Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

NEW Questions, Comments, Opinions...Post them HERE!!!

satchman23

[101]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 19
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    Hey Smiley! I did answer your PM you sent me just incase you didn't see that I did.

lol yup just saw it, PM'ing u back

Okie dokie! Ya I know that little PM number is not the easest to see as I miss it alot of the time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

landlfan

[102]Dec 1, 2005
    • level: 13
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    landlfan wrote:
    Smiley,
    This is the only question I can help you with.
    1. does anyone know a good place 2 download GG episodes (pref. seasons 5 and 6) w/o it taking 50 yrs for it 2 download? im currently using limewire but its usually very slow and my computer likes 2 randomly turn off the internet connection in the middle of downloading them.

I use limewire also, but I have a high speed cable connection. If you have a dial up line, theirs not much you can do on the speed. On the dropping the connection, look and see if there is a place you can turn that off. I've never understood why they don't monitor downloads as activity. Thats tech stuff from when you paid by the # of hours you were on. weather you have cable or not, if you can DL from a user that has Cable, T1, T3 or higher connection. Usually you will get the max speed of your connection. Also the more users with your episode on line the faster it will DL up to the speed of our ISP.
    Hope this helps. Ron

thanks for the info, landl. i do have a high speed connection but it does seem 2 always be slow. i usually download things that are cable, modem, or T1, they seem 2 work best. i dont think theres a place 2 turn off the dropping of the connection but thnx for ur help anyway.

and like satch said, not all downloading software is illegal so plz do not make accusations against me, charmed.

I would never do that.

charmed05

[103]Dec 1, 2005
    • level: 15
    No all software IS illegal. I looked it up. They are getting rid of it! And yes. Unless u PAY for it. Every1 pays? No, no1 does. U mean the software but u paid for it? It was not an accusation. What is the little brat for? It's not in there.

racheeel

[104]Dec 1, 2005
    • level: 18
    Doesnt it depend on your country's/state's(for the americans) laws? Like if they accept downloading or not.

satchman23

[105]Dec 1, 2005
    charmed05 wrote:
    No all software IS illegal. I looked it up. They are getting rid of it! And yes. Unless u PAY for it. Every1 pays? No, no1 does. U mean the software but u paid for it? It was not an accusation. What is the little brat for? It's not in there.

Again another post from you that is very confusing and hard to follow!

satchman23

[106]Dec 1, 2005
    racheeel wrote:
    Doesnt it depend on your country's/state's(for the americans) laws? Like if they accept downloading or not.

Yes it does!

jonesk1981

[107]Dec 1, 2005
    • level: 7
    satchman23 wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't understand more than half of what Charmed05 writes.

satchman23

[108]Dec 1, 2005
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't understand more than half of what Charmed05 writes.

No you are certainly not the only one! I really try to follow and understand what he/she says but I just can't do it.

brownsquare

[109]Dec 1, 2005
    satchman23 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:

No you are certainly not the only one! I really try to follow and understand what he/she says but I just can't do it.

I'll try to translate:
    "All software is illegal, I looked it up. The government is getting rid of the software. Unless you pay for it, you will no longer be able to download. Currently, no one pays for the software. I didn't mean to accuse you. And BTW, landlfan, which did you add 'The little brat' to the quote in your signature, that is not in the actual dialogue."

DISCLAIMER: I don't agree with her statement, I just tried to make it a little more clear for y'all's sake.

satchman23

[110]Dec 2, 2005
    brownsquare wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:

I'll try to translate:
    "All software is illegal, I looked it up. The government is getting rid of the software. Unless you pay for it, you will no longer be able to download. Currently, no one pays for the software. I didn't mean to accuse you. And BTW, landlfan, which did you add 'The little brat' to the quote in your signature, that is not in the actual dialogue."

DISCLAIMER: I don't agree with her statement, I just tried to make it a little more clear for y'all's sake.

Thanks for putting it in english so we could understand it! But he/she certainly has no idea what there talking about on this subject! But that is there problem not mine!

charmed05

[111]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 15
    [This message was deleted at the request of board moderator or administrator]

jonesk1981

[112]Dec 2, 2005
    charmed05 wrote:
    I see. U a***** do not talk behind my back. I am sick of it! Ur all morons. I swear, all of you! It is in english, idiots. S**** you. Bye.

Um...first of all, it's not behind your back seeing as you have access to the forum. and second of all, your definition of English must be different then the rest of ours. That being said this post is about the only thing you've written that's actually readable. Ironic, huh??

Susas

[113]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 6
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    charmed05 wrote:
    I see. U a***** do not talk behind my back. I am sick of it! Ur all morons. I swear, all of you! It is in english, idiots. S**** you. Bye.

Um...first of all, it's not behind your back seeing as you have access to the forum. and second of all, your definition of English must be different then the rest of ours. That being said this post is about the only thing you've written that's actually readable. Ironic, huh??

True.

as a little by-note, I have answered once to a similar download-question and have received a TV.com warning for doing so. TV.com is a website financed with ads, and discussions about downloads are not allowed. I don't know about US-laws, but in Europe downloading is being controlled and it is in most cases illegal. Allowed are only freeware, pictures without copyrights etc.
    I also know that a lot of people do it, and I personally don't mind, bu I wouldn't recommend it and I certainly would stop discussing it here in the open. It's our/your luck that the Mods are not here on the boards frequently. The picture thread only got closed because someone asked a Mod to stick it.

brofoxfan

[114]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 5
    charmed's last reply reminds me of a person driving their car down a one-way street going the wrong way and yelling at every other driver for being an idiot. Sorry. I just couldn't resist writing that.

jonesk1981

[115]Dec 2, 2005
    brofoxfan wrote:
    charmed's last reply reminds me of a person driving their car down a one-way street going the wrong way and yelling at every other driver for being an idiot. Sorry. I just couldn't resist writing that.

Don't be sorry! That was hilarious!! And a very good comparison, I might add!

brofoxfan

[116]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 5
    Thanks, jonesk1981! I appreciate that.

diamonddiva891

[117]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 12
    brofoxfan wrote:

LMAO!!!!!!!

I agree with you all, it is hard to read.

satchman23

[118]Dec 2, 2005
    charmed05 wrote:

I see someone forgot to take there nap! Don't let the forum door hit ya in the butt on the way out!

satchman23

[119]Dec 2, 2005
    brofoxfan wrote:

That was very funny and agree with your comparision!

brownsquare

[120]Dec 2, 2005
    brofoxfan wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA, that's great!