Gilmore Girls Forums

The WB (ended 2007)

NEW Questions, Comments, Opinions...Post them HERE!!!

gilvatar

[1481]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 17
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Does anyone know what the deal was with Kirk having a new job in every othr episode? I know it was a running gag kind of like a quirk, but it came off as like he was already working there for a long time as opposed to being new. Plus no one ever asked him. It seemed like his thing was he was an expert at everything or he just preprared really well.. It started in the first season well into the sixth as far as I can tell. What was the writers reason for doing this?
    do they need a reason? it was funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrsgalaxy

[1482]Feb 24, 2009
    • level: 14
    gilvatar wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    Does anyone know what the deal was with Kirk having a new job in every othr episode? I know it was a running gag kind of like a quirk, but it came off as like he was already working there for a long time as opposed to being new. Plus no one ever asked him. It seemed like his thing was he was an expert at everything or he just preprared really well.. It started in the first season well into the sixth as far as I can tell. What was the writers reason for doing this?
    do they need a reason? it was funny.

I agree . Not just funny but brilliant. Thats why I want to know how they came up with that fantastic idea. Actually does anyone know if its mentioned on the DVD extras or if they discuss it there either by Amy or by SEan Gunn?

spikemaniac

[1483]Mar 6, 2009
    • level: 50
    The only time I remember them mentioning it is in "Blame Booze And Melville", when Kirk says "I've been working for eleven years, Luke. I've had fifteen thousand jobs. I've saved every dollar I've ever made. That and the miracle of compound interest has created a bounty of a quarter of a million dollars. Again, just under. I don't want to brag."

jrsgalaxy

[1484]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    spikemaniac wrote:
    The only time I remember them mentioning it is in "Blame Booze And Melville", when Kirk says "I've been working for eleven years, Luke. I've had fifteen thousand jobs. I've saved every dollar I've ever made. That and the miracle of compound interest has created a bounty of a quarter of a million dollars. Again, just under. I don't want to brag."
    Cool thanks. But anything more specific. On the season 1 DVD Amy says she came up with the concept of GG when she stopped at this small town in Connecticut and got alot of ideas from the little diner there I think. Anyways she came up with all these quirky characters but the idea of a person having a different job in virtually every single episode. I mean come on there had to be an inspiration somewhere or at least a reason. I mean you just dont write a character and say " Ok this Kirk character .. what can I do with him...hmm... Oh I know he will have thousand jobs....new episode..new job. He'll be the Jack of All Trades"..next charac...
    You know what I mean. Its too good of an idea to just come out like that. IF she was looking for something really eccentric then fine. Thats all I wanted to know.

funkyfresh5

[1485]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 33
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:
    Cool thanks. But anything more specific. On the season 1 DVD Amy says she came up with the concept of GG when she stopped at this small town in Connecticut and got alot of ideas from the little diner there I think. Anyways she came up with all these quirky characters but the idea of a person having a different job in virtually every single episode. I mean come on there had to be an inspiration somewhere or at least a reason. I mean you just dont write a character and say " Ok this Kirk character .. what can I do with him...hmm... Oh I know he will have thousand jobs....new episode..new job. He'll be the Jack of All Trades"..next charac...
    You know what I mean. Its too good of an idea to just come out like that. IF she was looking for something really eccentric then fine. Thats all I wanted to know.

It might be a bit of an in joke, since Sean Gunn, who plays Kirk, originally played the cable installation guy in an early episode and they probably wanted to give him another job as Kirk, so maybe it just rolled from there.

gilvatar

[1486]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 17
    funkyfresh5 wrote:
    jrsgalaxy wrote:
    spikemaniac wrote:

It might be a bit of an in joke, since Sean Gunn, who plays Kirk, originally played the cable installation guy in an early episode and they probably wanted to give him another job as Kirk, so maybe it just rolled from there.
    He also played the swan delivery guy. But not as Kirk.

TonyZiva84

[1487]May 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    Do anyone know if there will be a Gilmore Girls Movie??

NJZ

[1488]May 27, 2009
    • level: 29
    TonyZiva84 wrote:

As of right now, the answer is no. There could be one in the future but its doubtful

TonyZiva84

[1489]May 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    NJZ wrote:
    TonyZiva84 wrote:

As of right now, the answer is no. There could be one in the future but its doubtful
    Okay. Thanks. I was hoping for a movie.

piranhapete

[1490]May 31, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hey, completely random question, but in the season one episode when Emily sets up Lorelai with a smiley weirdo (I think it's 1.16 - Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers), they're all talking over Friday night dinner and Mr. Weirdo says he just must know what the appeal of Stars Hollow is. Lorelai replies, "Just miles and miles and miles!" I've seen that episode like ten times (probably not exaggerating) and I still have no idea what that means. Is it like, she's praising the miles between the Hollow and her parents' house? It seems like the comment just comes completely out of the blue. *sigh* I've been wondering for years...

crashingdoors

[1491]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 13
    Jackson was elected Town Selectman. I was waiting to see him run a town meeting, like Taylor did, but never saw it (or I missed the episode, or stepped out of the room during it, etc). Now, I'm on season 7 episode 1 and Taylor proclaims that he's the Selectman.

What happened? Did Jackson mention bowing out, or did they just kind of drop that story?

piranhapete

[1492]Sep 18, 2009
    crashingdoors wrote:
    Jackson was elected Town Selectman. I was waiting to see him run a town meeting, like Taylor did, but never saw it (or I missed the episode, or stepped out of the room during it, etc). Now, I'm on season 7 episode 1 and Taylor proclaims that he's the Selectman.

What happened? Did Jackson mention bowing out, or did they just kind of drop that story?

They dropped that story pretty much, although I guess it could be inferred that Jackson bowed out after the second baby was born. It's too bad more was said on it, 'cause it was a really funny storyline. At any rate, I don't think it's every mentioned again.

last_star

[1493]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    Does anyone know what episode Rory and Loreai are saying goodbye to the Inn and it shows a flashback of young Loreai swinging Rory around in the Inn?

ggfan_72

[1494]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 3

last_star wrote:
    Does anyone know what episode Rory and Loreai are saying goodbye to the Inn and it shows a flashback of young Loreai swinging Rory around in the Inn?

I believe that is a deleted scene on the season 3 DVD. It's supposed to be from the episode "Those Are Strings, Pinocchio" (episode 22).

ILoveDemi4ever

[1495]Dec 27, 2009
    Even though Luke was in a relationship with Rachel and was back with her for a while in season 3, it didn't really last long. I mean even she knew and was able to figure out how he felt about Lorelai. It was the most sweetest and a wonderful thing when she left the man she loved so much just for him to have his happiness. I loved her and didn't mind their relationship. Rachel was an amazing and terrific person who acted like a friend to Lorelai. And it really does takes a lot to leave the person you love. She was so brave and courageous. Their storyline should have remained like that for a longer period instead of just letting her go so quickly. As for the whole Nicole thing, he wen't on a cruise with her, proposed, than got engaged and married but she cheated on him and ended up having a divorce. I wasn't too fond of that relationship. And for her to just barge in like that and ask him if they can start over and postpone the wedding is more than he can handle. I mean after he told Lorelai what had happened and realized how hurt she was and at such an unstable condition when she first heard the news, I think that was one moment of when he realized he has feelings for her. But I was relieved when the whole Nicole situation was finished. He used to be with Anna at one point in his life and after discovering he had a daughter after many years is very selfish and unfair to him. I think he had the right to know as soon as April was born but she kept that from him. That was such a big secret Anna didn't share with him. As we can all see, they never got back together which in my opinion is fabulous. If Lorelai wasn't part of the picture meaning if her and Luke had never even met than Luke and Rachel would be the well suited couple. My point is that, even though he had all those past relationships and gave Rachel another chance Lorelai was always the one he truly and deeply loved. It was always her no matter what. He waited for her for 8 years and remained single besides the whole Rachel incident. I mean how many times was Luke in a relationship in the actual show apart from the past? Liz, his sister thought she was his wife and told her flat out she was his type. And than the whole remark about giving the earrings to Lorelai, just the way she said it sounded like she knew something was going on between them. Sookie was not blind and could see as well how Luke feels about Lorelai and tried to convince her it's all true. The whole town was aware about everything between the two of them. It was very clear from the beginning, they would end up together. And the first episode of season 1 doesn't mean that's the day they met because love takes a while to develop. From all the breakups to the biggest one of the series, actually there were only two but anyways we knew as viewers and some of the cast like Scott Patterson and the characters in the show that they will go back to each other which they did in the finale of season 7. I know it was just a kiss but that pretty much sums it all. So they proved throughout the years what love truly is and the whole meaning behind it. Their love is so difficult to explain in words because it's so beyond words can ever say. There isn't a greater love in my opinion than Lorelai's and Lukes. It's strong, powerful, deep, astounding and way beyond what I just said. God, I love them so much. The best couple in tv history and the actors with the most chemistry i've ever seen in my whole entire life.

RaspberryTgirl

[1496]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 1

Is Sasha & Anna the same actress

RaspberryTgirl

[1497]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    piranhapete wrote:
    Hey, completely random question, but in the season one episode when Emily sets up Lorelai with a smiley weirdo (I think it's 1.16 - Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers), they're all talking over Friday night dinner and Mr. Weirdo says he just must know what the appeal of Stars Hollow is. Lorelai replies, "Just miles and miles and miles!" I've seen that episode like ten times (probably not exaggerating) and I still have no idea what that means. Is it like, she's praising the miles between the Hollow and her parents' house? It seems like the comment just comes completely out of the blue. *sigh* I've been wondering for years...

yeah, it's praising the miles between her & her rents.

carcrashheart17

[1498]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 3
    I think Rory should have been with a hobo They don't get representation on TV anymore

AlphaReign

[1499]Dec 15, 2010
    • level: 2
    Gilmore Girls is in my opinion the funniest show ever.

sduvoisin

[1500]Sep 28, 2012
    RaspberryTgirl wrote:

Is Sasha & Anna the same actress

The same actress yes. But a completely different person in the Gilmore Girls universe.