Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

NEW Questions, Comments, Opinions...Post them HERE!!!

satchman23

[81]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 19
    aussieforgood wrote:
    I watched a movie yesterday with Logan (can't spell his real name) in it, Eight Legged Freaks...cool movie.

I agree that was a pretty good movie!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LorelaiAndLuke

[82]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 4
    Ok I know I'm going to get shot for this question....

But when does the hiatus start? I have been soooo busy lately that I haven't had the time to find that out.

And yes I know I'm being lazy I could just scroll through all the posts, but I really don't have the time.

So does the hiatus happen this week or the next? Or when if neither?

jonesk1981

[83]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 7
    LorelaiAndLuke wrote:
    Ok I know I'm going to get shot for this question....

But when does the hiatus start? I have been soooo busy lately that I haven't had the time to find that out.

And yes I know I'm being lazy I could just scroll through all the posts, but I really don't have the time.

So does the hiatus happen this week or the next? Or when if neither?

The hiatus began after last weeks episode "he's slippin em bread...dig?" which aired on November 22, and the next new episode airs on January 10.

xoxfan4lifexox

[84]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 3
    gilmore girls isn't playing on the wb or the golbal channel (some movie is playing insetad) so i checked my guide, and found GG has been moved to wed. at 10!!!!! could somebody please tell me when the change was made and if the show will ever return to tues day at 8? thanks in advance!!

earth05

[85]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 4
    xoxfan4lifexox wrote:
    gilmore girls isn't playing on the wb or the golbal channel (some movie is playing insetad) so i checked my guide, and found GG has been moved to wed. at 10!!!!! could somebody please tell me when the change was made and if the show will ever return to tues day at 8? thanks in advance!!

That is just for this week because they are showing the American Girl movie. Next week it will be back to normal.

aussieforgood

[86]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 23
    satchman23 wrote:
    aussieforgood wrote:
    I watched a movie yesterday with Logan (can't spell his real name) in it, Eight Legged Freaks...cool movie.

Yeh, but he was a real jerk in it, esp. at the beginning

VeggiHead

[87]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 7
    is it me or does april remind you of vilma from the scooby doo movies? esp at the fair.

satchman23

[88]Nov 29, 2005
    aussieforgood wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    aussieforgood wrote:

Yeh, but he was a real jerk in it, esp. at the beginning

I agree he was a major jerk in that movie!

racheeel

[89]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 18
    xoxfan4lifexox wrote:

Actually, it is playing at the same time on Global.

smileyGGfan

[90]Nov 29, 2005
    2 Questions:

1. does anyone know a good place 2 download GG episodes (pref. seasons 5 and 6) w/o it taking 50 yrs for it 2 download? im currently using limewire but its usually very slow and my computer likes 2 randomly turn off the internet connection in the middle of downloading them.

2. does anyone know how 2 turn GG episodes videos into video clips for the purpose of making music videos using windows movie maker? im not sure how u do it after the episode does finally download.

any help is greatly appreciated

also, still wondering if anyone has a screencap of the LL kiss at the end of The Prodigal Daughter Returns in the diner, thnx.

xoxfan4lifexox

[91]Nov 29, 2005
    • level: 3
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

landlfan

[92]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 13
    Smiley,
    This is the only question I can help you with.
    1. does anyone know a good place 2 download GG episodes (pref. seasons 5 and 6) w/o it taking 50 yrs for it 2 download? im currently using limewire but its usually very slow and my computer likes 2 randomly turn off the internet connection in the middle of downloading them.

I use limewire also, but I have a high speed cable connection. If you have a dial up line, theirs not much you can do on the speed. On the dropping the connection, look and see if there is a place you can turn that off. I've never understood why they don't monitor downloads as activity. Thats tech stuff from when you paid by the # of hours you were on. weather you have cable or not, if you can DL from a user that has Cable, T1, T3 or higher connection. Usually you will get the max speed of your connection. Also the more users with your episode on line the faster it will DL up to the speed of our ISP.
    Hope this helps. Ron

charmed05

[93]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 15
    It is illegal to do that. How are you getting away with it?!!!! I nearly lost my computer to it damn it!!!! I guess it's what I pick, damn luck!!!!!!! Gr!!!!!!!! There's a board that's free, at 5 posts but megaupload is slow too and illegal also.

satchman23

[94]Nov 30, 2005
    charmed05 wrote:
    It is illegal to do that. How are you getting away with it?!!!! I nearly lost my computer to it damn it!!!! I guess it's what I pick, damn luck!!!!!!! Gr!!!!!!!! There's a board that's free, at 5 posts but megaupload is slow too and illegal also.

You have to find and use a program that is not illegal to use.There are many out there to use legally.

smileyGGfan

[95]Nov 30, 2005
    landlfan wrote:
    Smiley,

I use limewire also, but I have a high speed cable connection. If you have a dial up line, theirs not much you can do on the speed. On the dropping the connection, look and see if there is a place you can turn that off. I've never understood why they don't monitor downloads as activity. Thats tech stuff from when you paid by the # of hours you were on. weather you have cable or not, if you can DL from a user that has Cable, T1, T3 or higher connection. Usually you will get the max speed of your connection. Also the more users with your episode on line the faster it will DL up to the speed of our ISP.
    Hope this helps. Ron

thanks for the info, landl. i do have a high speed connection but it does seem 2 always be slow. i usually download things that are cable, modem, or T1, they seem 2 work best. i dont think theres a place 2 turn off the dropping of the connection but thnx for ur help anyway.

and like satch said, not all downloading software is illegal so plz do not make accusations against me, charmed.

aussieforgood

[96]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 23
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

satchman23

[97]Nov 30, 2005
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    landlfan wrote:
    Smiley,

Hope this helps. Ron

thanks for the info, landl. i do have a high speed connection but it does seem 2 always be slow. i usually download things that are cable, modem, or T1, they seem 2 work best. i dont think theres a place 2 turn off the dropping of the connection but thnx for ur help anyway.

and like satch said, not all downloading software is illegal so plz do not make accusations against me, charmed.

I have some other programs I use that are great but I won't talk about them here.If you want to know more just send me a PM and if you don't that is also fine!

diamonddiva891

[98]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 12
    VeggiHead wrote:
    is it me or does april remind you of vilma from the scooby doo movies? esp at the fair.

haha just to let you know when I read that I laughed so hard (not in a bad way.) In a way you're kinda right

satchman23

[99]Nov 30, 2005
    Hey Smiley! I did answer your PM you sent me just incase you didn't see that I did.

smileyGGfan

[100]Nov 30, 2005
    satchman23 wrote:
    Hey Smiley! I did answer your PM you sent me just incase you didn't see that I did.

lol yup just saw it, PM'ing u back