Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

Java Junkies #2: Written in the Stars

ccsballplaya30

[141]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 15

Hi, can you please add me? Thanks

I've never really noticed the Luke hug thing, but this afternoon I'm planning on watching season 5, so I'll have to pay attention to his hugs

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gilmorefan56

[142]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 12
    ccsballplaya30 wrote:

I've never really noticed the Luke hug thing, but this afternoon I'm planning on watching season 5, so I'll have to pay attention to his hugs

If you have Season Four, watch Raincoats & Recipes and the scene when Luke & Jess says goodbye and you'll see what I mean.

Season 5 is one of the best! The episode with Luke & Lorelai's first date - best TV ever. Don't know if Luke does any hugging, but he is so sexy when he tells Lorelai that he is "in, all in" to the relationship - and then when they're in bed he looks so hot! I can't help it - I am addicted to Luke. I need an intervention!

SMGslayer97

[143]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 34
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    ccsballplaya30 wrote:

If you have Season Four, watch Raincoats & Recipes and the scene when Luke & Jess says goodbye and you'll see what I mean.

Season 5 is one of the best! The episode with Luke & Lorelai's first date - best TV ever. Don't know if Luke does any hugging, but he is so sexy when he tells Lorelai that he is "in, all in" to the relationship - and then when they're in bed he looks so hot! I can't help it - I am addicted to Luke. I need an intervention!

No worries, I am the same way.

yensid85

[144]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 14
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

So I rewatched "A Tale of Poes and Fire" again last night....hadn't seen that one in ages. Did anyone notice how much shorter Luke's hair was? Maybe it's the whole season where it's short - I'll have to do a GG Season 3 marathon to find out. It looks good though - Luke ALWAYS looks good!

Last night, I was watching the Story of Luke and Lorelai on YouTube, and I noticed how short his hair was in s3. I really liked it.
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

AndLuke is the BEST hugger whenhe wants to be!He can be awkward, but when he really wants to hug someone, he grabs them, pulls them really tightly to him and then cradles their head in one hand. I WANT A HUG FROM LUKE!!

I saw a screencap of him hugging Rory from behind when she was sitting down, it was too cute. I think it's when he found out she was accepted to all 3 schools she applied to. So sweet.
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    I can't help it - I am addicted to Luke. I need an intervention!
    No worries, I am the same way.
    I think we're all a little Luke-obsessed.

gilmorefan56

[145]Jun 12, 2007

Thanks, SMGslayer and Yensid- good to know I'm not alone! I swear I've watched the scene of Luke & Lorelai's first date.....which leads to them being in bed ....a million times. One, because Luke is smoking hot and two because it's such a sweet scene (or two scenes).

So anyone got any fab pix of Luke to post here? And BTW, does anyone know if Scott Patterson is married? I've never seen him in anything but GG - what other movies/tv shows has he done?

suzyfox

[146]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 9
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

Thanks, SMGslayer and Yensid- good to know I'm not alone! I swear I've watched the scene of Luke & Lorelai's first date.....which leads to them being in bed ....a million times. One, because Luke is smoking hot and two because it's such a sweet scene (or two scenes).

So anyone got any fab pix of Luke to post here? And BTW, does anyone know if Scott Patterson is married? I've never seen him in anything but GG - what other movies/tv shows has he done?

ohhh i can recite that whole episode almost word for word, does that stop me from watching it....NEVER

gilmorefan56

[147]Jun 12, 2007
    suzyfox wrote:
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

ohhh i can recite that whole episode almost word for word, does that stop me from watching it....NEVER

I KNOW!!! Just from memory here's my favorite lines:

Lorelai (looking at the horoscope) "You kept this in your wallet? You kept this in your wallet!"

Luke: 8 years. Lorelai, this thing we're doing here, you, me, I just want you to know that I'm in - I am ALL in.

THE MOST ROMANTIC WORDS EVER SPOKEN I SWEAR! Now I have to go home and watch it again. I am going to warp my DVD I've played it so much!

suzyfox

[148]Jun 12, 2007

does that.....are you scared

and Lorelai Just sits there and smiles

gilmorefan56

[149]Jun 12, 2007
    suzyfox wrote:

does that.....are you scared

and Lorelai Just sits there and smiles

YES! And then the next scene of them in bed and Lorelai says "this have been a great first date!" and Luke said "it only took us 8 years to get here".

Suxyfox, you ARE as obsessed as I am! And that's a good thing!

Now- who has any personal info about Scott Patterson??

suzyfox

[150]Jun 12, 2007
    Go to an episode of GG, like the summary and click on his name, that has some good info

yensid85

[151]Jun 12, 2007
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    I don't think Scott is married. As far as I can tell he's never been married. He was in an episode of Seinfeld and an episode of Will and Grace. You should check out this fansite. It's got all kinds of great Scott related stuff.

gilmorefan56

[152]Jun 12, 2007
    yensid85 wrote:
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    I don't think Scott is married. As far as I can tell he's never been married. He was in an episode of Seinfeld and an episode of Will and Grace. You should check out this fansite. It's got all kinds of great Scott related stuff.

LOVE this site- thank you! How is it that SP is not married? He is so gorgeous! But I like it better this way!

SMGslayer97

[153]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 34
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    yensid85 wrote:
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

LOVE this site- thank you! How is it that SP is not married? He is so gorgeous! But I like it better this way!

I saw him on Will & Grace, he plays a total letch! It's disgusting and so not Luke, but it's interesting to see him in such a different role (though it's somewhat small).

Brasslefrat

[154]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 11
    *fades in* welcome newbie!!!! Java Junkie 4 eva!!! by the way newbie i like your banner, although that asia thing brings me bad memories, but still!! @gilmorefan56: im not in heaven but we dont have 8th season down here either, probably cuz we dont decerve it!!! *fades out*

BringOutBopit45

[155]Jun 12, 2007
    gilmorefan56 wrote:
    yensid85 wrote:
    gilmorefan56 wrote:

I know what you mean! lol. But if he did get married, I would want it to be to Lauren Graham.

jhurley1

[156]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 22
    omg! woo hoo! i was gone for a day, and 3 pages full of new comments yay!

lol. YES! lukes hair is short in season 3. you dont really notice it that much til the finale, coz he wears the baseball cap, but i really liked it

I LOVE WRITTEN IN THE STARS!! BEST EPISODE EVER! along with R & R oh man. im getting giddy just thinking about it. lol. when its a bit awkward at the beginning, but then lorelai says 'we'll get better at this'! coz she knows that theyer going to be doing it many more times so sweet. lol.

I agree. how can SP not be married!!!! strange. lol and yeh, his character is awful in Will and grace. but i enjoyed watching him in it, coz its SP

ill look for some good pics and post them

gilmorefan56

[157]Jun 13, 2007

@Brasselfrat- you're right, I'm an idiot. A world without a GG season 8 means that heaven doesn't exist. And we're all in !!

@Jhurley1 - please do find some fab SP pix. You always seem to find the best stuff

To all the JavaJunkies: Did those of you in the US see Lauren Graham on The Tonight Show last night? As seems to always be the case, they talk about GG ending and she just told the same story about getting a call from her manager and that's how she found out. She said that Edward Hermann found out from a guy at a video store! She did say that the cast didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye to one another, but then made a joke. She and Alexis certainly aren't as sad as we are. And no mention of a GG movie...

So I'll cling to my DVD's and watch each episode over and over until I can finally let go - which will be never.

BringOutBopit45

[158]Jun 13, 2007
    ^agreed. i'm never letting it go! i just saw 'like mother, like daughter' today. its so funny how Lorelai gets all jealous and mad at Luke for talking to that Chilton mom. hehee.

yensid85

[159]Jun 13, 2007
    BringOutBopit45 wrote:
    ^agreed. i'm never letting it go! i just saw 'like mother, like daughter' today. its so funny how Lorelai gets all jealous and mad at Luke for talking to that Chilton mom. hehee.
    I watched it yesterday. Towards the end when she leaves the diner, he's got this smirk on his face like, "Oh, yeah, she wants me."

gilmorefan56

[160]Jun 13, 2007
    BringOutBopit45 wrote:

I know - I LOVED that! It's so much fun to watch the development of Luke & Lorelai's relationship. Neither one, at that stage, knows that they really love the other, but they know that there's "something". Another great episode (can't remember the name) is the one where Lorelai is going to help Luke paint the diner. She comes in after closing and then the townspeople show up so they hide behind the counter. They're on their knees trying to see if Taylor & gang have left and Lorelai looks over her shoulder and Luke's face is SO close- and there's this look, this moment when it looks like they're going to kiss. And they both know that they WANT to kiss, but then they move apart. SIGH - I LOVE LUKE & LORELAI!!!!