago, but I cannot - I WILL NOT - let go! And just like you, Jess, I rewind the dance scene a million times!

Something that I find humorous and ironic is that now, when ABC Family advertises upcoming episodes of GG, they mention Melissa McCarty. Between her show "Mike & Molly" and her movie "Bridesmaids", she has eclipsed both Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Since neither LG or AB seemed too sad to see GG end, I find that to be Divine Justice! And now that ASP has a new show, I suppose she's not at all interested in any kind of GG movie.

Today on SoapNet they had the episode where Luke & Lorelai kiss for the first time and it's SO cute! So I think that means that Written In the Stars will be on next weekend!

OK, take care and hope to see another post again soon!

xoxo to all

jhurley1

[4287]May 3, 2013
    • level: 22
    Hi all! Can you believe the show ended almost 6 years ago!!? how crazy is that! hope you've all been well x.