Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

NEW Questions, Comments, Opinions...Post them HERE!!!

rosa33

[141]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 1
    i completely agree. Although i like lorlei and luke together i think she could have got someone better, or with a more fun personality.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rosa33

[142]Dec 15, 2005
    you know i really wish Jess and rori would go together again! they're so perfect. i've always not really liked logan or dean. But marty is great too! What ever happened to him??? ahora rori should have someone though

rosa33

[143]Dec 15, 2005
    i didn't mean to write ahora, sorry!

rosa33

[144]Dec 15, 2005
    I'm so glad logan and rori broke up!!! but i wish jess was there for her

smileyGGfan

[145]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 19
    hi rosa33, just wanted to give u a few tips since i believe ur new to the forum. you don't have to triple or quadruple post, you can instead edit the posts u've already made or delete a post if it double posts by accident. hope that helps u out

jonesk1981

[146]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 7
    rosa33 wrote:
    i completely agree. Although i like lorlei and luke together i think she could have got someone better, or with a more fun personality.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!????????????????? I'm sorry, you've rendered me speechless! Where did that come from!? Luke & Lorelai seem to have a lot of fun when they're together to me. They feed off of eachother. They are a perfect balance. He keeps her grounded, she shows him how to enjoy the little things in life.

diamonddiva891

[147]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 12
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    earth05 wrote:
    I just noticed the other day that Lauren Graham not only has the same initials as her character on the show(which everyone knows that) but, she can also ues the nick name given to her by Chris in real life too. I just thought that was cool.

I did not know that and that is very cool!

sorta, but not really. cuz my name is also Lauren and although i have heard of the nickname Laur, i dont believe ive heard of 'Lor'. but i suppose they do sound similar lol

Personally the name "Lor" just gives me the creeps, because it's so...christopher. He's the only one that actually calls her that.

Since I think "Lor" is cute, I wouldn't say it creeped me out... but it is very Chris and i hate him. And besides I call my friend Laur/Lor so I'm just use to saying it lol.

jonesk1981

[148]Dec 18, 2005
    diamonddiva891 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    earth05 wrote:
    I just noticed the other day that Lauren Graham not only has the same initials as her character on the show(which everyone knows that) but, she can also ues the nick name given to her by Chris in real life too. I just thought that was cool.

sorta, but not really. cuz my name is also Lauren and although i have heard of the nickname Laur, i dont believe ive heard of 'Lor'. but i suppose they do sound similar lol

Personally the name "Lor" just gives me the creeps, because it's so...christopher. He's the only one that actually calls her that.

Since I think "Lor" is cute, I wouldn't say it creeped me out... but it is very Chris and i hate him. And besides I call my friend Laur/Lor so I'm just use to saying it lol.

Oh, I just meant the name "Lor" was creepy for Lorelai herself, because that's what Chris always calls her. The nickname itself is fine, it's just on that show, I can't stand it. HEHE!

MissyPea

[149]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 5
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    diamonddiva891 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    earth05 wrote:

Oh, I just meant the name "Lor" was creepy for Lorelai herself, because that's what Chris always calls her. The nickname itself is fine, it's just on that show, I can't stand it. HEHE!

yeah! I too can't stand it.. I liked it the first time he said it though.

diamonddiva891

[150]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 12
    MissyPea wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    diamonddiva891 wrote:
    jonesk1981 wrote:
    smileyGGfan wrote:
    satchman23 wrote:
    earth05 wrote:

yeah! I too can't stand it.. I liked it the first time he said it though.

YEAH, I thought ti was cute when we first got introduced to him, but now when you hear it on the show it's kinda like 'ewww get away'.

MonicaKeller

[151]Dec 21, 2005
    I have a question. When Luke wants to buy the Twikham (sp) house, Taylor says he has to talk to the town council or soemthing to that affect. Who is the guy, when they are in the steam room, that has the towel over his head and agrees that Luke should get the house? That has bugged me for a while now.

jonesk1981

[152]Dec 21, 2005
    MonicaKeller wrote:
    I have a question. When Luke wants to buy the Twikham (sp) house, Taylor says he has to talk to the town council or soemthing to that affect. Who is the guy, when they are in the steam room, that has the towel over his head and agrees that Luke should get the house? That has bugged me for a while now.

The town elder was played by Greg Lewis. You can look him up on www.imdb.com. Look under regular guest stars. It breaks them down by episodes. Page down to the episode "Blame Booze and Melville". His name is hyperlinked so you can click on it and see everything he's starred in. Hope this helps.

MissyPea

[153]Dec 21, 2005
    landlfan wrote:

The dig part is is hidden like Recipies(spl?). in the 50's dig was used for "you got it", "you understand", "hey man you dig it", ie he gave em bread you dig. oh well probably wrong, if fact i'm sure. but maybe we'll find out.

I'm not sure if this has been said before...

"Dig!" is a documentary about rivalry between two mucisians: Anton Newcombe and Courtney Taylor.
    The tambourine guy, Joel, who says dig in the episode, actually comes from the movie Dig!

Ok, the board looks different now after I've posted this
    Confused abt where the quote came from!!

MonicaKeller

[154]Dec 21, 2005
    That helps some. How did the character know Luke really well?

MissyPea

[155]Dec 21, 2005
    MonicaKeller wrote:
    That helps some. How did the character know Luke really well?

My perception was that it's because he's a town elder and he knew Luke's dad. I'm sure the town elders keep track og the people who lived in Stars Hollow for generations.. Just a thought that last part

MissyPea

[156]Dec 21, 2005
    Susas wrote:
    Quick question, sorry if this has been asked and answered before: Why is Paris called a pre-med? What does it mean? (Remember: foreigner asking!) And then another question concerning Finn. He seems to be rather the distracted kind of guy and I wondered if someone like him would have a chance to get into Yale. I understand that he adds flavour to societies like the life and death brigade, but being rich does not buy a ticket to Yale...or does it?
    and then, finally last question (now that I've started it's not easy to stop) do clubs like the life and death brigade really exist? In Germany it's completely unknown, at least at my university - and that's a small and catholic one.

Just bumping this one post... Would like to hear some people's thoughts on the Finn issue..

jonesk1981

[157]Dec 22, 2005
    MissyPea wrote:
    Susas wrote:
    Quick question, sorry if this has been asked and answered before: Why is Paris called a pre-med? What does it mean? (Remember: foreigner asking!) And then another question concerning Finn. He seems to be rather the distracted kind of guy and I wondered if someone like him would have a chance to get into Yale. I understand that he adds flavour to societies like the life and death brigade, but being rich does not buy a ticket to Yale...or does it?
    and then, finally last question (now that I've started it's not easy to stop) do clubs like the life and death brigade really exist? In Germany it's completely unknown, at least at my university - and that's a small and catholic one.

Just bumping this one post... Would like to hear some people's thoughts on the Finn issue..

I think Finn is probably a lot smarter than he acts. His test scores probably reflect that. Also, He definitely has the funds to pay for Yale. Another thought is that he probably comes from a very prominent family, much like Logan. His parent's might have a lot of influence in a place like Yale. Those are just my thoughts.

MissyPea

[158]Dec 22, 2005
    Hey everybody, I just watched the Secrets and Loans episode today - Amazing to find an episode I hadn't watched before It was really cool with Paris and Rory not telling her about the PSAT scores!

jonesk1981

[159]Dec 22, 2005
    MissyPea wrote:
    Hey everybody, I just watched the Secrets and Loans episode today - Amazing to find an episode I hadn't watched before It was really cool with Paris and Rory not telling her about the PSAT scores!

I thought that was pretty funny. The lengths that Paris went to to try and get Rory to tell her her scores. HEHE! I also thought it was sweet how Luke tried to loan Lorelai the money without actually telling her he was lending her the money. Even though it didn't work, it was still a sweet gesture.

racheeel

[160]Dec 22, 2005
    • level: 18
    I've always wondered this but kept forgetting to ask..

Is Luke older than Lorelai, or are they around the same age?